Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Netflix Crossover Event Coming July 29th

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,115

Comments

  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,765
    But how are they going to fit all of that p2w in a netflix show?
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,180
    This looks really fun. Has anyone played it? What did you think?

    Even if it sucks, I like the cross over idea and hope to see one in a game I play someday.

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,033
    It's 20 quests or so. It's a typical BDO quest line. Mostly offering mid range CP for anyone level 53 and up. I'd say it has more potential for future lore content than was afforded in this event. BDO was handed an opportunity and did the best they could with it.

    Knowing the trend, I prefer this over another copy and paste, trash level Browser game that usually follows a TV show with a future.
  • remsleepremsleep Member RarePosts: 513
    Amathe said:
    This looks really fun. Has anyone played it? What did you think?

    Even if it sucks, I like the cross over idea and hope to see one in a game I play someday.

    Crossover has been done in a few games before but it's always been pretty poorly done.

    It has never been done well because crossover so far has always been driven by marketing and cross promotion, the sole purpose being to expose the product to new audiences to increase sell.

    If the cross play idea was born out of improving game play instead - it would probably be a lot better.

    Right now it feels like tacked on superficial content- because it was basically driven by marketing guys going to the devs and saying "add some quests - we doing cross marketing with Cursed".

    End result - meh
    SovrathAzaron_Nightblade
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,342
    remsleep said:
    Amathe said:
    This looks really fun. Has anyone played it? What did you think?

    Even if it sucks, I like the cross over idea and hope to see one in a game I play someday.

    Crossover has been done in a few games before but it's always been pretty poorly done.

    It has never been done well because crossover so far has always been driven by marketing and cross promotion, the sole purpose being to expose the product to new audiences to increase sell.

    If the cross play idea was born out of improving game play instead - it would probably be a lot better.

    Right now it feels like tacked on superficial content- because it was basically driven by marketing guys going to the devs and saying "add some quests - we doing cross marketing with Cursed".

    End result - meh

    well said Kano
  • remsleepremsleep Member RarePosts: 513
    edited August 9
    Scorchien said:
    remsleep said:
    Amathe said:
    This looks really fun. Has anyone played it? What did you think?

    Even if it sucks, I like the cross over idea and hope to see one in a game I play someday.

    Crossover has been done in a few games before but it's always been pretty poorly done.

    It has never been done well because crossover so far has always been driven by marketing and cross promotion, the sole purpose being to expose the product to new audiences to increase sell.

    If the cross play idea was born out of improving game play instead - it would probably be a lot better.

    Right now it feels like tacked on superficial content- because it was basically driven by marketing guys going to the devs and saying "add some quests - we doing cross marketing with Cursed".

    End result - meh

    well said remsleep 

    Fixed
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,823
    edited August 10
    It was okay. Not as good as the crossovers that FFXIV has done, with exclusive rewards to get and unique bosses to fight, but alright if you enjoy BDO's lore and the show.

    It was amusing to see the corrupt red paladins from the show teaming up with the equally corrupt church from BDO's world. The show and game have some locations that are almost perfect copies of each other, which was cool to see too if you're familiar with both of them.

    (Northern Wheat Plantation in game, and one of the places that Nimue visits in the show are almost identical. And there is a castle that looks very close to BDO's Cron castle in Cursed as well :D )
    Post edited by Azaron_Nightblade on

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 7,048
    Season 1 of Cursed was actually pretty horrendous. The acting was subpar at best and the story and direction was actually even worse than the acting. At least NetFlix didn't screw up The Witcher series, thank goodness. 

Sign In or Register to comment.