Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soulbound Studios Discusses The Way Forward For Chronicles Of Elyria In New Post

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageSoulbound Studios Discusses The Way Forward For Chronicles Of Elyria In New Post

In a new news post on the Chronicles of Elyria website, Soulbound Studios' Jeromy Walsh details what he sees as "The Way Forward" for crowd-funded MMORPG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I would never trust them if I was a backer originally. They announce shuttering the studio and then after the huge backlash and potential lawsuits they didn't actually mean they were shutting down?

Funny.
    LeFantomeTacticalZombehGdemamiYashaXAzaron_Nightbladeinfomatz
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Does anyone... and I mean ANYONE... believe this guy? He doesn't even have the brains to quietly slither away. IMHO every single thing he has said or posted since he "shuttered" the studio is about the lawsuit and Xsolla.
    LeFantomeWellspring[Deleted User]Asm0deuslaxiePirrayaTacticalZombehGdemamixion12121Amatheand 5 others.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Does anyone... and I mean ANYONE... believe this guy? He doesn't even have the brains to quietly slither away. IMHO every single thing he has said or posted since he "shuttered" the studio is about the lawsuit and Xsolla.

the sad part is there is

only thing I read was really, ok guys I will now fake progress so you guys don't send me to jail, till I can disapear
    GdemamiYashaX[Deleted User]
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I love how the article talks about fans, as if there is a single one left....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    McSleazKyleranYashaX[Deleted User]Amatheinfomatz
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Now we see a blatant attempt to simply ignore or rewrite their own development history.  I fully expect another sales event in our near future.  How much money does a rational person need to throw away before it becomes serious to them?

KyleranGdemamiYashaX[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    "We're going to make available all threads...except the one where we said we were closing down."
    Sounds legit.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]MadFrenchieYashaX[Deleted User]LeFantomeAngryElfinfomatz

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited June 2020
    This game has been one shitty un-fun ride

[Deleted User][Deleted User]infomatz
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    a way to avoid the lawsuit?
    KyleranMcSleazGdemamixion12121[Deleted User]LeFantomeDarkEvilHatred
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    What a load of bullcrap. That guy just won't stop, so let's all /popcorn and watch this shit boat sink under the weight of his hubris and ego.

Lol, Jeromy, lol. You're not fooling anyone but yourself.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    Jeromy Walsh: "Yo, guys, if you start paying me millions again, I will keep 'developing' for yeeeaaars to come!"

YashaX[Deleted User]
  • Nitro-1Nitro-1 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    edited June 2020
    Wouldn't a lawsuit being successful stem from there being money left to sue over? The track record here tells me its all gone either into thin air or into pockets....unless he was so lacking in thought he didn't form Soulbound correctly not many avenues to pursue. I see they are an LLC
    YashaX
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited June 2020

Nitro-1 said:

Wouldn't a lawsuit being successful stem from there being money left to sue over? The track record here tells me its all gone either into thin air or into pockets....unless he was so lacking in thought he didn't form Soulbound correctly not many avenues to pursue.

I see they are an LLC

Backers have resorted to trying to get money from Xsolla for not honoring their own policy on refunds, actually isn't about SBS so much anymore.

It's a bit disingenuous if not dishonest approach, but such is the legal system.

Nitro-1[Deleted User]GdemamiYashaX

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited June 2020
    Wow this pos is seriously concerned of his scam completely falling apart. I guess he figured he may as well follow in Star Citizen footsteps and ramp up on virtual sales for the rest of time.

Captain's log, stardate 41153.8. After traveling 1 million years into the future, the crew and i deeply regret to inform the Universe that NO, Star Citizen has still not launched. However there is some good news, chronicles of elyria is having a land sale, no need to fall for pressure tactics.

"Captain's log, supplemental. We are no closer to finding a solution to the deteriorating fact that chronicles of elyria has not launched, but with the arrival of Jeromy Walsh we now have a good idea of the cause."
    Sunojibjab[Deleted User]Gdemamiinfomatz
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Arterius said:
    So if they do start development up again, even if it's just one or two people, does that mean the lawsuit is null and void. They would be working on the game if it was with a skeleton crew and would allow them to beat the system
    No. Once you announce you will not deliver some or all of the contract, the other party does not need to accept you changing your mind.

The idea is that once seller announces they're not delivering, the one who bought stuff can instantly contract another seller for replacement products. Then the original seller may not weasel out of the consequences of non-delivery with any later tricks.

Kyleran[Deleted User]Gdemami[Deleted User]

• Jaguaratron1Jaguaratron1 Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Scam setup to try and circumvent refund laws.
    PurplePepeMcSleazAsm0deusGdemami[Deleted User]infomatz
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    All the way to the trashcan where it belongs
    [Deleted User]
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    While not very nice to say maybe I am glad to see my instincts on this one was correct from day one when some of us tried calling him on his BS.

While sad for the backers tbh I can't feel much sympathy for the one's that white knighted to hell and back for this guy and tried to make us, some of us personally and mmorpg.com posters in general, out as some kind of evil naysayers for trying to show them he was full of manure.
    silkofdGdemamiMendelYashaX[Deleted User]alkarionlog

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's like a game from my middle school years.

Pull my finger.

Wanna play again?

There's always one guy who is up for round 2.

Asm0deusSlapshot1188[Deleted User]GladDogTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]Aethaeryninfomatz

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I don't understand how this guy isn't behind bars for fraud.
    laxieKyleranGdemamiMendelYashaX[Deleted User]

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 375
    edited June 2020
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh he's still going to slither away.  He just realized outright saying "We're not doing the game anymore," means he may have to give the money back.  Now though he can take donations in again, not have as much of a legal threat hanging over his head, and keep all of the money since all of the employees got canned.  He's basically going to sit there and take money in while eating grapes in his living room.
    Gdemami
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Oh ffs. 
    YashaX[Deleted User]
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    I'm amazed he was crazy enough to announce that development was ending when he could have just kept grifting and downsized the costs (it's not like the money they were spending was actually producing anything anyways).

I'm even more amazed he was even crazier enough to come out of the shadows and try to renege after the mirror of illusion was shattered.

20 years ago I would have thought that the most amazing thing out of all this is still that someone this crazy was able to find so many other crazy people willing to give him millions.  But... Star Citizen still beats it by light years in that department.
    GdemamiYashaX[Deleted User]
  • xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199
    This is what it boils down to. If they "pretend to keep the game in development" then technically it has never stopped being developed. Therefore, nobody can legally sue them. That's what's going on here, this is to avoid a lawsuit and nothing more. There is no intention of ever completing this game. This is only being done to avoid a lawsuit moving forward.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]GdemamiLeFantomerathalas22DartoxerThomas2006

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    xion12121 said:
    This is what it boils down to. If they "pretend to keep the game in development" then technically it has never stopped being developed. Therefore, nobody can legally sue them. That's what's going on here, this is to avoid a lawsuit and nothing more. There is no intention of ever completing this game. This is only being done to avoid a lawsuit moving forward.
    And thus the inclusion of Xsolla which guarantees refunds as long as you have not yet received any digital content for the sale.  So folks are attempting to refund their specific purchases... the mounts, the items, all that stuff that was sold in the store.   This is why Xsolla and Jeromy have been in dialog because they know how hard it will be to recover from him.

xion12121YashaXGdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    They should just sell it to gamigo. They specialize in releasing (and re-re-releasing) dead games and unfinished content.