Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's Why Squadron 42 News Was Delayed

124»

Comments

  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,159
    Deadline missed.



    jmlane223botrytis

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • olepiolepi Member RarePosts: 1,404
    "You expected wrong then. Alpha is not supposed to be playable, it's suposed to be testable."  -- Babiunix talking about a different game's alpha.

    ------------
    2020: 43 years on the Net.


  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,901
    olepi said:
    "You expected wrong then. Alpha is not supposed to be playable, it's suposed to be testable."  -- Babiunix talking about a different game's alpha.
    Any other games alpha you mean... Strange right? 
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 437



    Tiller said:



    foxgirl said:


    This guy happened on the perfect scheme of making a game of promises and then selling it to gullible people.






    Yeah but the gullible people think it's all part of a master plan somehow. One thing that will always remain true is there is always going to be charlatans to take advantage of peoples passion over something and gain a large following in the process. People you think are reasonable become absolute imbeciles about things they want to believe in, even if the opposite of their truth is staring them in the face.


    Roberts probably half believes those ruses himself.  Feynman says the first principle is not to fool yourself, because you're the easiest person to fool.  A friend who worked at Origin said of Roberts, "He believes everything he says, regardless of its relationship to reality."



    The number of guys around knowing a friend, a relative or who have worked with CR is impressive... tell him to write his story on glassdoor, that where are the funnier ones.
    One from an "ex'-employee": 'CR forced me to carry him on my back between different meeting room location!" lol
  • jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 141
    JoeBlober said:



    Tiller said:



    foxgirl said:


    This guy happened on the perfect scheme of making a game of promises and then selling it to gullible people.






    Yeah but the gullible people think it's all part of a master plan somehow. One thing that will always remain true is there is always going to be charlatans to take advantage of peoples passion over something and gain a large following in the process. People you think are reasonable become absolute imbeciles about things they want to believe in, even if the opposite of their truth is staring them in the face.


    Roberts probably half believes those ruses himself.  Feynman says the first principle is not to fool yourself, because you're the easiest person to fool.  A friend who worked at Origin said of Roberts, "He believes everything he says, regardless of its relationship to reality."



    The number of guys around knowing a friend, a relative or who have worked with CR is impressive... tell him to write his story on glassdoor, that where are the funnier ones.
    One from an "ex'-employee": 'CR forced me to carry him on my back between different meeting room location!" lol
    Man you had to go past many other StarShitizen insults to try to defend against this? Nothing on the more recent insult of delaying a roadmap of a roadmap? Times must be getting rough for true believers. I want to hear your opinion on the delayed roadmap.
  • olepiolepi Member RarePosts: 1,404
    Babuinix said:
    olepi said:
    "You expected wrong then. Alpha is not supposed to be playable, it's suposed to be testable."  -- Babiunix talking about a different game's alpha.
    Any other games alpha you mean... Strange right? 

    It does seem odd that *this* game is different than all other games, somehow. It's still in alpha, which you say is not supposed to be in a playable state. But people still claim to be playing Star Citizen, even though alphas aren't playable.

    Weird.
    Babuinix

    ------------
    2020: 43 years on the Net.


  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,901
    olepi said:
    It does seem odd that *this* game is different than all other games, somehow. It's still in alpha, which you say is not supposed to be in a playable state. But people still claim to be playing Star Citizen, even though alphas aren't playable.

    Weird.
    Babuinix said:
    olepi said:
    "You expected wrong then. Alpha is not supposed to be playable, it's suposed to be testable."

    That's the problem with Star Citizen. It is in alpha, and yet many people claim to be playing a game.
    Well that's because IT Is a Game! A game in alpha it's still a Game! Just in a stage of development where things like FUN, Polishing, Balance, Performance aren't a bigger priority than implementing features and testing how they work is.

    Not because those things aren't important, because they are, but because due to the nature of how these kind of games work (with many systems overlaping and affecting each other) it's unproductive to do them during alpha where things can change all the time. That's why it's left to do in the Beta Stage where games are feature complete and there's no more pieces of the puzzle to build.

    People who understand this and adjust their expectations can and have been having fun in many games in alpha stage because despite of bugs or bad performance there's still glimpses of gameplay and fun to be had.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member RarePosts: 4,418
    edited August 1
    Babuinix said:
    jmlane223 said:
    [mod edit]
    [mod edit]



    Still avoiding the issue of the day.  Are you physically incapable of admitting that 8 months to make a roadmap for a roadmap is absurd?  Are you incapable of admitting that they lied and in fact won't treat supporters like they would treat a publisher?
    Post edited by Vaross on
    mmoloubotrytis
  • jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Babuinix said:
    jmlane223 said:
    [mod edit]
    [mod edit]



    Still avoiding the issue of the day.  Are you physically incapable of admitting that 8 months to make a roadmap for a roadmap is absurd?  Are you incapable of admitting that they lied and in fact won't treat supporters like they would treat a publisher?
    No, they will avoid going into the roadmap of a roadmap laughable delay because it would start peeling back that curtain.
    Beholder2kbotrytis
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member RarePosts: 4,418
    edited August 2
    jmlane223 said:
    Babuinix said:
    jmlane223 said:
    [mod edit]
    [mod edit]



    Still avoiding the issue of the day.  Are you physically incapable of admitting that 8 months to make a roadmap for a roadmap is absurd?  Are you incapable of admitting that they lied and in fact won't treat supporters like they would treat a publisher?
    No, they will avoid going into the roadmap of a roadmap laughable delay because it would start peeling back that curtain.

    It's sad that some are unable to admit the bigger blunders and issues with the project.  Blind faith is a dangerous thing.  It's hard to respect people that can't be open and honest about even small things like a game.

    PS: I'm not sure that what he said was bannable but ok.  I guess it happens to him regularly.
    mmoloubotrytisnewbismxTiller
  • Beholder2kBeholder2k Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Backers:  We just want an update on the development status of SQ42, i.e. is beta in Q3 still a thing (lol).

    CIG: Since this is the most open development ever we have no problem letting you know! In fact we came up with a plan to make this the BWWLYK (Best We Will Let You Know) ever.

    Stage 1 - Announce a video with updates for SQ42
    Stage 2 - Let two month pass without even a single word about the beta
    Stage 3 - State that the update video was really meant to be a whole video series about SQ42 updates (gYuS wE ToTaLlY hInTeD aT tHiS!) but it didn't meet the quality standards established with Elevator-Tec, Wind-Make-Big-Ship-Go-Whoosh-Tec and AI-T-Posing-Tec
    Stage 4 - TADA! Announce the road map to the road map with multiple stages each requiring several weeks (!!!) inbetween!

    Backers: But what about the beta in Q3?

    CIG: SeE? tOtAlLy OpEn DeVeLoPmEnT gUyS!
    jmlane223mmoloubotrytisFrodoFragins
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,741
    edited August 2
    Babuinix said:
    Instead of asking why people still give Star Citizen money they should be asking why no other studio was able to release something better. For some not so odd reason Star Citizen alpha keeps getting updates and being played by more and more players and they keep breaking funding records every year. No competition whatsoever, kinda. 
    No Man's Sky and Elite Dangerous are better games than SC. It's not hard to be better when the competition is just delays and ship sales. SC claim to fame is how much "funding" it has...not the actual game. 

    You're right, no competition because SC isn't a finished game. Elite Dangerous is about to add all the core features of SC. NMS passed SC long ago, and all SC is doing is adding a beta roadmap of alpha roadmap followed by a ship sale. Add more bugs and call it Alpha x.x.x or whatever it is.

    Give us money.
    Post edited by klash2def on
    jmlane223mmolouBeansnBreadbotrytisTillerKyleranFrodoFragins
    "PSA: We live in a multicultural world. Nobody is "forcing" diversity. Earth is already Diverse."

    "Everything that happens is a political act, and the only people that get to pretend otherwise are those privileged enough to not have politics impact them at all." ~Taliesin

    "What does it mean to be human? In a time when people's humanity is perennially called into question?"
    - Dr. Cornell West
     
    Currently: Games Audio Engineer
    You've heard what I've heard


  • YiumdanoeYiumdanoe Member UncommonPosts: 8
    We are delaying the game to see if we can milk some more money out of sheep still paying for this vaporware
    botrytisKyleran
Sign In or Register to comment.