Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official forums moderation is truly absurd

Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,052
People were complaining about snipe in pvp and I simply posted "All I know is Stamcros and you guys are crying about Snipe lol." and got a 72 hour suspension lol. What the actual f***?
Make MMORPG's Great Again!
[Deleted User]

Comments

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Here here. I only post on official forums for builds and that sort of thing.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Many sites will let you talk about an issue but won't let you personalize to a specific poster/player. That's probably what happened. 
    KyleranMendelUngood[Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    To me that sound like good moderation. People should be able to complain about the game's faults without rabid fans descending on them and shouting them down as crybabies.

Also it was just a suspension so you'll get to think about your behavior but then come back.
    Viper482YashaX

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It's a heavily moderated forum. It wasn't the first year but it has been that way since 2015 or so.

They got rid of the LOL button years ago and if you get around that by loling in your comments sarcastically about something someone else said, yeah they'll either edit that out and give you a warning or ban you.

I wish the game chat was half as well moderated as the forums are.
    Mendel[Deleted User]Kyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited February 2021
    Lonesols said:
    Sounds close to steam forums, they are all bad even this one :) People any more are so weak minded, they literally cant stop them selves from reading something they dont want to, and need a moderator to come stop it for them.  

Even though every forum I ever been on has a block and ignore button lol. I honestly dont know how any one even functions outside any more where there isn't a moderator running to their aid every 3 seconds. 

If i read something i dont want to read, i just stop reading it lol. If some one in public is talking to me and i dont want to talk to them i ignore them. There is no one holding you down going READ MY WORDS OR IM GONNA KILL YOU haha. 

Thats just me though, i do not give 1 iota of a crap what random people type on the internet, even the most foulest nasty things imaginable, I wouldnt want them to be banned. 

Then again though I am not weak minded ;)
    It just boils down to people who've been taught that their every belief and opinion is precious and sacred. That it's "their Truth", and any disagreement is a personal attack. They've never been taught to accept - much less consider - that others will have different opinions.. and that it's perfectly okay.

A favorite quote of mine lately...

"People don't want to hear your opinion. They want to hear their opinion coming out of your mouth."
    KyleranUngood[Deleted User]Brainy