Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's 20 Minutes Of Elyon RvR Content

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageHere's 20 Minutes Of Elyon RvR Content

If you're looking for more Elyon gameplay footage, here it is.

Read the full story here

Comments

• slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 400
    Lets be real, this is a very generic asia mmorpg, but there is nothing better coming, so i'm up I will play it when it come to NA
    jungmtsAlomarGameboyMarcbgzgamermatsuzin
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    LMFAO .......................................No
    ZenJellyTacticalZombehsakinol[Deleted User]IselinGameboyMarcalkarionlog
  • yphanh2002yphanh2002 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    it looks way better than anything we currently have in the West. I hope it's coming to the West soon
    jungmtsMikehaZenJellyTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]mandark91sakinolGameboyMarcvelimiriusOrthelian
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    "If you’re unfamiliar with the name Elyon, it was previously called Ascent: Infinite Realm."

Ahhhhh........nope, still never heard of it.
    sschruppGameboyMarcFrodoFraginsWellspring
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Looks great
    ZenJelly
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Wait, this game had RvR?
    Catibrie
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 565
    I have no idea what the studio is planning to do with this, but the game looks more bland and boring with every new video sneak peek.

The first iterations still under the A:IR title looked infinitely more interesting than this generic game with no identity or originality.

Also, why do people keep repeating this is steampunk? The only steampunk thing left in the game at this point will probably be the occasional mechanical sound effect. Just compare this version to the early A:IR vids - this is miles away from them.

ZenJellysakinolysquare21Valdheim
    I have not bothered looking into this game because of its origin but after watching this video, I think it's overly flashy but that RvR video looked fun. Guess I'm taking a deep drive into this game this week. Thanks for the article.
    bcbully[Deleted User]ZenJellysakinolCatibrie
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    Gave the video a watch.

I was impressed with some things about it. There were genuinely a lot of people participating in that fight, so it's definitely an MMO which is surprising! The game also seemed to run quite smoothly considering the amount of people and the ridiculously flashy animations.

On the downside, the combat mechanics looked awful. Really shallow mechanics, just a few skills to use and a lot of jumping around spamming / avoiding AoE. Then there's the UI, ugghh, terrible! Some much shit on the screen but hardly any of it looked useful.

I did like the look of a few things on the battlefield. Working seige engines is a good thing, though those big droid / mech things looked out of place. Also liked the look of those stone golom things too.
    thighhighsZenJelly
  • jungmtsjungmts Member UncommonPosts: 42
    This game could have been released 10 years ago and we wouldn't know. It looks just like other korean MMO¨'s.
    ysquare21bgzgamer
  • JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
    boring, next game that looks exactly like this
    bcbullyZenJelly[Deleted User]sakinol
  • junglebeastjunglebeast Member UncommonPosts: 72
    edited August 2020
    Way too much stuff going on the screen. I've seen some bad WoW UI in my days. But this is over the top.
    [Deleted User]ZenJelly[Deleted User]ValdheimFrodoFragins

You know when you play too much MMO's when your partners pants have become a rare drop.

Can't find any word on when this comes to the west. Anyone know anything? Or any guesses?
    Catibrie
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Is that flying with a timer like in Aion?
    ZenJelly
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

TacticalZombehalin1209
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 708
    Can't even tell wtf is going on. Why is it all Asian themed MMO's look the same. 5 yr old sexualized girl characters with tits popping out, massively overly done spell effects, same animations. I guess they never learn? Or is it something that works well in Asian countries? I don't know... either way, this video was a turnoff
    ZenJelly[Deleted User]sakinolysquare21bgzgamerdoomex

Asheram said:

Watched that video and the game looks terrible. What was your point?
    ZenJellyysquare21Catibrie
  • Strizzy12Strizzy12 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    edited August 2020
    How does one even justify playing trash like this
    ZenJelly[Deleted User]bcbullyysquare21
    remsleep said:
    To really see what the game is about - go to 20:30 in video

LOOT BOX
    RNG

yeah - awesome game
    That's common in even the top MMOs. I played for many hours in ESO just to get some RNG. There are dozens of RNG vendors in ESO. This game bashing is sad and unneeded. Dont like what ya see, say so and move on. 
    [Deleted User]ZenJellyeoloeNephethysquare21MorbeousXophunfilteredJWtinoberserkitchmonand 3 others.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited August 2020
    Nanfoodle said:

Asheram said:

Watched that video and the game looks terrible. What was your point?
    His impression after playing it for 61 hours was the point. He liked it til lvl 30 then after that it was all dailies and chores not much story.

Whats your point?
    [Deleted User]
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Looks better than I thought it would.
    remsleep said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    remsleep said:
    To really see what the game is about - go to 20:30 in video

LOOT BOX
    RNG

yeah - awesome game
    That's common in even the top MMOs. I played for many hours in ESO just to get some RNG. There are dozens of RNG vendors in ESO. This game bashing is sad and unneeded. Dont like what ya see, say so and move on. 

Because games that resort to rng lootbox mechanics .. err "surprise mechanics" are hiding the lack of content behind players running the same shit over and over again because RNG mechanics. 

Let's just accept the fact that it's shit game design no matter east or west developer puts this in the game - it just means - hey instead of putting in proper content - we will just let players run this same thing 100s of times til they rng get what they need.

No I don't like what I see, no I won't move on

Remember just because something is commonly done, it doesn't mean it is right and that it doesn't need fixing.
    Not all RNG is bad. The way it was done in ESO was fair and they kept updating the system to make it more fair. We know little about the RNG in this game. Was interesting to see that after winning the keep or what ever they were fighting over, the RNG was given and it was an item they could wear. I know in ESO and DAoC and GW2 I could take out a dozen keeps in an evening. So that seemed like a fair reward for 20 min of game play. So for me, its a wait and see category. 
    BruceYeeCatibrie
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    It looks okish but nothing to make me excited .
    MIght give it a look when it launches if im super bored
  • DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    wow.... all these salty people hate this game before even giving it a chance. As a Lineage/Aion/Tera/BDO player this looks like fun to me. I'm not sure what western mmos are obviously much better than this. I've tried everything out and don't care for most of them at all.
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512

Way too much stuff going on the screen. I've seen some bad WoW UI in my days. But this is over the top.

Thats what im thinking looks like a giant cluster....No idea how anyone can tactically or skillfully sort out what is going on.
    Valdheim