Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ATLAS Receives New World Map This Friday July 3 for PC and Xbox One

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageATLAS Receives New World Map This Friday July 3 for PC and Xbox One

As previously announced, ATLAS is set to receive new world map for Season 4: The Maelstrom on Friday at 8p PST for PC and Xbox One. Here are the details.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited July 2020
    Focus on PVP? PVE still needs some love. Actually the whole game needs help / love. lol

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I agree 100%.
    However i think we all know this is a very small group of people working on it,so their focus will always be pvp.Me i don't pay any attention to pvp,i stay away from pvp entirely.I do my own thing and when i play on another server i seek out PVE and settings i want.I tend to stick to my own server because finding the settings i want is nearly impossible.Official server settings are utter crap,i have no use for them.

The positive as i see it is that it is still no matter how you slice it,is more than just a BR pvp game or like any other simple shooter pvp game,it offers us a lot more.

How many games offer the realistic ships and sailing and water/physics....none i care to play.How many games offer the same level of pets with mounts and breeding?

How many large developers mmorpg's have breeding,sailing ships,water zones with realistic physics and giant whales?
    The FEAR factor is real,maybe no T-Rex running around like in Ark but some of these creatures are scarier.The Cyclops is insane,the Hydra,Elemental's,the Medusa all friggin scary to encounter.

The creatures in Atlas have superior Ai over most every single game on the planet.I know how they do it,sort of a cheat way but it works.How does most every game do aggro?SIMPLE proximity right,FFXI was the only game to ever do it better.

Well in Atlas the aggressive creatures READ YOU,if they sense weakness they will attack,if they feel you are superior they tend to run or back away.Turn your back on a Lion or Tiger,they sense your vulnerable and will pounce.I cannot think of any game that has AI like this.

sschrupp

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited July 2020
    Atlas is a rare game in that it is like your 50/50 game.50% complete fail but 50% of greatness.If you want the complete package with pvp,you won't get it,it's there as much pvp ideas as any other pvp game but it doesn't work.

However if the 50% greatness works for you like it does for me,then it is a fun pastime,play it whenever you like.
    It's frigging $11 bucks lol ,wtf can you buy for $11,a fast food burger meal costs me like $15.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I took the game out of my steam library by deleting it.  It had potential but I still regret buying it. 
    Alomar

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    I'm sad to hear they want to focus on pvp instead of pve. I decided to take a break from Atlas long ago hoping for the opposite. I might have to check it out again after this new map.