Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interested...

Bringer090Bringer090 Member Posts: 1

I've been reading about Shadowbane for quite a long time, it all SEEMS like the best game out there for me. I'm a hardcore true mmo gamer, who loves the political aspects, and strategy that sets aside the rookies from the vets. Though I've never found a single 3-D game interesting... and I've tried EQ, WoW, Priston Tale, Biosfear.. etc etc. It just seems 2-D games always offer more in a true gaming sense. I really couldn't careless about graphics.

Once I try SB, I will try it with 1 - 3 RL partners. Now, my question is.. Can anyone guide me on what to expect, the good and the bad? Is there anything I should know about trying it out with RL friends? Will we be seperated? Any good race/class combos for 2+ people playing with eachother, I.e... Healer + Fighter. Any tips you could offer? Should I be expecting a rather boring and frustrating newbie life? (Randomly PK'ed 24/7, difficulty with controls, finding areas, etc).

I guess what I'm looking for is an in-detailed review about technical issues, which I can find no where.

But a warning... if my RL friends and I stick with Shadowbane, watch out! We're pretty damn avid at owning every MMORPG server we invade ::::12::

Comments

• Edward78Edward78 Member Posts: 245

Pros

1. True open PvP

2. Your loot (not equiped) can be taken after death, or while alive by thieves.

3. You can build or siege a city.

4. If you own a merchant you can craft items there.

Cons.

1. Graphics could use some updating.

2. Travel is kind of slow (no mounts)

I would go to the website www.shadowbane.com & read about it.

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Pros-

1 Unique charachter build options with starting runes and skill runes. Makes for some interesting and viable classes.

2 Leveling is fast and you can get double xp on weekends--you can get powerleveled if your guild will help you out.

3 Having multiple high level toons. Some people I know have a pvp toon, a powerleveling toon(they can solo multiple mobs with ease) and a rune hunting toon(they run fast)

4 Running a shop in a guild is fun.

Cons

1 Barely anyone plays anymore

2 The only way your crafting is if you are in a guild that lets you run a shop or you own a shop.
    Purchasing a shop is pretty expensive.

3 While SB is FFA good luck trying to find people to pick a fight with. Not as many people as there used to be.

Hopefully the lore server will fix the pop. isue.

• Mikey0114Mikey0114 Member Posts: 310
    Whats so special about the Lore Server? What does it contain?

Originally posted by Mikey0114
    Whats so special about the Lore Server? What does it contain?

It has rules on races & classes that can join charters.