Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Laser vs Optical Mouse

13»

Comments

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    edited August 2020
    Ridelynn said:
    I think you should buy a new mouse
    I think I should RMA it, but the store...who knows what they have sold me. The problem is the price. For that amount of money(double purchase), I could've just purchased Logi G603 or something.

edit: New mouse altogether(like Roccat Kone or something) or just a new unit of the current mouse? Tbh, I'd like a black version of my current mouse, if only I could RMA it properly. Fking war profiteer owned company!
    Post edited by Gorwe on
    So, what is the most recommendable procedure? To go with what I know(Drakonia Black) or to try something new, potentially better(Logitech G503)? Guess I could purchase another Drakonia 2, but I'm just not a fan tbh - its first version just feels better.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Gorwe said:
    So, what is the most recommendable procedure? To go with what I know(Drakonia Black) or to try something new, potentially better(Logitech G503)? Guess I could purchase another Drakonia 2, but I'm just not a fan tbh - its first version just feels better.

Look they are all about the same whether you buy a logitech, razer etc any good name brand should work good and "feel" good.

What will change is how long they last...most mice use cheap china switches and fact is them switches are all working below their min specs.

A decent mouse that is working right should just "feel good" and have good movement period regardless of the brand.

About the only thing usually you need to fine tune is adjusting your dpi so the movement of the cursor on screen is slower or faster and maybe the polling rate.

My  original razer naga that I am using right now to write this post is at 1800 dpi and 500hz poliing rate and it works just fine for me.

Beyond that, is all subjective and only you can figure out what is best or "feels right" for you.  Whether that's a bigger or smaller sized mouse, a lighter or heavier mouse, a mouse with the shiny hard plastic or one with more rubberized coating that something only you can figure out.

Here's the thing just... suck it up...and buy a new mouse if you like the look of a logitech one in particular that has the features you want just try and it and see if that doesn't work or feel right figure out what is bothering you and then buy something else you think will work.

Gorwe

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• stevejones1981stevejones1981 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    edited September 2020
    Laser mouse helps me play games easily and more comfortable. It does not disturb my activity as this can be used on any surface. The movement is smooth. Try Drakonia 1.
    Gorwe
    Asm0deus said:
    Gorwe said:

Look they are all about the same whether you buy a logitech, razer etc any good name brand should work good and "feel" good.

What will change is how long they last...most mice use cheap china switches and fact is them switches are all working below their min specs.

A decent mouse that is working right should just "feel good" and have good movement period regardless of the brand.

About the only thing usually you need to fine tune is adjusting your dpi so the movement of the cursor on screen is slower or faster and maybe the polling rate.

My  original razer naga that I am using right now to write this post is at 1800 dpi and 500hz poliing rate and it works just fine for me.

Beyond that, is all subjective and only you can figure out what is best or "feels right" for you.  Whether that's a bigger or smaller sized mouse, a lighter or heavier mouse, a mouse with the shiny hard plastic or one with more rubberized coating that something only you can figure out.

Here's the thing just... suck it up...and buy a new mouse if you like the look of a logitech one in particular that has the features you want just try and it and see if that doesn't work or feel right figure out what is bothering you and then buy something else you think will work.

How's G503 Hero? Look, I don't want to turn into a mossback of terrifying proportions and be so ultra conservative as to stick with the same mouse(even though...I should probably heed the Cajun wisdom on this one). Just seems comical.

Besides, G503 is easily 2x expensive as Drak1. Can it really outdo TWO mice or, more importantly, OUTLAST them?
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    edited September 2020
    I don’t know I’d I would say a name brand mouse is twice as good or durable than a generic. Anything can break, but I would say a name brand is less likely to do so, at least within its warranty period. And a “good” mouse is pretty subjective, if it’s comfortable to use, etc.

i would say they are more consistent and a known quantity. They also will have some semblance of warranty support and software updates.

My favorite mouse, the old Logitech G5, lasted almost 6 years before it finally was just wore out, I went through three or four mice within three or four years after that trying to find something I liked before I hit on a Corsair M65, and I’ve been using that mouse trouble free for almost 5 years now.

That isn’t to say a generic mouse couldn’t last just as long, or that I couldn’t find a generic mouse that I like to use just as well. But I think I would have had to do a lot more hunting than I did.
    Asm0deus
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Concerning Mice, I only have one thing to say.
    Logitech G502.
    It's been years, and I never needed anything else.

This what I settled on after trying Corsair. It's ok, kinda small for my hands but it works well.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Ridelynn said:
    I don’t know I’d I would say a name brand mouse is twice as good or durable than a generic. Anything can break, but I would say a name brand is less likely to do so, at least within its warranty period. And a “good” mouse is pretty subjective, if it’s comfortable to use, etc.

i would say they are more consistent and a known quantity. They also will have some semblance of warranty support and software updates.

My favorite mouse, the old Logitech G5, lasted almost 6 years before it finally was just wore out, I went through three or four mice within three or four years after that trying to find something I liked before I hit on a Corsair M65, and I’ve been using that mouse trouble free for almost 5 years now.

That isn’t to say a generic mouse couldn’t last just as long, or that I couldn’t find a generic mouse that I like to use just as well. But I think I would have had to do a lot more hunting than I did.
    Don't get me wrong. My Drak1 Black lasted for 3-4 years, I can still use it, but it doubleclicks. Wouldn't say no to repairing it. Drak2 is good, I must've gotten a half-faulty unit that has some issues with side movement. Regardless, I think that Drak1 is overall a better, more comfortable mouse, even better looking.

The only reason for me not reverting back via Amazon is...me not wanting to be a mossback. :)
    Let's try the (new) old one. I get a nice Ixalan artbook as a bonus. :)