Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shroud of the Avatar Adds New Dunamically Scaled Scene: Myrkur

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageShroud of the Avatar Adds New Dunamically Scaled Scene: Myrkur

Shroud of the Avatar has just announced in this week's update that players will have access to a brand-new dynamically scaled adventure scene called Myrkur.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MazenealMazeneal Member UncommonPosts: 143
    edited June 2020
    "Lord British casts portalarium from your wallet to his bank account!" /WOOOSH "You find you are missing gold!"
    [Deleted User]Panzerbeorne39joezhudarak
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Similar tactics to Rockstar,pretend you have some news then at the end,oh btw we have this $7000 package you can still buy,oh btw GTA$ are on sale.

Man alive,gaming has just gone so foul in the last 5 or so years and so very quickly.I can't imagine what the gaming world will be like in another 10-15 years.
    Somewhere along the lines we lost focus on gaming and now everything is about marketing and loot boxes and cash shops and early access,mobile gaming which is now 50% of the market,spyware,add-ons,botting,automation,gaming chairs,microphones,streamers in it for $$$,Esports in it for $$$,wtf happened to gaming....sigh.
    [Deleted User]diznikkaNildenPanzerbeorne39

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited June 2020
    "Shroud of the Avatar Adds New Dunamically Scaled Scene: Myrkur"

Hot damn. Once again, this site is so unprofessional, they don't even spell check the titles of their articles. So sloppy. I put more editing effort into my stupid responses. Also: "This is a cloned version of the previous dungeon known as Despair." Nice to see them making such an effort.
    [Deleted User]LeFantomeNildenmmolou
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Dunamically... WTF?
    NildenmmolouKyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

Dunamically... WTF?

Man, you gotta wonder if they even read what they post before throwing it up here. Just slop it out.
    NildenmmolouKyleran
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971
    edited June 2020
    It launched and its still getting content added, though little is truly new and the progress is glacial. CoE has given me a new perspective on these issues. But is the game worth a $7000 castle? No, but then in what game would anything be worth that?
  • Grendizer73Grendizer73 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    I hope Portalarium close soon
    [Deleted User]
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    So, what's the difference between "option to select difficulty level", and "dynamic scaling?"

• diznikkadiznikka Member UncommonPosts: 13

Wizardry said:

Similar tactics to Rockstar,pretend you have some news then at the end,oh btw we have this $7000 package you can still buy,oh btw GTA$ are on sale.

Man alive,gaming has just gone so foul in the last 5 or so years and so very quickly.I can't imagine what the gaming world will be like in another 10-15 years.

Somewhere along the lines we lost focus on gaming and now everything is about marketing and loot boxes and cash shops and early access,mobile gaming which is now 50% of the market,spyware,add-ons,botting,automation,gaming chairs,microphones,streamers in it for $$$,Esports in it for $$$,wtf happened to gaming....sigh.

Agree, fuck these streamers who help hype up early access games. I miss the old days when Twitch.tv or game streaming in general wasnt a thing. At this age of gaming ppl just throw money at devs and their half assed games, throwing money at streamers for that 5 second glory and hear the streamer say "Ty for the Sub or Dono and welcome to the family/crew! much love!" Oh wait what family or crew? wow talk about phonies. We all know these streamers are only after our money.
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

I hope Portalarium close soon

It is CatNip games, not portalarium.

Same devs ,same crap and still the same scam. The name doesn'T matter.
    [Deleted User]

• Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386
    What do they have ...Like 6 whales playing this to keep it afloat?

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

Over 48 hours later, still dunamically.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Scot said:
    It launched and its still getting content added, though little is truly new and the progress is glacial. CoE has given me a new perspective on these issues. But is the game worth a $7000 castle? No, but then in what game would anything be worth that?
    See SC.
    Scot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Do you guys even give half a shit about this site anymore?

10 days later couldn't be bothered to fix this spelling mistake after it was pointed out multiple times. The bots are running wild.

Time for some Dunamically done moderation. Make multiple political posts but ban DMKano for some meme videos on corporate pandering.

Get your shit together.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Xee2018Xee2018 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Well short of a new unity build and a few new places this was a pretty meh release. I love the new tiered zones the harder ones are way better for high level and give it a real challenge which is something that has been missing for a lot of us Vet. players.

Myself I am waiting on the crafting changes that are to be coming in the next few releases.... they are revamping a lot of things so that there is a larger rng. between a GM 100 skill and a 150 skilled crafter vs the 1-2 point difference currently. They are also going to be making it so we can take apart artifacts for components to build player made artifacts using various parts which will be nice.

As to the new zones well nice, the need to get the new loot tables in for these zones before they are really worth playing in. that is something they are working on presently as listed above. Ep2 will have its own loot which can be sold or traded to all players regardless if they have access to the new adventure zones.

As to the game as a whole its still growing in numbers which is a positive, as well its not going away anytime soon. People been saying that since release that it wont be around... they say that every year which makes me laugh. which reminds me someone in this forums is to eat a hat they said ep2 would never be and the game would be done... I am pretty sure that with less than the current number of players the game will make all 5 episodes with 2-3 years between each. just on optional sub alone they are pulling in over $30k a month not including the cash/crown shop which is doing pretty good.

On that note nothing in the cash shop is pay to win as its all looks. It was once said that property is the win... but with the changes a year ago where they added a free row and village for doing the quest one can't stat that housing is P2w seeing the only difference is how much stuff you can decorate/display. Limits on storage are not an issue and if they are you can always put in a basement or dungeon to unlock practically unlimited space for storage. No granted there are quest conversational NPC's for player made stories and quests that currently do not have an option to get in game short of another player they do plan to have a basic one in game that can be crafted soon. This would be the only real advantage from my perspective.

As to Dynamic scaling that is the server side term for allowing them to pick a scene and tell it what level. ideally I think the idea at some point will be to allow the scene to scale to the lead of the party when they enter which will come in time unless they decide to keep it the current way with a list of various scaled versions. guess we will see in the long run.

As to streamer to show of early access games and the likes are the best way to see if a game is worth it imo. with out them you would be blinding buying a game you may not like. at least people watching can get an idea on what to expect. I think if people are coming to the games because of the streamers thats because people like what they see. those that don't obviously don't. either way I prefer to look at youtube reviews and streams to see before I buy anything.

well lets hope next month will have the changes I am waiting on. in the mean time will see what they patch in over the next 3 weeks :) sounds like there is another new unity build about to be pushed to the QA will have to check that out.

• HilltHillt Member UncommonPosts: 72
    You can tell that Xee is still drinking Portnip's coolaid. Over the past 2 quarters they have not completed 1/16 of the things they said they were going to accomplish. Yet more and more items are added to the pay wall each month.

There is no improvements in crafting, quests, spells, or even maps! They still don't have a working MAP SYSTEM in this game!

Player numbers have dropped below pre-covid/shelter at home count. Yet he keeps thinking that new players are coming in and staying.