Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Of the top 6 selling games on Steam right now, Microsoft owns 4 of them.

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited July 2020 in General Gaming
Looks like Microsoft's strategy is to get the best of both worlds. Game Pass subs are doing amazing and they are also getting great sales too.  STEAM has been pure win for Microsoft. 

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2020
    IDK how Microsoft does it,marketing i guess,their games are not that good.RedDead is an ok game but it is still mostly wander around some nice scenery on a horse stopping to do some scripted scenes.It is however not that good of a game.
    The other games in that list are very ho hum,the newest being Honey i Shrunk the Kids game.

I can see the appeal of the mini me wandering through giant grass blades but overall,it's an average game,at least it is a new twist.If i was going to play one of those games it would be the Rick Moranis game,don't ask me how the hell i remember that name with my bad memory.I still wouldn't vacate Atlas for Grounded,to me Grounded doesn't offer me enough,especially long term,but yeah i get it,Grounded is a fun pickup for maybe a couple weeks of game play.
    Mikeha

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Wizardry said:
    IDK how Microsoft does it,marketing i guess,their games are not that good.RedDead is an ok game but it is still mostly wander around some nice scenery on a horse stopping to do some scripted scenes.It is however not that good of a game.
    The other games in that list are very ho hum,the newest being Honey i Shrunk the Kids game.

I can see the appeal of the mini me wandering through giant grass blades but overall,it's an average game,at least it is a new twist.If i was going to play one of those games it would be the Rick Moranis game,don't ask me how the hell i remember that name with my bad memory.I still wouldn't vacate Atlas for Grounded,to me Grounded doesn't offer me enough,especially long term,but yeah i get it,Grounded is a fun pickup for maybe a couple weeks of game play.
    Somehow I don't think you're the target demographic for Grounded.
    edited July 2020
    The oddity for me is that there was another government Q/A session with the supposed monopolies but i don't think they asked for any Microsoft representative.I remember seeing Amazon,Facebook etc but no Microsoft,go figure the biggest monopoly out there,i guess they figure Apple being a big player makes Microsoft less of a target.

Oh yes and Sea of thieves will NEVER get any praise from me,released as absolute crap,no content,basically nothing but a shell and released by Microsoft for $80..are you frgging serious,it will never be worth 80 bucks and of course now sells for $40.
    So there you go,even after Atlas and all the otehr survival games,how the hell did Microsoft get $80 for SOT,they must have a magic wand they wave around.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Actually I am the EXACT target because i look more for survival games than i do anything else,that is how i noticed the game,not from this site.I watched Firespark81 play the game for awhile,an old Atlas player.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    What's even crazier, is those games in the screenshot.. are all on Game Pass for half the price or less to play all of them for a month. Dozens of times less if you are doing the 1$ a month intro offer.
    Mikeha

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Wizardry said:
    The oddity for me is that there was another government Q/A session with the supposed monopolies but i don't think they asked for any Microsoft representative.I remember seeing Amazon,Facebook etc but no Microsoft,go figure the biggest monopoly out there,i guess they figure Apple being a big player makes Microsoft less of a target.

Oh yes and Sea of thieves will NEVER get any praise from me,released as absolute crap,no content,basically nothing but a shell and released by Microsoft for $80..are you frgging serious,it will never be worth 80 bucks and of course now sells for $40.
    So there you go,even after Atlas and all the otehr survival games,how the hell did Microsoft get $80 for SOT,they must have a magic wand they wave around.
    No idea where you live, but your country must get screwed on game prices. In the US, SoT was the same $60USD as practically every other game at launch, and was on Game Pass from Day 1. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Wizardry said:

No idea where you live, but your country must get screwed on game prices. In the US, SoT was the same $60USD as practically every other game at launch, and was on Game Pass from Day 1. 
    Probably Canadian, huge exchange rate differences.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Kyleran said:
    Wizardry said:

Probably Canadian, huge exchange rate differences.
    Yeah, I know there are a few countries where games can sell for $80 or even $100, but nowhere was I able to find any news of SoT being priced higher than other games are priced. He made it sound like MS was charging a premium for it, rather than it just being yet another online game that lacked content at launch.