Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition Finally Has A PC Release Date, Coming August 7th

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageHorizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition Finally Has A PC Release Date, Coming August 7th

One of the biggest hits on the PlayStation 4 this generation, Horizon: Zero Dawn was announced to be coming to PC this summer. We now finally have a release date, with the open-world game hitting Steam and the Epic Games Store August 7th.

Read the full story here

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited July 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I hope the PC Port works. From my experience, most Console Games that made it to PC had terrible controls ect.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Great world, boring game.
    That's disappointing. I was hoping I mean big hope there considering this is an 'action' game I can try to play. Probably suck at it.
    Chamber of Chains
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Avanah said:
    I hope the PC Port works. From my experience, most Console Games that made it to PC had terrible controls ect.

taht depends most on the devs being lazy or not really, PC have a huge number of access and control,w ith a console is limited to his gamepad, most are too lazy to work on this
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• NecromaNecroma Member UncommonPosts: 45

cheyane said:

That's disappointing. I was hoping I mean big hope there considering this is an 'action' game I can try to play. Probably suck at it.

I still think it worth a play through for the world and lead character alone but I just really was bored after about 5 hours in. My wife lasted about 8 hours before saying the same. 
    Just wait for a deep discount. imo of course.  
    It reminded me of a better Recore? 
    Just ok

I personally loved the game, haven't felt like "forcing" to finish it, my gf on the other hand didn't even last 10hours before quitting, same with couple of my friends. Definitely worth picking up and at least trying, game won GOTY for a reason when there was some hard competition iirc.
    TacticalZombeh

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Horizon is one of my favorite games ever. Not really sure how you can say it is boring? I really enjoyed the story as well. You have multiple approaches to combat and there are a lot of side activities / challenges to complete. BOTW is tedious to me, but I like the game. I have not played persona 5 and only a bit of DS02. Those are not the type of games i usually play, but i know a lot of people who loved them.
    Celcius

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    From watching stills on the PC intro video, it looks like the port has been pretty professionally done.  Saw all the things I generally want to fiddle with on a game.
    CelciusValdheim

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    cheyane said:
    I still think it worth a play through for the world and lead character alone but I just really was bored after about 5 hours in. My wife lasted about 8 hours before saying the same. 
    Just wait for a deep discount. imo of course.  
    It reminded me of a better Recore? 
    Just ok
    Recore lol I bought that game and could not play it. It was too hard for me so if Horizon is like that then I better pass on the game. I had problems in Recore in the very first part where you had to climb the cliffs itself. I was very disoriented and was unable to find where to climb. After 30 minutes I stopped and uninstalled.
    Chamber of Chains
  • whoywhoy Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Horizon Zero Dawn had everything I like for a video gaming. Immense open world with stunning environments, fast-paced action battle, bad-ass robotic dinosaur enemies, huge range of weapon choices, etc.

But for some reason, which I still couldn't figure out why, I don't enjoy playing the game, it was boring.

I finished the game and expansion, got platinum, still I found the game boring.

But don't let my personal opinions discourage you to try out the game.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    edited July 2020
    One of my favorite games of this generation of consoles for sure. Amazing story and world building with one of the best new IPs introduced in years. It was very similar to TW3 design wise if you like that , but with far better gameplay. I will probably wait for a sale since I have played it already, but I do want to replay this on PC before HZD 2 comes out on PS5.
    TacticalZombeh
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865

Another greatly overrated, overhyped game. I lasted about two hours in It before I stopped playing.

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't pretend that other people saying they liked it means it is immediately overhyped / overrated. That implies a bit too much that your opinion is more of a fact, which it obviously is not.
    TacticalZombehValdheimkitarad
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512

jitter77 said:

Horizon is one of my favorite games ever. Not really sure how you can say it is boring? I really enjoyed the story as well. You have multiple approaches to combat and there are a lot of side activities / challenges to complete. BOTW is tedious to me, but I like the game. I have not played persona 5 and only a bit of DS02. Those are not the type of games i usually play, but i know a lot of people who loved them.

My biggest issues were

-The enemy AI are so dumb
    -The hacking....god the hacking...could have been great but they did nothing with the concept. Perhaps HD2 will address this?
    -Dialog is so subpar
    -Melee combat is not good
    -Side quests are terribly done 

The world and graphics are great. Really great. It just felt like if the graphics were just average and the budget not as high would people have liked it as much as they claim? Not sure they would. 
    Gameplay over shiny shiny any day.
    The gameplay I felt was lacking.  
    I'm not alone in this. Google HZD boring and see all the results.  

I am not trying to slam a game people like honestly.
    Technically it is a thing of beauty.
    It runs great looks great and sounds great.
    I just found those things lacking that for me help immerse me in an open world game. 

Still a decent ride just not goty caliber which is why it probably didn't win it.

I agree with the melee and rarely used it, except for the stealth attacks. I do not recall the AI being extraordinarily dumb, but I have not played for a long time. I played on the hardest level so I couldnt just run around recklessly hitting things. I would set mines or use the tether things (cant remember what they are called) mainly. I enjoyed the story so the dialogue didnt bother me. Side quests were kinda Meh, but I did enjoy the hunting challenges. Getting top tier on a few was pretty challenging.
  • SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    I don't know why people bother with porting these games like 1-2-3 years after they release on console. It makes no sense. It was branded as PS exclusive, so I did watch some of its gameplay on YouTube. Game has 0 repeatability, I don't see why I would dunk 60$ into it to get bored.

Chances are, it will have shitty controls on the PC.
    [Deleted User]
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    How action orientated is this game? Does timing and jumping and landing accurately play a large role?