Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red's Read on Take-Two

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageRed's Read on Take-Two

Red Thomas gives his read on the Take-Two situation regarding the development of Kerbal Space Program 2 as reported by Bloomberg in June. Bloomberg's reporter likely got a few things wrong and Red levies his experience as a business owner and having been subcontracted on a number of occasions to provide some perspective.

Read the full story here

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    So let's see here. You have some indie studio that made a game that did quite well, even though it was the very first game they ever made. The game did so well that there's going to be a sequel made--by a totally different studio. And then partway through development of the sequel, that other studio gets shut down, and the plan is to move what they've done so far to yet another studio to continue development. And the game is supposed to launch little over a year after that transition to a new studio.

What could possibly go wrong? Other than everything. That's got dumpster fire written all over it. I don't see any real reason to prefer KSP2 over some other game that tries to do something kind of similar but without the KSP brand name. That's not a reason to boycott KSP2, but it is a reason to consider it a totally different game. Whatever you thought of the original shouldn't affect your opinion of the sequel at all, at least beyond whether or not you like the genre.
    KyleranLackingMMOScotOzmodan
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited July 2020
    "Not just as maybe 'it is' the best game to originate from Latin America", apart from the missing 'it is' those Latin American guys need to pull their socks up. :)

Another tale of developer drama, as always wait until the game comes out and make a decision then. The only reason I have not played KSP is the huge wish list I have where games which seem a better fit for me were snapped up in the current Steam sale. Both KSP and KSP 2 are a potential buy down the line.