Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Launch Delayed till Spring 2021

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
Launch delayed to Spring 2021, full game beta/demo August 25th for pre-order/beta players.

With our August 25th launch approaching, we have been scrutinizing our feature list, taking input from our Alpha audience, and listening to what they enjoyed (or didn’t!) about the current game. We're incredibly grateful for all of the support and suggestions from our Alpha players, ranging from the folks who spent thousands of hours in New World to those who just sampled -- it's all valuable.​
I’m proud of the hard work the team has done, making the game ready for launch with the features we intended for release. We also have a list of features that we planned to start working on once we were in live development, as that is part of operating an MMO. When we examined the feedback we received over the last several months from our Alpha audience, we saw that players like the game, and they would like to see even more of it. In particular, we want to ensure that the most dedicated players have plenty of middle and endgame experiences as they venture through Aeternum. We want our players to feel completely immersed in the game, and know that our studio stands for quality and lasting gameplay you can trust — and that means added time to get things where we want them before we fully release.​
As a result, we will be changing our launch date - and correspondingly, our final beta test - to spring 2021. We don't make the decision lightly, and we have urgency about getting the game to you as quickly as possible at the best quality -- with some additions that will make the experience even better.​
We’re passionate about the game we’ve been making and want to add more features and content before we share it with a wider audience. As a thank you to our community, we will be providing a special opportunity for our Beta sign-up and pre-order customers (plus our Alpha testers, thank you!) to play the full game of New World - in its current state, for a limited period of time starting on August 25th. We will send an email directly to those customers detailing the process to participate. We’re confident that you’ll feel that the game has as much promise as we do, and will understand why we want to take the extra time to make this experience the best it can be at release.​
Amathe

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Thanks for the news. Can't say I am shocked.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2020
    Well i was overly critical of Amazon and this game and imo ALL their games,this is a wise move.
    So it appears that in recent months they have turned a new leaf and understand that they can't fail game after game and remain in business as a game developer.

So what i took from the one interview is they stated they are putting more love towards the PVE players than the PVP players.Well the term "MORE"is only relative from one to the other but doesn't really say how much effort that actually is.

So i drew up in simple terms,leaving out fluff or very minute parts of the game and what was i left with?
    Well PVP is sieges+crafting
            Pve is Arena+crafting

That is pretty much IT,that is all folks.I mentioned in the other thread...is that enough for either side because to me it is not.

One thing i caught an eye on the very first video was that the world looks empty dead.I would go so far as to say that just maybe mobs are phased in and not much of a persistent world.

So what can they offer pvp players?More options obviously,so i suspect 2-3 more MODES and don't feel like speculating what they will be right now.

What can they offer PVE players?Well this i will speculate,more mobs in the world and likely some mundane quests,more of a treadmill experience.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited July 2020
    Hahahahahah they knew they made a boring game by destroying the PvP. 50 mill mistake
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ShaniaRebornShaniaReborn Member UncommonPosts: 54
    bcbully said:
    Hahahahahah they knew they made a boring game by destroying the PvP. 50 mill mistake
    Creating more content for endgame users is hardly an admission to "destroying the PvP".  This is what happens when you make the same mistake Turbine did over a decade ago.  I'll let you do the research to see if you can figure that out.  Cry as you might, but full loot pvp open world game will only ever be niche in the MMORPG market place.
    remsleep said:
    bcbully said:

Even worse - now they realize that they can't even make a good PvE game either without massive redesign and effort.

They'd be better off just starting from scratch - but they won't do that, as they'll just keep trying to retrofit a PvP game into PvE as they have been doing (and failing).

No matter how long they delay this, as long as they are trying to fit a square peg into  round hole.. gonna suck in the end.

IMHO, if it gets pushed again, New World will get cancelled.  Amazon Game Studios has a new shiny and the lion's share of Amazon's focus will now be on LOTR.
  • Foda_seFoda_se Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    This game smells like DOA. The last nail in the coffin of western MMORPG development.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Foda_se said:
    This game smells like DOA. The last nail in the coffin of western MMORPG development.
    Your statement would be true if they had launched as the game stands. Fact they went deep dive back into development for another 11 months. Speaking highly of a commitment to quality gaming. Amazon is a new studio and seem to be learning from their mistakes. 
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    They need 4+ years to make it into a mmorpg at least 1-2 years to add enough content for a pve survival game....hopefully in that time they realize that they would make alot more if they make a seperate pvp server.

MurderHerd

They need 4+ years to make it into a mmorpg at least 1-2 years to add enough content for a pve survival game....hopefully in that time they realize that they would make alot more if they make a seperate pvp server.
    Let's look at WoW for example.  Blizzard has already said that when the public knows about one expansion that is coming up, they are already working on the next expansion after that.   Expansions alone are a 3+ year development cycle.  Of course an MMOPRG is going to take 4+ years to develop.  Saying that, it should not take a company a decade to make a game either like Robert Industries has with Star Citizen.  Bottom line, I believe New World will be ready to rock coming May 2021.  
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Realistically, how will this 9-10 month delay manifest itself in the game?  I'd guess that's not enough time to add enough PvE content to make a real difference to the overall game.  We'll have to wait and see what AGS does.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Mendel said:
    Realistically, how will this 9-10 month delay manifest itself in the game?  I'd guess that's not enough time to add enough PvE content to make a real difference to the overall game.  We'll have to wait and see what AGS does.

Just like any project, the more money you chuck at it, the more you can get done in the same amount of time. Amazon has the money to do just that. So if we see them posting for more developers or hear wind of new developers joining the team. Then that 10 months will be more meaningful. If we dont, like you said, Im not sure how much good that will do them. Unless they already had something in the works for content they planned to launch in a year. Smart MMOs launch with content already being worked on for 3-6 and 12 months after launch. 
    Mendel
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Nanfoodle said:
    Mendel said:

Just like any project, the more money you chuck at it, the more you can get done in the same amount of time. Amazon has the money to do just that. So if we see them posting for more developers or hear wind of new developers joining the team. Then that 10 months will be more meaningful. If we dont, like you said, Im not sure how much good that will do them. Unless they already had something in the works for content they planned to launch in a year. Smart MMOs launch with content already being worked on for 3-6 and 12 months after launch. 

While I agree in the most part with your statement, I'm less certain that Amazon has the management that will "throw money at the problem".  I can't even be sure if Amazon sees this game as a problem.  I totally agree that any smart MMORPG will launch with content in the pipeline.  I just don't know if New World is being smart or not.  This delay, presumably to give some love to the PvE side of things, suggests that what's in the pipeline now will be in the launch version.  Beyond that, who knows?

Nanfoodle

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.