Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World - Players Invited for Density Testing Starting July 30th, Preview Forthcoming

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageNew World - Players Invited for Density Testing Starting July 30th, Preview Forthcoming

Amazon Game Studios is allowing players who have pre-ordered prior to July 26th or alpha tested, into a density test that begins July 30th. The test is aiming to stress the servers for an upcoming New World Preview.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    New World, you are my density... er, ah.... destiny.
    [Deleted User]ScotTacticalZombeh

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 565
    So... If I participate, will I get the 'Dense' title for my character?

Iselin[Deleted User]bcbully[Deleted User]Psym0nTacticalZombeh
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    For participating you gain the title "... Of the Sardine Can."

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This seems weird and way too early.You would do the test when you are ready to release the game so the timing is just way off.I thought this was delayed until next year to add more to the game?

Part of the issue i had was the world looked empty,so i assume they are not going to change that sadly.
    This might also tell me that whatever they are doing to upgrade the game is going to be very little,likely instance work and maybe some added stat ideas.Is this whole delay thing a smokescreen,they are just moving people to other projects and waiting their time for a better more lucrative release date?
    Like all the people who test this are going to know if anything is done for the release next year.

"SELECT"beta sign ups will be in,so if your name is Asmongold,Pewdee pie or a website your in,everyone else,forget it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    I might give the game a try again if they ever figure out what they want the game to be. During the tests nothing really stood out about this game. It seemed like a poor survival game that had lots of people on the server. The combat felt average at best. Maybe the game just isnt for me, but when I play survival games likes, Ark, Wurm Online, ect. part of what draws me in is the finding a place of my own in the world out away from the masses. Can't do in that in a MMO Scale Survival game.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    This game is out of my mind till 2021 at the earliest, even then it's gone down the pecking order.
    NanfoodleTokken
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Alomar said:
    This game is out of my mind till 2021 at the earliest, even then it's gone down the pecking order.
    Ya I'm not looking at this till Amazon Studio starts telling us about what content they have added. Sad that a gaming going into Alpha has more content. Backed both Pantheon and Ashes and I have watched many dungeon crawls on both games. 
    YashaX
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Testing the density of the players is always a good idea......
    Nitro-1
  • PrisonerZer0PrisonerZer0 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    I got everything set up for the stress test.
    SovrathKaliGold
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    I got everything set up for the stress test.
    Welcome to the forums
    Scot

• RennisaRennisa Member UncommonPosts: 49

Amathe said:

For participating you gain the title "... Of the Sardine Can."

Still beats the "I Survived Sausage Lake" shirt that I have from Mortal Online.
    [Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Except this is only a test of meaningless proportions,this no way compares to say a mad rush of maybe even 2 million players all trying to play.

If they have any issues with maybe 100/200-300 they should fire their networking team right now.Like how many players is this going to be,they could test this on 2 server machines?

It seems like this is actually just your typical everyday pre order push ,you know we've seen this before,BUY NOW and you can beta test....umm yeah ok.
    I have seen sooooooooooo much advertising on the internet i can usually spot it right away but this didn't really strike me as that except nothing else makes any sense,the timing of this especially is questionable.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    the densest known material is the metallic element osmium, which packs 22 grams into 1 cubic centimetre

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507

Wizardry said:

Except this is only a test of meaningless proportions,this no way compares to say a mad rush of maybe even 2 million players all trying to play.

If they have any issues with maybe 100/200-300 they should fire their networking team right now.Like how many players is this going to be,they could test this on 2 server machines?

It seems like this is actually just your typical everyday pre order push ,you know we've seen this before,BUY NOW and you can beta test....umm yeah ok.
    I have seen sooooooooooo much advertising on the internet i can usually spot it right away but this didn't really strike me as that except nothing else makes any sense,the timing of this especially is questionable.

what on earth are you on about mate?

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,815
    I'll be glad to help test, but I am not going to pay to play an alpha or beta build.

It seems that the new business model is to stay in perpetual alpha or beta, and charge for it.
    YashaX

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Wizardry said:

Mmos use more than one machine. If you know the limits of one, you can get a decent idea for the limits of more. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Weird timing for this event unless they're thinking of going more open world than instanced in their latest change of direction and delay.

You usually want to do these server load tests at the end of beta just before release, not when you just pushed back the release date by 9 months. Very weird timing.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225
    The stress test is disappointing, I have given up for now. The goals for the day are

- Day 1: July 30, starting at 2PM PT – Complete the tutorial and reach a settlement

It has been impossible to complete the tutorial or get more than 1 minute into it without it "detecting lag" and then resetting me to the beginning of the tutorial. The look is great although character creating options need a few more choices but right now it's unplayable and I don't mean that I expect a full game experience but after 15+ runs trying to get through the tutorial and never able to last more than 5 minutes before it resets me, there's nothing to say except they need ore stability just to achieve the stated daily goal.
    Dakeru
    The stress test is disappointing, I have given up for now. The goals for the day are

- Day 1: July 30, starting at 2PM PT – Complete the tutorial and reach a settlement

It has been impossible to complete the tutorial or get more than 1 minute into it without it "detecting lag" and then resetting me to the beginning of the tutorial. The look is great although character creating options need a few more choices but right now it's unplayable and I don't mean that I expect a full game experience but after 15+ runs trying to get through the tutorial and never able to last more than 5 minutes before it resets me, there's nothing to say except they need ore stability just to achieve the stated daily goal.
    I guess... mission accomplished? They wanted to test the density.. er eh.. I guess server load. So they win, but everyone hoping to play, such as yourself, loses. 

edited July 2020

I guess... mission accomplished? They wanted to test the density.. er eh.. I guess server load. So they win, but everyone hoping to play, such as yourself, loses. 

Well I was hoping to play to help them test it out not just to get a free sample. It's just frustrating not to be able to achieve the limited goals they set. Hopefully some people are!

Let me log back in and see if I can at least grab a screen shot, it looks good. image

Well I was hoping to play to help them test it out not just to get a free sample. It's just frustrating not to be able to achieve the limited goals they set. Hopefully some people are!

Let me log back in and see if I can at least grab a screen shot, it looks good.
    You're either a trooper or a masochist. I guess let us know how it goes haha. Since they are doing an expanded play test pretty soon for a ton of more people, getting things hammered out now is their best bet. I hope they are able to. 
    Aliantha_Angel

edited July 2020
    newworld1 newworld2
    maskedweasel[Deleted User]

I made them a tad smaller than they actually formatted as, wasn't sure if they would be too big
    newworld3
    edited July 2020

You're either a trooper or a masochist. I guess let us know how it goes haha. Since they are doing an expanded play test pretty soon for a ton of more people, getting things hammered out now is their best bet. I hope they are able to. 

Maybe both! I want to see this title succeed so willing to give a little of my time to help them work out the kinks! I posted a couple of screen shots but they seem to have vanished, perhaps the images aren't acceptable during the stress test, I meant no offense if that's the issue.