Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Provides Update On Crucible, Moving It Back To Closed Beta

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,174
    edited July 1
    Elidien said:
    Reminds me of the initial launch of FFXIV. The stopped the game, tore it apart and relaunched it. So its doable and the their is precedent.

If Amazon was smart, in my opinion, they should go full space sim with The Expanse. You have three factions, lots of politics and planets and with later seasons, an unfathomable amount of content. Imagine a SWG style space/ground sandbox in The Expanse universe.

Excuse me, I need a drink just thinking about it.
    Now that's a scifi universe that deserves a game. So tired of pop-scifi like SW, Star Trek and Marvel universe stuff getting all the games.

The Expanse is worthy and I of course, would play a Belter :)
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,174
    Elidien said:
    Iselin said:
    Elidien said:
    Reminds me of the initial launch of FFXIV. The stopped the game, tore it apart and relaunched it. So its doable and the their is precedent.

If Amazon was smart, in my opinion, they should go full space sim with The Expanse. You have three factions, lots of politics and planets and with later seasons, an unfathomable amount of content. Imagine a SWG style space/ground sandbox in The Expanse universe.

Excuse me, I need a drink just thinking about it.
    Now that's a scifi universe that deserves a game. So tired of pop-scifi like SW, Star Trek and Marvel universe stuff getting all the games.

The Expanse is worthy and I of course, would play a Belter :)
    I would so play a Belter too. I am no fan of Fred Johnson but I would follow Camina Drummer into the 9th circle of hell if she asked.

Can you imagine the tatoo options for Belters? I am giddy thinking about it.

Books are good too if you have not read them. It has become one of my fav universes in all of scifi fandom.
    I read the books first before I even knew there would be a TV series (which is superbly done, IMO.) I'm currently on a break from the books just a small way into Persepolis Rising because I got sidetracked talking to my son about Clive Barker and decided to re-read Weaveworld which I first read about 30 years ago (great book too, BTW.)

The expanse is awesome near-future scifi.
    [Deleted User]
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,658
    In before game is DOA when it comes out....for a second time!
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member UncommonPosts: 1,992
    Cool too bad it will suck though.
    I mean they are asking regular players what they want.

Red fucking flag. Players are dumb shits. Look at us here.
    A hard ass look lol.
  • james_kokojames_koko Member UncommonPosts: 33
    you are Amazon, you have infinite money

but for some reason you make shitty games, not even AAA quality, more like FFF quality
  • Allwynd_01Allwynd_01 Member UncommonPosts: 112

So, I actually put over 100 hours into this game. (Somehow) Anyways, I think they could move anywhere with this game. More heroes obviously with each having an ultimate ability. Hero balance. We need some type of travel mode but it can't be too fast and must have a risk/reward element. Travel mode would make farming faster, so maybe make pve enemies (farm) harder to kill which would make team play more engaging.

There were things I enjoyed about the game such as the great pvp moments that would sometimes happen. Heroes felt unique and the map was decent.

I think the game needs to improve enemy detail, hit detection, hero abilites and adding an ultimate, communication(lol) and many other things. I'll keep giving this game a chance and will continue to provide bug and gameplay feedback.

Here's to a better next attempt Crucible!!

I played it for like 20 minutes before uninstalling it. It felt really generic, boring, mostly the things I did not enjoy were the map size and layout and how characters played. It was really confusing and not fun at all. Usually if a game is hard, but good, I get motivated to learn and get better, but in this one, the way characters played was just horrible.

The map is too big and you travel a lot to meet the enemies and fights are a joke.

It's like the game doesn't know if it wants to be a MOBA or a BR, but somehow fails at both.

I think what this game needs to be successful is to scrap the current maps and game modes, and instead opt for some urban/industrial maps with buildings and 90° angles on pretty much everything - walls, floor, doorways, crates, obstacles.

The game modes should also be scrapped and replaced with more traditional game modes like TDM, CTF, Payload and maybe Search & Destroy.

This will give players a feeling of familiarity and will improve the gameplay flow. Also characters and how they play should be redesigned and be more straightforward to just shoot.

I can't say I played a lot, I picked some woman with an eyepatch that had something like an AR or SMG, I thought it would be straightforward to play as her, because all I would have to do is press LMB to shoot... except after my first clip ended, there was no second clip to replace the first one, then I realized I had to swap to another weapon, fire that until the clip is empty and then be left with nothing at all for a while. That's when I realized this game is garbage.

I can't say a single positive thing about the game in its current state and I think that unless they do exactly what I described here, the game will fail again and nobody is going to play it. I don't hold any hope that they will go down the route I described, and honestly I don't really care about it anymore, I have plenty of games to play and this one doesn't mean anything to me.
    AndrewGoat
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Tried the game and didn't like it. Something in combat and the overall flow of the game felt... hollow? Something was missing.

I respect this move, taking a step back to make meaningful changes to a game is something I wish a lot of developers would do instead of going full-steam ahead with their choices.

I'm curious whether this sets a bad precedent or not. Developers going back a step for development could make some messy situations. My biggest worry is going from release to early access.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member RarePosts: 748
    Kyleran said:

remsleep said:

Amazon game studios is quickly becoming the laughing stock of video game development. 

Remember a few years back when so many of us thought they would be the shining beacon of western mmo development.... yikes 

To be fair, every game developer is the laughing stock of game development on these forums. I haven't seen a game released that had more people liking it than bashing it for a few years on these boards. Wolcen was close but that love ended pretty fast.

One might think the people here either don't actually like games or their standards are so high that there will never be a game that they will deem acceptable.
    Or... most games released these days are actually shit.

I'm going with that theory.

I would agree... if there was a game that was released in which 99% of the people didn't bash it nonstop.

If there were games there were deemed decent in these forums, it would negate this theory... but I can't think of one. Feel free to name a game released in the last ten years that wasn't overwhelmingly bashed by most of the people here.

The only one that comes to mind is Wolcen. It had a mixed set of opinions upon release but that didn't last long. Last I looked, most posts were bashing that game too.

So when you say "most games released these days are actually shit", what you mean is every game released these days is shit according to these forums.

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 285
    edited July 1

remsleep said:

Amazon game studios is quickly becoming the laughing stock of video game development. 

Remember a few years back when so many of us thought they would be the shining beacon of western mmo development.... yikes 

To be fair, every game developer is the laughing stock of game development on these forums. I haven't seen a game released that had more people liking it than bashing it for a few years on these boards. Wolcen was close but that love ended pretty fast.

One might think the people here either don't actually like games or their standards are so high that there will never be a game that they will deem acceptable.

I just come here for the lawlz.

Nothing here should be taken seriously, ever. 
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,175
    edited July 1
    Amazon Studios. 3 games so far. One dead and buried, two writhing in pain on the failure table. And these jagoffs are the ones who got the license to make a new LotR online game ( and t.v. show ). When their LotR fails, that will be the final end of these game developer wannabes. And Bezos will still be worth billions.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,345
    edited July 1

Kyleran said:

remsleep said:

Or... most games released these days are actually shit.

I'm going with that theory.

The problem with this theory nowadays is that sometimes the game is actually shit. Other times, a popular reviewer says is shit and everyone jumps aboard just because their favorite people said it. Double edge sword.
    BruceYeeultimateduck

• mizzomizzo Newbie CommonPosts: 4

I honestly respect this.

me too! i was so shocked playing this when it was released. lets see what they can make out of the game...