Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What class and why ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,464
Monk, and here's why:
Throughout the years I've focused on Rogues and Healers.  Rogues for their complexity and stealth, Healers because of the popularity in groups.... Well it's time for a change, both are getting old.  Main Tanks ?..... well I suck as a main tank.... Caster DPS are usually easier with less responsibility, but find them boring.

Now with the Monk.... I like front line fighting and pulling from time to time. Also with the newly reviled harsh death penalty, I like the idea of "Feign Death" where you fall to the ground and mobs forget about you, it will save some heartache.

Judging from all past videos, it seems fights take long and out of battle mana regeneration is slow, I don't want to be "that guy" recharging mana all the time..... Seems Monks are always ready to go.

So yes, Monk it is. 

Here's a list:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/#section3

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,178
    I am going to play a ranger. Why? Because I didn't learn my lesson playing one in EQ, and I am a sucker for punishment. Really I just love the concept of being a ranger.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• worldsbestdadworldsbestdad Member UncommonPosts: 26
    No way to tell until I can try them, but Paladin or Dire Lord seem fun. Paladins always my go-to
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,410
    I would have to try them.

When Lord of the Rings Online was in development I was sure I was going to play champion. Made one played it for a bit but felt it was dull.

Then one day I made another one (most likely because I wanted to change my look as I do that if I don't like the look of my character and there are no options to redo the look) and I was fighting in the starter tutorial area and I heard this "ThwumP" and saw someone bashing an orc with a shield..

Was a guardian. I didn't know that at the time, just thought It was shield play.

But after looking into it I played guardian and never really like any other class better.

I loved my lineage 2 Storm Screamer and will definitely try some magic-using class but I like the brutal armor and sword game play these days.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,464
    Sovrath said:
    I would have to try them.

When Lord of the Rings Online was in development I was sure I was going to play champion. Made one played it for a bit but felt it was dull.

Then one day I made another one (most likely because I wanted to change my look as I do that if I don't like the look of my character and there are no options to redo the look) and I was fighting in the starter tutorial area and I heard this "ThwumP" and saw someone bashing an orc with a shield..

Was a guardian. I didn't know that at the time, just thought It was shield play.

But after looking into it I played guardian and never really like any other class better.

I loved my lineage 2 Storm Screamer and will definitely try some magic-using class but I like the brutal armor and sword game play these days.
    Sometimes what you think is good isn't good.

Lord of the Rings Online, I wanted to play a Burglar and felt dull, seems all classes were kind of dull.

I'm starting with a Monk and probably like it, but you never know.  Some times I'll play several classes to levels seven or ten...  Never any harm done because learning a new complex mmorpg I make mistakes I regret and want to start over again anyway.  Also at low levels I'm not established with the community yet anyway.

I'm not an alt jumper..... just need to settle in to a solid class soon in. 
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,428
    Well after Vanguard I felt I thought about what I miss the most and it turned out I really wanted to play my highelven Paladin some more.

She just looked sooooooo cool and I wanted to get her an unicorn, too. After getting a shadowhound for every other of my characters.

But ... it turned out elves cant be Paladin in Panteon, despite the fact that both EQ and VG allowed highelven Paladins.

To that I have to say: booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!! Not cool.

I was thinking of maybe playing a human Paladin instead. But thats just not the same.

Please set a sig so I can read your posting even if somebody "agreed" etc with it. Thanks.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,528
    Always Monk first.

Then Shaman, love the pet and no penalty on regen in combat. I also love having to be offensive to be a better healer too.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer