Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Survival Viking Game Valheim Gets A New Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageSurvival Viking Game Valheim Gets A New Trailer

Earlier during the PC Gaming Show, Viking-themed survival game Valheim got a new trailer.

Read the full story here

bcbully

Comments

• SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    It could easily run on mobile, at least it looks like one. Not that it looks bad perse.
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    It may have some promise..... love the nordic theme.  the character models look dated to me already though, but content is more important!
    Asheram

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    Personally I even really like the artstyle but I can totally understand if this just looks dated to some people. This one definitely caught my attention.

The only thing I am a bit worried about are the servers because as some people in their Discord mentioned there wont be any and instead the players themselves are hosting the servers.
    I can't remember a single example where a system like that has worked as intended, so i really hope it will be possible to rent or buy a server for our little Conan Exiles community.

Definitely keeping an eye on that.
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    looks worth keeping an eye on!
    Asheram
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited November 2020

OG_Zorvan said:

DMKano said:

OG_Zorvan said:

Manages to make Conan Exiles look like bleeding edge tech in comparison.

This game was put together by a tiny indie team with one artist- Conan Exiles has a full blown AAA studio behind it.

Apples and Oranges

I refuse to acknowledge Funcom as anything above an "A". JJust because Norway keeps them funded so they don't disappear doesn't make them "AAA", and not one of their games has ever really qualified after AO, which I still believe was a one time fluke they'll never be able to recreate.

But DMKano is correct, rip wherever he is. This games world ambience is awesome ;)

Another short video of some co-op play.
    Game released into EA today for $19.99, well worth it imho, esp for viking minecraft.
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    Truthfully...looks like something that Conan exiles did much better to me.

Will take a look later on, but other than the theme, Viking/Norse, and how they make it work, not much interest.
    edited February 2021
    Sandmanjw said:
    Truthfully...looks like something that Conan exiles did much better to me.

Will take a look later on, but other than the theme, Viking/Norse, and how they make it work, not much interest.
    Think more of vanilla minecraft, not conan. Its basically single player with 10 player co-op options. But the world is awesome, dont judge by its graphics, its stylized like wow.