Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest 2 Patch Notes Bring Changes to Overseer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageEverQuest 2 Patch Notes Bring Changes to Overseer

Live Events, Overseer, and more are touched on in the latest patch for EverQuest II.

Read the full story here

Comments

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    I'm amazed this game is still alive and kicking.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    If Daybreak had any sense about the business side of this,i feel they actually could insert a lot of players.

How is this done?Well yet again look at FFXI the leader ,always was and always will go down as the innovator in mmorpg's.

Instead of one merc why not allow players to form a group with 5 other mercs or maybe 3-4 more?If they feel the need put it in their cash shop and make some money doing it and getting more customers.This game is designed to group,there are not enough players to group.

So the design that was at one time really good is no longer viable and has been this way a very long time,why has nobody within DBG including old SOE staff come up with ANY answers,are they all that dumb?
    I am 100% positive i can think of other ways to get players into this game but you know they only do this for a living,you'd think they could come up with something.Then again,i constantly see a lack of effort making the games why would i think people are willing to put in some effort anywhere else?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I've actually been wanting to try EQ2 live servers.. the newer expansion looks interesting. Does anyone think its worth it to try again? I played a TLE server years ago but couldnt stand the noobie zones lol
  • tasburathtasburath Member UncommonPosts: 47

bgzgamer said:

I've actually been wanting to try EQ2 live servers.. the newer expansion looks interesting. Does anyone think its worth it to try again? I played a TLE server years ago but couldnt stand the noobie zones lol

I wouldn't bother. Having played it for several years at launch and then again for a few months recently I can tell you that the game is a hollow shell of it's former self. On top of that, you aren't going to upgrade your abilities to new spell tiers at a reasonable pace without spending a bunch of money in their cash shop.

If you go over to their official discord channel you can see the constant bugs and broken content players complain about quite a bit. They were having server crashes quite a bit as well but don't know if they have resolved it.

It's sad, really. EQ2 was one of my all-time favorite MMOs.
    Valdheim
  • JoEmilyJoEmily Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Let's say for sake of argument EQ is the GOAT. How friggin' sad is this genre that a newer, better GOAT couldn't be made in the over two decades since EQ's release? shell shockers

• ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614

tasburath said:

bgzgamer said:

I wouldn't bother. Having played it for several years at launch and then again for a few months recently I can tell you that the game is a hollow shell of it's former self. On top of that, you aren't going to upgrade your abilities to new spell tiers at a reasonable pace without spending a bunch of money in their cash shop.

If you go over to their official discord channel you can see the constant bugs and broken content players complain about quite a bit. They were having server crashes quite a bit as well but don't know if they have resolved it.

It's sad, really. EQ2 was one of my all-time favorite MMOs.

It makes me so sad. I also tried to return and was shocked how much they ruined the game. The worst thing, other then the obvious cash shop crap, is the change with stats they did, killing everything that was special about items back in the day.

I tried the latest TLE and was totally disappointed because it was not even close to the original experience as they kept changes from the live version like the aforementioned new stat system and removed all the starting zone quests.

If they'd ever do a true classic EQ2 server I'd be back in the blink of an eye but given the fact that they have like only 1 or 2 devs left for the EQ2 'maintenance' I doubt this will ever happen :-(
  • tasburathtasburath Member UncommonPosts: 47

It makes me so sad. I also tried to return and was shocked how much they ruined the game. The worst thing, other then the obvious cash shop crap, is the change with stats they did, killing everything that was special about items back in the day.

Not only did they change stats, they didn't even bother to remove stats that were no longer meaningful in any way.
    Valdheim