Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's Your First Look at PlayStation 5 Hardware

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageHere's Your First Look at PlayStation 5 Hardware

Sony held their Not-E3 event earlier today where they showed off the industrial design of the PS5.

Read the full story here

[Deleted User]

Comments

• MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123
    I think it's pretty cool looking.
    I feel it's much more appealing to the eye than the new Xbox.
    TaneonGlacianNexinfomatzIceAgecheyane
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited June 2020
    It looks sort of big in the picture idk.Too big defeats one of the purpose of a console which is to easily move it around.They did go for a modern look which is ok,better than games typically going for the 1990's look.

We sort of already dissected the parts but a lot is cheap talk doesn't mean a whole lot.

The real factors are
    1 How well will it actually perform with games
    2 How well are developers going to utilize the console to it's capacity"likely not very well".

Well actually there is a #3,the most important over all consoles and PC's,how good are incoming games because i am still seeing a pile of trash showing up everyday.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The holes/spaces are no doubt for cooling because they are trying to take cheaper "except for the SSD"hardware and o/c it to try and match the Xbox performance,so my guess is this would run very hot,so the design will feature ways to dissipate the heat.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Xbox mini-fridge series X
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    This is probably my favorite PS design of all time. Especially love the digital version.
    TillerTacticalZombehinfomatzYashaXIceAgecheyaneMurmaider
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Would look totally rad in my 2003 dorm room, but I do not want it in my 2020 living room. I expect a black version by the end of 21 because that'll be easier to ignore for those of us who don't want a Netgear router or Alienware PC in our living rooms. Kudos to them for wanting to stand out, I guess.
    WaanDaranar
  • AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 160
    I think it looks gorgeous as well. But people seem split on it. Interesting stuff!
    infomatzYashaX
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Looks nice, but doesnt overpower my pc hehe
  • KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Well that's not going to fit on the shelf next to the receiver .........
    RandomCasualty
    o.O

• NexeusSNexeusS Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Bravo! This CISCO router looks really nice :>
    [Deleted User]WhiteLanterninfomatzRoinMensur
  • Ir1shguyIr1shguy Member UncommonPosts: 84
    So by hardware all they meant was what it looks like? Games while looking cool don't really look visually better than what we already get.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I think it looks okay. Would prefer a single color but honestly none of my entertainment area really matches anyways. 
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    The sony sandwhich system. I bet it can't be laid down either.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited June 2020
    I would have liked all black better but whatever. The looks of the console are way down the list for me. I'm much more interested in the guts and performance.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    The games looked good and I like the console design, but nothing yet screams "day 1" for me. Will most definitely get the console but not right away.

No word on price yet?
    infomatz
  • RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Umm, sorry this is really nasty looking for my tastes. Took me forever to get the wife to agree to clutter the TV area with Xbox One and PS4 (PC is next lol), but this?? Unless, maybe flowers could be put into the holes like a vase?
  • AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Personally I would have liked to see a third model of the PS5 offered. One with both the 4K blue ray player (for playing movies) and the SSD (for game storage) together in one case.
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Acornia said:

Personally I would have liked to see a third model of the PS5 offered. One with both the 4K blue ray player (for playing movies) and the SSD (for game storage) together in one case.

The version with the disc drive does have the SSD. They're the same except one doesn't have a disc drive. The SSD is Sony's #1 selling point they're pushing for the PS5, why would you think they wouldn't include it?
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited June 2020
    I think the reason that the graphics looked bad is because Sony pre-recorded this stream in 1080p@30hz. 

Sony says the PS5 is capable of 2160p@60hz. 
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    DMKano said:

NexeusS said:

Bravo! This CISCO router looks really nice :>

More like Linksys
    Used to be the same company...
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I’m cool with the PS5. My entertainment center has a glass door so I never see it anyway
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Games looked ok, but it was streamed in 1080 while the trailers will be uploaded to view in 4k or something like that. I have ALWAYS noticed that the end of a console era is usually slightly lower graphically to the next era. So im not to worried about the looks now.

The console looks fine, honestly I never really "look" at my consoles.. ever. Yeah maybe the first few weeks then nah. Most people don't come over and go "Oh wow I love the way your xbox/ps/Nintendo look on that shelf!"

Having said that, I was really disappointed with no release date and no pricing.
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    hope it comes in black. because of dirt.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Don't mind the shape (definitely don't love it either), do mind the size. It seems to be a fair bit larger then a regular PS4 which I thought was fairly clunky already.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• whoywhoy Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Too bold and white color some more... It looks like a wifi router at first glance.
    I like Xbox Series X console design better, simple and elegant.