Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's 20 Minutes Of Elyon RvR Content

Comments

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    This will be another Asian cash cow that will make hundreds of millions as stupid people will pay a fortune to enhance their gear just as they did in BDO
    [Deleted User]Valdheim
  • vicentesoulvicentesoul Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Looks fun.............................................................. for a month or so.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This game is now really getting my attention. I have been waiting so long for a PVP mmo with Territory Control and Elyon might be the one. 

This reminds me of an old school Lineage 2 castle siege.  :)

GreatnessNanfoodle
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    So many things happening on the screen and no lag , now that in itself is impressive.
    MikehaGreatnessNanfoodlecameltosisValdheim

• ysquare21ysquare21 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Hm. Looks beyonf generic and bland now. I was quite interested when it was announced as A:IR: Infinte Ascen quite a while back. The air combat, design and full on steampunk world looked interesting. Then it got quiet and resurfaced as this. Not only does it look generic but it has a similar enchantment system BDo has. Hard pass.
    Valdheim
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    we're in a time saying "better than nothing"...
    that's sad but as there's nothing coming, i'll give it a try too but i continue to refuse to put $$ in these
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2020
    People are still forgetting this is on UE3 so its gonna run like hot garbage when actual people play it. Hell, even developer controlled footage ran 'well' for Bless Online until it went live and we all know how that ended.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    How can anyone play with a UI that busy and so many over the top GFX all around? It looks obnoxious.
    [Deleted User]Valdheim
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Iselin said:
    How can anyone play with a UI that busy and so many over the top GFX all around? It looks obnoxious.
    After playing WoW over ten years I don't even notice the mess till I started playing ESO full time. 
    Catibrie
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    I mean, this has always looked like just another typical Korean MMORPG.  Everyone knew in the back of their minds that this would be the case.  The only reason it's disappointing is when they announced the game right after PUBG seemingly knocked it out of the park, and claimed it was their attempt at developing an MMO for a Western audience.  This is not for the West.
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    edited August 2020

Nanfoodle said:

remsleep said:

To really see what the game is about - go to 20:30 in video

LOOT BOX

RNG

yeah - awesome game

That's common in even the top MMOs. I played for many hours in ESO just to get some RNG. There are dozens of RNG vendors in ESO. This game bashing is sad and unneeded. Dont like what ya see, say so and move on. 

"top mmos" because there is literally nothing fucking else to play that doesnt have it. Just because its common doesnt mean it isnt a fucking garbage mechanic that needs to fuck right off.
    Valdheim
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Even under a diff name Kano manages to completely hijack and destroy a thread of a game he admits he'll never play.

Korean games are usually designed with the intent of squeezing money from their players in recent times and everyone should be aware of that. That being said though depending on the version the west gets by the looks of it I'm seeing some aspects of the game may be fun and it has nice visuals. Korean PC games designing the game around the cash shop motivates them to devote 150% to keeping the game working properly to keep the cash money flowing similar to mobile games.
    BruceYee said:
    Even under a diff name Kano manages to completely hijack and destroy a thread of a game he admits he'll never play.

Korean games are usually designed with the intent of squeezing money from their players in recent times and everyone should be aware of that. That being said though depending on the version the west gets by the looks of it I'm seeing some aspects of the game may be fun and it has nice visuals. Korean PC games designing the game around the cash shop motivates them to devote 150% to keeping the game working properly to keep the cash money flowing similar to mobile games.
    Tera has been one of the top 10 MMOs in the West. This is coming from their Studio. 
    alkarionlogCatibrie
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited August 2020
    The effects are like AoC's but on steroids 
    Post edited by Asheram on
    [Deleted User]
  • ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    Watching this got me an epileptical attack, as a non epileptic.

Jokes aside, it is at least very impressive for an UE3 game to run so smooth with whatever is going on on the screen (I can't tell because my brain can't process this particle pinata) escpecially with so many players participating but that's about everything positive I can say.

As others already mentioned this game was at least mildly interesting before the revamp when it was called A:IR and used to have that nice Steampunk vibe.
    Now it just looks like the next thing the 'generic UE3 asia mmorpg maker' spat out but yeah we are desperate af nowadays so I can see this having success in the west even if I don't like it.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    edited August 2020

Nanfoodle said:

remsleep said:

To really see what the game is about - go to 20:30 in video

LOOT BOX

RNG

yeah - awesome game

That's common in even the top MMOs. I played for many hours in ESO just to get some RNG. There are dozens of RNG vendors in ESO. This game bashing is sad and unneeded. Dont like what ya see, say so and move on. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with bashing RNG (esp Asian style RNG) and lootboxes. They should be bashed at every opportunity. I've played ESO for many hours too, the RNG with Undaunted chests is stupid, period.

"Don't like what ya see? Say so and move on"? That's exactly what he did. Works both ways ya know?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    and i'm the only one who thinks, lag fest and huge fps drops.

kinda used to games like aion and blade and soul, its run kinda smmoth on korea, but then it hit NA/EU/ Global, and the lag is huge, don't see the point anymore

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

kinda used to games like aion and blade and soul, its run kinda smmoth on korea, but then it hit NA/EU/ Global, and the lag is huge, don't see the point anymore

Looked smooth for a game in beta with no soft launch. I did notice some avatars showed with only a black silhouette. This game has yet to announce how they will come to the west but this is the marker of Tera and they do have servers in NA with great ping time. I would expect this game would be no different.  
    [Deleted User]bcbullyCatibrie
    Nanfoodle said:

Looked smooth for a game in beta with no soft launch. I did notice some avatars showed with only a black silhouette. This game has yet to announce how they will come to the west but this is the marker of Tera and they do have servers in NA with great ping time. I would expect this game would be no different.  

so was aion and blade and soul, I did play tera for a time too, but since I also played aion at the time tera was slower then aion was, so I stay with aion, since both was P2P in the day.

thing is, it UE3 engine, hoping it to run smooth is asking too much, both all games I mentioned was running smooth on korean servers, hit NA lag fest ensure.

you guys need to remember and understand, koran games, have  somethings, who hit hard when they try to go global, hacks, and internet speed, in South korea, is a small country plus they internet speed is a lot higher then a lot of parts of world, plus since all games there NEED a korean ID, if anyone is caught cheating is perma ban, there is no way to return

also this game is not from the makers from tera, people from black desert caught the game up, so who is messing with this game now is everyone guess
    [Deleted User]NanfoodleCatibrie
    Nanfoodle said:

so was aion and blade and soul, I did play tera for a time too, but since I also played aion at the time tera was slower then aion was, so I stay with aion, since both was P2P in the day.

thing is, it UE3 engine, hoping it to run smooth is asking too much, both all games I mentioned was running smooth on korean servers, hit NA lag fest ensure.

you guys need to remember and understand, koran games, have  somethings, who hit hard when they try to go global, hacks, and internet speed, in South korea, is a small country plus they internet speed is a lot higher then a lot of parts of world, plus since all games there NEED a korean ID, if anyone is caught cheating is perma ban, there is no way to return

also this game is not from the makers from tera, people from black desert caught the game up, so who is messing with this game now is everyone guess
    On that note, BD runs like a dream in NA. Has some odd bugs they have never gotten rid of but thats common in MMOs. Again the video looked smooth despite being in beta. With the amount of people on the screen and the volume of particle effects, makes me think the have Unreal 3 running very well. Would I like to see the game of UR4 or 5. Sure. But calling it a lag mess till we see how it does 3-6 months after launch. Is reaching. 
    bcbullyValdheimCatibrie
    Nanfoodle said:
    Nanfoodle said:

On that note, BD runs like a dream in NA. Has some odd bugs they have never gotten rid of but thats common in MMOs. Again the video looked smooth despite being in beta. With the amount of people on the screen and the volume of particle effects, makes me think the have Unreal 3 running very well. Would I like to see the game of UR4 or 5. Sure. But calling it a lag mess till we see how it does 3-6 months after launch. Is reaching. 

but bdo ther eis one little thing is regional locked for a long time, not letting anyone outside the country/region to log, that do 2 things, lower number of people and be default better ping, with also helps by people being close, you can't compare a server who have tops 3k,6k to one who can gather around 10k-20k.

plus is a video from the devs, no way in hell a dev will toss a video with lag, plus if they are playing in the same network as the server that kinda kills any lag issue

also if it become a lag mess I can say I told you so AGAIN? everytime someone calls on me when I say things like this, behold, when the game is already out everything I said did happen

you guys who belive in hype is the problem with the games today, any crap they toss to you you love it, then later complain why games are so boring
    edited August 2020
    Nanfoodle said:
    Nanfoodle said:

but bdo ther eis one little thing is regional locked for a long time, not letting anyone outside the country/region to log, that do 2 things, lower number of people and be default better ping, with also helps by people being close, you can't compare a server who have tops 3k,6k to one who can gather around 10k-20k.

plus is a video from the devs, no way in hell a dev will toss a video with lag, plus if they are playing in the same network as the server that kinda kills any lag issue

also if it become a lag mess I can say I told you so AGAIN? everytime someone calls on me when I say things like this, behold, when the game is already out everything I said did happen

you guys who belive in hype is the problem with the games today, any crap they toss to you you love it, then later complain why games are so boring
    If you want to play on a regions server thats not your own. Lag is your own fault. Games do region lock for that reason, to give best play experience. They also do it for pricing harmonization. Games give discounts on game depending on the region you are playing on. So for USD 15.00 a month would be $45 a month in say Australia. So they charge them what would be $8 USD. Its harder to give fair prices to people in regions when they cant be sure where you really are in the world.  
    Post edited by Nanfoodle on
    alkarionlogCatibrie
    Nanfoodle said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Nanfoodle said:

If you want to play on a regions server thats not your own. Lag is your own fault. Games do region lock for that reason, to give best play experience. They also do it for pricing harmonization. Games give discounts on game depending on the region you are playing on. So for USD 15.00 a month would be $45 a month in say Australia. So they charge them what would be $8 USD. Its harder to give fair prices to people in regions when they cant be sure where you really are in the world.  

not everyone have server in they country, not every play with random people, some play with they friends, who when he did travel abroad, he want to play with then who stayed, you problem pushing only proves you are ignoring issues, since its not a problem for you and you alone, it shows ignorance and lack empaty, since you not only ignore tech issues but also ignore the people who play
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Tone down the particle effects, guys!

Attacks should have crazy awesome attack animations, but particles should be kept to a bare minimum. 
    Nanfoodlebcbully[Deleted User]Catibrie
  • Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    Xodic said:
    I don't know, if there's a game behind all of the particles and post processing I can't see it.
    Im glad Im not the only person who cant see sht in this video.

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon