Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Ark kills the gender lock and preps for global release

2»

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,551
    Gender lock doesn't bother me one iota in video games...its not like we are cross dressing and playing a woman in real life.
  • BuzzingLight22BuzzingLight22 Newbie CommonPosts: 7
    Seems cool. pretty excited to see what's next.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,428
    edited July 28
    Tiller said:
     Diablo 1-2 had gender lock and no one complained ever; and no one cared because they were fun games. 

I mostly didnt care because after playing it once it had zero replayability and frankly the first round had already been boring.

D2 was one of those games that many people play and personally I just dont understand why they bother. The game gave me no reason why I would want to play.

P.s.: Oh and I have no clue why anyone would mention D2 in a MMO context in the first place. Nobody ever claimed it was a MMO.
    Please set a sig so I can read your posting even if somebody "agreed" etc with it. Thanks.
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,834
    When I was playing Path of Exile I was pissed I could not play a female for every class but I got over it. Generally gender locks are not enough to prevent me from playing a game but I guess it bothers some folk enough to make that an issue.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,722
    kitarad said:
    When I was playing Path of Exile I was pissed I could not play a female for every class but I got over it. Generally gender locks are not enough to prevent me from playing a game but I guess it bothers some folk enough to make that an issue.
    And I was the opposite. I really want to play male sorceror, ranger, and scion, but can't.

It's one of my issues with PoE. The other being that it's early game blows. I can't play hardcore in PoE anymore, because the idea of suddenly starting over and having to experience its first few hours again kills me.