Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sea of Thieves Will Receive Custom Servers

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageSea of Thieves Will Receive Custom Servers

Sea of Thieves is set to receive custom servers as part of an upcoming alpha.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2020
    $80 on release was a terrible scam job by Microsoft.

OK so the game has become mildly better,the game is also past its prime,so it should be selling at a bargain basement price.

Atlas was $40 now sells at $11.21 and has ALWAYS been a superior game to SOT.Atlas pricing makes sense,SOT team is constantly looking to scam people.

So people got ripped off paying twice as much on release for a complete turd and now paying 3.5x as much for a game that is still inferior to Atlas.

If people still don't like Atlas fine,but if Atlas is not worth $11 bucks,SOT is not worth $5.

MikehaPuReDusTmarcio519sakinolAbimorjason523RennisaNephethShaihubyTacticalZombehand 3 others.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited June 2020
    Awesome
  • DeathleecherDeathleecher Member UncommonPosts: 89
    This will be the death of SOT.

All PVE people will go into custom games and not play on the open servers. PVP ppl will hate the game, as they will never meet anyone in the open world.
    AlomariamspamicusViper482ProfGetzjmlane223
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

All PVE people will go into custom games and not play on the open servers. PVP ppl will hate the game, as they will never meet anyone in the open world.
    Doesn't that seem odd that the minute there is a choice the PvE players leave? The game never satisfied them obviously but developers still insist in throwing these ill suited players together as a some wicked experiment and then they allow custom servers as a last ditch attempt to keep the losing population. No lesson is ever learnt from the days of Felluca and Trammel so they keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.
    rojoArcueidAllwynd_01MikehaAlomar[Deleted User]iamspamicusTacticalZombehProfGetz
    Chamber of Chains
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875

Wizardry said:

OK so the game has become mildly better,the game is also past its prime,so it should be selling at a bargain basement price.

Atlas was $40 now sells at $11.21 and has ALWAYS been a superior game to SOT.Atlas pricing makes sense,SOT team is constantly looking to scam people.

So people got ripped off paying twice as much on release for a complete turd and now paying 3.5x as much for a game that is still inferior to Atlas.

If people still don't like Atlas fine,but if Atlas is not worth $11 bucks,SOT is not worth $5.

We play this game every Sunday for about 4-5 hours as a group of four it is a great exp we probably wont do the private server thing. I do not think it is going to hurt the game you can have private servers on ark and atlas.

Now as to your claim I own atlas and the two games dont compare that well. Rare has done a great job at adding to the game and making it better. I do not know anyone who payed 80 dollars if you have game pass it comes with it and all the improvements have been free plus since it is on the xbox all the multiplayer stuff is seamless we like it at least anytime you can play with your wife and another couple is really cool.
    koldmiserbobbymcswansonRennisaNepheth
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204

Wizardry said:

Tf are you even going on about....Atlas and Sea of thieves are so different in gameplay it's ridiculous to compare them...and yes I own and have played/play both of them....I'm guessing your basis for comparison is "durrr they both have boats"...keep up the good work....

Btw Sea of Thieves is amazing fun for anyone looking to kick back with a few friends crack some beers and sail around taking in the sites...really well done.
  • McSleazMcSleaz Member RarePosts: 280
    I tried this Turd on Game Pass.
    How could a company as good as rare take an idea as good as pirates and then fck it all up?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited June 2020
    McSleaz said:
    I tried this Turd on Game Pass.
    How could a company as good as rare take an idea as good as pirates and then fck it all up?
    Before SoT Rare had actually been struggling for well over a decade. This is their return to form, although not quite there yet.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    klash2def
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415
    unfortunately this will like hurt this game alot.im sad to see them further segregating the community
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    edited June 2020

And once again the baby eaters go extinct and wonder how it happened. You can only grief so much in a game before your prey picks up their ball and goes home. True PvP is a joy, being griefed over and over relentessley because some little punk ass gets his kicks from it is not.

You reap what you sow, glad they are pissed. They will actually have to fight each other now.
    TacticalZombehk61977ProfGetz
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Zegaloth said:

Wouldn't it just mean that PvPers will actually just have to PvP against other people who want to PvP?

Oh right, a lot of pvpers just want to grief people who have no interest in PvP, my bad.
    Always such a shallow minded view...
    k61977ProfGetz
    If someone absolutely doesn't want pvp they're not currently playing. Saying anyone in SOT is griefing is like saying people in COD are griefing.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503

If someone absolutely doesn't want pvp they're not currently playing. Saying anyone in SOT is griefing is like saying people in COD are griefing.

Not true at all. Some people might like the idea of exploring islands and sailing a ship. It doesn't mean they want some little kid to come sink them every time they try to set sail. I will give you that this was released as a pvp title and it is expected. But saying that the only people that play it are those looking for pvp is a shallow viewpoint.
    McSleazklash2def
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Aren't custom servers basically requirement #1 for all survival trash?
    k61977 said:

Not true at all. Some people might like the idea of exploring islands and sailing a ship. It doesn't mean they want some little kid to come sink them every time they try to set sail. I will give you that this was released as a pvp title and it is expected. But saying that the only people that play it are those looking for pvp is a shallow viewpoint.
    Calling it griefing is flat stupid. 

Aeander said:
    Aren't custom servers basically requirement #1 for all survival trash?
    It's not a survival game. 
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    this great. more power to rare.

Personally i play this with my 10 year old son and we don't play for the PVP. This is coming from a former Hardcore EVE player.

I love PVP in most games usually but I find that SOT is actually a relaxing time with friends and family as a PVE experience too. It just kinda sucks when some dude is trying to ruin your day because he is bored. Literally been hunted over and over to the point where I say F it and log off.

I loved the game but I never played it for the PVP part and I always wanted the option to just turn off PVP. This is it. Def going to reinstall this.
    k61977
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    k61977 said:

Calling it griefing is flat stupid. 

It becomes griefing if the same person keeps stalking you over an over.  That is the same with any game, whether it is pvp focused or not.  If it is different people then you are just having bad luck. 

Unfortunately with games like this you usually run into the people that make it their mission just to camp people and try to get them to log off.  In the end it ends up killing the population in a lot of games, because let's face it the pvp subset of the players is usually very small compared to the non-pvp subset.  When you drive the people that just want to play with their kids away from the game how is that good for anyone. 

Killing someone once is one thing doing it over and over is the definition of griefing.  Granted this game moving you when you die should make that harder to do but some people go out of their way to look for you so they can do it again.