Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Magic: Legends Announces the Sanctifier Class

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageMagic: Legends Announces the Sanctifier Class

Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment have released details on one more of the five Planeswalker classes that will be available at the launch of Magic: Legends, the Sanctifier. This support class is inspired by the radiance of the sun, and is meant to be associated with Magic: The Gathering's white mana.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    "The Sanctifier is a ranges class" I'm gonna assume ranges is supposed to be ranged?
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    How about throwing away that staff and punching people in the goddamn face? Turn this shit into a monk!
    Hariken
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The game sound interesting but PWE gives me pause. They pretty much killed Torchlight 3.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Hariken said:
    The game sound interesting but PWE gives me pause. They pretty much killed Torchlight 3.
    All PWE games have the same effect on me. I loved PWI, Forsaken World, and especially Swordsman up until about level 40. And then they become downright insufferable grinds.
    Allwynd_01
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    sanctifier = white card...
  • Allwynd_01Allwynd_01 Member UncommonPosts: 193

Aeander said:

Hariken said:

All PWE games have the same effect on me. I loved PWI, Forsaken World, and especially Swordsman up until about level 40. And then they become downright insufferable grinds.

That's because most of the PWE games are Asian games aimed at an Asian audience. Except their newer games like NWO and STO, which are by Western developers and are more played in the West than in Asia.

Remember back in 2010-2011 when Forsaken World was being announced and they were advertising it as "Developed with Western gamers in mind", which essentially boiled down to copying the visual style and gameplay of WoW a little bit and call it "developed for Western gamers", when in fact everything else felt like a typical Asian MMO made by PWE, in no way different from their other PWE games like PW, JD, HoTK, etc.

Their games are really nice (in the beginning), in the first 20 levels or so - the graphics are nice, the music is exceptional, the gameplay and premise is OK, the way each zone or city looks is nice, but around level 20 or 30, the grind starts and that's how the game is until the end.

I never really played Perfect World past level 10 back in the day and a few months ago I fired it up on a private server to experience how the game was in 2008 and let me tell you, the grind in PW starts at level 10 and it's already unbearable, by level 20 I didn't want to hear about this game anymore, I already hated it so much. Then I went to the starting areas of other races like Elves or Untamed and what do I see? The exact same monsters from the Human zone, in the exact same order... there was literally no effort on their part to at least make every starting zone its own thing. The walk speed is super slow and the game is urging you to get a flying mount, but that's super expensive and a massive grind.

Then there was Jade Dynasty with the exact same grind - by level 20 you're acquiring quests to kill like 30 monsters, but after you finish the quest, you get a second quest that's to collect 20 items from the same monsters and as it doesn't drop each time, you have to kill at least 40-50 of them, and what's worse is that you don't get the two quests at the same time so you can do them together, you get them ONE AFTER ANOTHER, from the same quest giver so that you waste more of your time.

I also remember in Heroes of Three Kingdoms how slow the mount was - it was literally sliding its legs on the ground, because the animation of the horse was intended for a faster speed, yet they intentionally slowed the horse down so they will have you later on try to grind for a faster mount. And the first mount, which you could get at level 20 or 30, was a grind to get - you had to grind mobs to get reagents that you will later use to try and RNG-craft a saddle for the horse quest... It was just abysmal.

In Forsaken world, everything was OK until level 30, then you go to the zone Sea of Oblivion and you have to grind the most painstaking 10 levels, I managed to reach level 39, just a little before level 40 and move to the next zone, but I couldn't take it anymore and quit the game, that was back in Summer 2011 when the game initially launched. Later on I checked the game and saw that they ruined it completely - all the starting zones were replaced by one new, ugly starting zone from level 1 to level 30 or 40... a huge joke.

That's how PWE games are - they get you excited and suck you in and after playing for a day or two you realize how impossible and a time-sink they are.