Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout Itch

ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
   So having an itch to play a Fallout game , only 2 i havent played are Fallout 4 and FO76 , so folks who have played both , Which is more fun ..

And yes i realize 1 is single player and 1 is Multi ...

But still curious on which is more fun / immersive ..

Thx for any input

Comments

• harken33harken33 Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Lol i got that itch about 2 weeks ago and started playing Fallout 4 again.

I have played Fallout4 for a few hundred hours over the last few years but your mileage may vary. If you get into the settlement building aspect you can really lose time and get sidetracked but it adds an interesting purpose to all the junk you break down to use as building components.

There is plenty to explore if you just want to pick a direction and go if that is your preference and a huge amount of sidequests / goodies / companions to collect. They have also finished with all the extra DLC so you can probably pick up the game plus all DLC's for a deal somewhere.

As for Fallout 76 i have played that for less than 2 hours when it first came out and returned it. I am sure it is much better now and every time i see Kyleran talking about it i try and gain some interest but i just cant seem too. I have tried watching some twitch streams to get interested but it has the opposite effect when i watched guys in power armor with miniguns hopping around like they are running through trampoline land.

I will try it again eventually  since we probably have until 2025-2028 before Fallout 5 based on Bethesda's general production schedule.
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Fallout 4 is probably your best bet.  I saw the complete edition on Slickdeals for like 8 dollars.  Having said that if you hace Xbox gamepass then you can olay 76 right now you just need to download 75GB on your windows drive to play it.
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Fallout 4 is easily worth the play through, which in turn makes it well worth the money. I have multiple hundreds of hours into that game.

I downloaded fallout 76 recently because I was kind of like you. I wanted to play something fallout and was burned out of other fallout games. It was fun for a bit, but became stale rather quickly. Still, it was fun for a bit.

Biggest tip I can give for any fallout 76 player (New solo). U do not have to be max level to join any event. U also do not need to be grouped to get credit for kills. I would join level 40+ events on my level 10 and just tap all the creatures and let the high levels kill them for exp.  This works for legendary creatures too for the leg items.  Just make sure you stay hidden and avoid aggro. Most of these places with events have spots where you can sit on roofs/furniture/environment and never take aggro while you hit each creature once to get xp/loot credit.  There does seem to be a mechanic in place where you have to do a certain amount of damage to leg creatures to get the loot, but it isn't much.  Just hit those multiple times, not just once.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Each game has it's strengths and you won't go wrong with either one IMO.

FO4 for low cost, tons of content and lots of Mods available.

FO76 let's lets you interact with others, in fact the latest seasons expansion encourages more socialization than ever, 

Azaron_Nightblade

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    With the recent update, Lone Wanderer has become a useless perk. Since the update with public teams, I strictly run in groups for the bonuses. It's really easy to join teams now.
    After a few months of unresponsive monsters, they are starting to move now and actually attack things that aren't the player. 

Even though most of Fallout 76 content is through holotapes, the story telling is a bit better than in Fallout 4 not including the expansions. 
  • DarkLight1337DarkLight1337 Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    If you are looking for a single player I would rather recommend Fallout 4. It is now a bit older and therefore cheaper to buy. Nevertheless, it offers you several hundred hours of content and doesn't get boring even after several hours. In addition, the story is very exciting and varied.

If you want to play with friends more, then I would recommend Fallout 76, as it gives you the opportunity to play / communicate with other players.
    Iselin
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Which did you end up playing ?