Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout television series on Amazon Prime revealed.

OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,219
edited July 3 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

Comments

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,782
    Super excited and also funny. I think six months to a year back on this site someone posed the question, "What game would you like to see adapted as a movie/tv show?" 

I said Fallout on HBO and gave a huge breakdown of a first season. Seems like I am not the only person who saw the potential. I am just hoping that they use some of the lore and what not from Fallout 1 and 2 as well. Though a lot of people are wondering if this is going to be a show either about people in a vault during an experiment or a show about the great war leading up to the nukes falling. I am hoping not. I want a full blown Fallout show.
    OG_Zorvan
    Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,219
    edited July 3
    Arterius said:
    Super excited and also funny. I think six months to a year back on this site someone posed the question, "What game would you like to see adapted as a movie/tv show?" 

I said Fallout on HBO and gave a huge breakdown of a first season. Seems like I am not the only person who saw the potential. I am just hoping that they use some of the lore and what not from Fallout 1 and 2 as well. Though a lot of people are wondering if this is going to be a show either about people in a vault during an experiment or a show about the great war leading up to the nukes falling. I am hoping not. I want a full blown Fallout show.
    I'm fine with Fallout 1 and 2 lore then moving into 3 and beyond. As long as they forget the "prequel" exists ( 76 ).
    Kyleran

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member RarePosts: 4,418
    While WW has had some issues post season 1.  I still think this show is in very good hands.  Unlike Dumb and Dumber from Game of Thrones, they've shown themselves able to be able to create things without source material.
    OG_ZorvanAlBQuirky
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,167
    Sounds fun. I will watch it.
    Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,200
    So one good season and then crap after that...atleast one good season.
  • remsleepremsleep Member RarePosts: 491
    edited July 4
    Too early to tell if this is gonna be any good

The only Amazom show I liked so far is The Boys
    KyleranOG_ZorvanMrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,142
    edited July 4
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Arterius said:

I'm fine with Fallout 1 and 2 lore then moving into 3 and beyond. As long as they forget the "prequel" exists ( 76 ).
    Actually the storyline behind FO76 would make for a great series, watching the early survivors struggle in a post war world, there's tons of drama, heroism, betrayal etc.

Terrific backstories for the Responders, Raiders, Enclave, Free Staters Ghouls and of course, the vault dwellers themselves.

Plotline could cover the Overseer's solo journey to recover her past, leaving clues behind for others to find.

Of course, the main protagonist has their own conflicts, whether to unleash the nuclear genie to destroy the ScorchQueen, or follow the advice of others to destroy the tech and find another way.

Except that it all comes to a tragic end, might not play well with audiences.
    blueturtle13MrMelGibson

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• worldsbestdadworldsbestdad Member UncommonPosts: 26
    incoming cringe-worthy VATS montage
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 7,107
    Fallout 2 was one of the very first computer games I played. Looking forward to this. Hope it comes out well.
    Palebane
    Crichton: 'If he masters wormhole technology, what will he use it for?'
    Scorpius: 'Faster delivery of pizzas.'

Kyleran said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Arterius said:

Actually the storyline behind FO76 would make for a great series, watching the early survivors struggle in a post war world, there's tons of drama, heroism, betrayal etc.

Terrific backstories for the Responders, Raiders, Enclave, Free Staters Ghouls and of course, the vault dwellers themselves.

Plotline could cover the Overseer's solo journey to recover her past, leaving clues behind for others to find.

Of course, the main protagonist has their own conflicts, whether to unleash the nuclear genie to destroy the ScorchQueen, or follow the advice of others to destroy the tech and find another way.

Except that it all comes to a tragic end, might not play well with audiences.
    This is probably the first time I have ever been hoping for a show to take as much "creative license" as possible just to differentiate itself from the current IP owners "story".
    Arterius

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,652
    I would likely watch this,if i remember or see it posted somewhere.
    OG_Zorvanblueturtle13

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Ha! I made a thread where Wizardry replied and he didn't stomp it into a mudhole! I win the internetz!!  :D :D
    AsheramKyleranIselinNyghthowlerAlBQuirkyMadFrenchieblueturtle13RhoklawkitaradAmatheand 1 other.

• cameltosiscameltosis Member EpicPosts: 2,533
    A new sci-fi TV show is always to be welcomed!

Admittedly, I don't like the Fallout games, but thats purely because I don't want to spend 100s of hours in a dreary post-apoc world. I find it too depressing, and I come to games to feel something positive.

But for a TV series, hell yeh, bring it on. I also really enjoyed Westworld, so if they can bring some of the quality over from that into Fallout then it should be good. The only thing I worry about is if it'll get a bit preachy about the environment. Westworld could go up its own arse at times and Fallout could be a license to start talking about protecting the environment or the evils of the military. I don't want that.

Admittedly, I don't like the Fallout games, but thats purely because I don't want to spend 100s of hours in a dreary post-apoc world. I find it too depressing, and I come to games to feel something positive.

But for a TV series, hell yeh, bring it on. I also really enjoyed Westworld, so if they can bring some of the quality over from that into Fallout then it should be good. The only thing I worry about is if it'll get a bit preachy about the environment. Westworld could go up its own arse at times and Fallout could be a license to start talking about protecting the environment or the evils of the military. I don't want that.
    I fully expect the television show to make the Commie's the good guys for blowing up America and the main storyline to follow a clan of warriors, descended from a long and proud line of social justice protesters, trying to infect the water supplies with a new FEV derivative that will kill only men.
    KylerancheyaneAlBQuirky

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,428
    Right now I cannot imagine this show to be any good. Fallout is just a far too depressing and destructive setting. Basically everybody is crazy and insane.

Then again I also wasnt very impressed with Westworld. Thinking about it, Westworld was also very depressing and destructive.

AlBQuirky
    Please set a sig so I can read your posting even if somebody "agreed" etc with it. Thanks.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 5,741
    Amazon Prime really will greenlight any garbage.   :*
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,401
    Right now I cannot imagine this show to be any good. Fallout is just a far too depressing and destructive setting. Basically everybody is crazy and insane.

Then again I also wasnt very impressed with Westworld. Thinking about it, Westworld was also very depressing and destructive.

huh, I thought Westworld rather good. It is intense though.
    kitarad
    Aeander said:
    Amazon Prime really will greenlight any garbage.   :*
    Some turns out good. I really like Upload so far.
    Sovrath

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 6,157
    OG_Zorvan said:

I fully expect the television show to make the Commie's the good guys for blowing up America and the main storyline to follow a clan of warriors, descended from a long and proud line of social justice protesters, trying to infect the water supplies with a new FEV derivative that will kill only men.

I "LOL'd", but the possible likelihood is scary!
    OG_Zorvan

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

OG_Zorvan said:

The Watchmen season 2 sounds great.  :D
    OG_ZorvanKyleran
    Aeander said:
    OG_Zorvan said:

That show is truly a waste of a good IP.
    KyleranMrMelGibson

OG_Zorvan said:
    Aeander said:
    OG_Zorvan said:

I quit a few episodes in. When a show is too left leaning for even me to enjoy it, you know it's bad. 
    KyleranMrMelGibsonOG_Zorvan
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,428
    Err ...

Shows shouldnt be left or right leaning.

Jos Whedon might be an atheist and I'm christian, but I can watch Buffy the vampire slayer just fine.

Michael Straczynski might be rightwing and I'm leftwing, but theres no reason not to enjoy Babylon 5 because of that.

AlBQuirky
    Please set a sig so I can read your posting even if somebody "agreed" etc with it. Thanks.
    edited July 15
    Err ...

Shows shouldnt be left or right leaning.

Jos Whedon might be an atheist and I'm christian, but I can watch Buffy the vampire slayer just fine.

Michael Straczynski might be rightwing and I'm leftwing, but theres no reason not to enjoy Babylon 5 because of that.

I agree. But here's the thing. Shows should be enjoyable regardless of what their motivations are. I'm all for politics in art (in fact, they are essential to art), but unless you're making a documentary or political thriller, your art can't JUST be politics.

Your dystopian superhero show can be political, but it shouldn't leave your audience asking where the superheroes are, and why you just spent the entirety of the first 3+ episodes dealing with racial violence.

Anyway, that's the last I'll say on that matter. It's very off topic. A Bethesda show isn't likely to be bad because of politics. A Bethesda show is likely to be bad because, to be accurate, it must have more bugs than a Kardashian's crotch.
    AlBQuirkyNyghthowlerOG_ZorvanAdamantine
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,142
    Aeander said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Aeander said:
    OG_Zorvan said:

I quit a few episodes in. When a show is too left leaning for even me to enjoy it, you know it's bad. 
    I'm fairly right wing politically, but I enjoyed the Watchmen.

I think you quit too soon.

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon