Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArenaNet Provides Update on Guild Wars 2 WvW Performance Testing

2»

Comments

• psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    The fact this game is one of the best free models out there is a huge plus.  It allows me to recommend the game for several others to try.  I got a few of my friends into the game over this pandemic and now they formed a guild and are going strong in game.  I was surprised to see such a healthy population a few weeks ago when I logged in.
  • Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    8 years in and they're doing this now?

Talk about some messed up priorities.

What good is performance in a dead/elitist game mode if the engine is crap?

Honestly. This is about 6 years late already.

Games trash. Living story is trash. PvP is trash. Endgame is trash. This game has nothing to offer other than a mindlessly easy romp to max level.
  • ramingarramingar Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Didn't anyone realize that article said the cap is actually 28 players per team and that's simply not true? The fact is, cap was never 28 because only two small guilds overpass that limit... So... do Arenanet truly knows how it works its game??
  • ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140
    I am delighted to have sparked such a deep discussion with my comment.

My point still stands, as the game with it's brilliance in some areas, has a shitload of wasted potential and missed opportunities in terms of visions, some game structures and many little details that break the immersion. GW2 is a great game that could actually be several times better if ANet could take some risk and maybe invest more resources in overhauling the areas people complain about the most. Recycling old/poor textures would be somewhere down on this list, because I'm getting a stroke every time I pass some lazily done buildings or 2D sprites immitating 3D models. But as it was mentioned - WvW was basically abandoned, sPvP is a hollow place for doing dailies, new content keeps the sleigh going forward and introducing new rewards as a content is basically taking third of the trailer time. I wish this game the best, but I doubt even 3rd expansion will be a game-changer, other than making new big area and some new content.

Without upgrading the engine to the modern possibilities it is just recycling the player's attachment to the game and steadily killing it's potential year by year until a new game that does it better appears.
  • doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    botrytis said:
    doomex said:
    Wish they would update their damn engine just like wow did, to work well on multicore.
    WOW is not multicore either - they just put more stuff on the servers. GW2 relies more on the server and PC connection, hence why the PING that is reported in game is actually the connect to the game server and back not just one way. So, connection issues can hamper GW2 - I remember about 9 months ago there was a router between me and the game server dropping packets like mad. It affected play. I had to show the ISP proof it was them and not me or the game.

Well, when you have as many people as WOW, that can happen, A.Net is small maybe 200-250 employees. Blizzard North is 4700.
    Then tell me why in wow on dx9 i get 35fps in big towns and on dx11new/dx12 i get over 60fps