Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a website that just talks about MMORPGS?

alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163
I know it may seem crazy, but is there a website that JUST talks about MMORPGS? I don't want to see anything about FPS games, or RTS games, just MMO RPGS. 

(-_-)

Gdemami

Comments

• alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Better yet, add a filter option on the website to filter ONLY MMORPGS. 
    Gdemami

(-_-)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    From your link:

https://massivelyop.com/2020/06/08/not-so-massively-i-like-survival-mechanics-not-survival-games/

Games mentioned in that article:
    We Happy Few
    Fallout 76
    Conan Exiles
    Dragon Age

What was that you were saying about only MMORPGs?
    Sovrath[Deleted User]AlBQuirky
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    That's where I spend most of my time. 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    You can find sites that focus more on mmorpgs. But where else is there a virtual Mos Eisley like this one? You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. *wink*
    SovrathKyleranklash2defAlBQuirkycheyaneChildoftheShadowsSlapshot1188

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Quizzical said:
    From your link:

https://massivelyop.com/2020/06/08/not-so-massively-i-like-survival-mechanics-not-survival-games/

We Happy Few
    Fallout 76
    Conan Exiles
    Dragon Age

I mentioned this in another of the same type of thread ... Massively covers other games. I don't know of one "mmorpg" site that only covers mmorpg's.

Probably because there aren't many in the making, few coming out or see the light of day.
    KyleranAlBQuirky
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Amathe said:
    You can find sites that focus more on mmorpgs. But where else is there a virtual Mos Eisley like this one? You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. *wink*
    Lol. That's good actually. 

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I use massively too. 

(-_-)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Quizzical said:
    From your link:

We Happy Few
    Fallout 76
    Conan Exiles
    Dragon Age

Funny thing though, IMO FO76 delivers a better MMORPG ”experience” than most claiming that title today. 

;) 

klash2defAlBQuirky[Deleted User]Sovrath

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Kyleran said:
    Quizzical said:
    From your link:

We Happy Few
    Fallout 76
    Conan Exiles
    Dragon Age

Funny thing though, IMO FO76 delivers a better MMORPG ”experience” than most claiming that title today. 

;) 

Very interesting statement... sounds like something I've been saying for years... ;)
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Quizzical said:
    From your link:

We Happy Few
    Fallout 76
    Conan Exiles
    Dragon Age

Best you are going to get.....have you found a better one?  
    What I like about MOP is their writers actively play a rotation of MMORPGS including most of the major ones out there.

They also have staff go out and try or revisit various MMORPGS, pretty hilarious series right now by one woman making her third attempt to get into EVE and the challenges she's facing.

Sure, they cover several not so MMORPG type games, but they mostly stay in the realm of RPGs and you won't find many articles about pure shooters, BRs, or sports games.

As you said, it's probably the best out there today for MMORPG coverage, just wish they had a better forum set up like here.

SovrathGdemamiAlBQuirky

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Kyleran said:
    Quizzical said:
    From your link:

We Happy Few
    Fallout 76
    Conan Exiles
    Dragon Age

What I like about MOP is their writers actively play a rotation of MMORPGS including most of the major ones out there.

They also have staff go out and try or revisit various MMORPGS, pretty hilarious series right now by one woman making her third attempt to get into EVE and the challenges she's facing.

Sure, they cover several not so MMORPG type games, but they mostly stay in the realm of RPGs and you won't find many articles about pure shooters, BRs, or sports games.

As you said, it's probably the best out there today for MMORPG coverage, just wish they had a better forum set up like here.

The EvE players were quite mad at the coverage and her observations.
    [Deleted User]KyleranAlBQuirky
    Chamber of Chains
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Quizzical said:
    From your link:

We Happy Few
    Fallout 76
    Conan Exiles
    Dragon Age

The original poster wasn't asking for good coverage of MMORPGs.  He was asking for a complete lack of coverage of other games.
    AlBQuirkyGdemami
    tzervo said:
    cheyane said:
    The EvE players were quite mad at the coverage and her observations.
    She was self-admittedly biased against ithe game:
    I, effectively, engineered my own demise here, and while I admit it was my own dumb fault a lot of the time, I also feel this just illustrates the relationship I have with EVE Online in general. There’s this sense of a force that repulses me from the game. Something astrological or maybe even aetheric that tells me to keep away.
    And this was spilling throughout the whole article.
    Well, EVE is a game which doesn't well appeal to certain types of gamers, especially .....  females...  /ducks.

[Deleted User]AlBQuirky

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    edited June 2020
    Far from it.

I like Massively but to say the staff there censor discussion is an understatement.  They stealth delete comments all the time simply because they disagree with them.  It's gotten worse over time and the worst part is that if you are not there to see the comments disappear you would never even know they were made.  Not talking about racist or hate comments either.  So I will go there and read some articles but I never participate in their comments because it's all bullshit.

[Deleted User]KyleranGdemamiAlBQuirkySailorMom

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    There’s this sense of a force that repulses me from the game.

heh I got the same vibes from Eve too

IselinKyleranAlBQuirky
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    They should make a sub forum for this very topic.  I feel like we see this post or many others like it every month. 

They could change it to MMORPG+.com just to stop the "THIS GAME ISN'T AN MMORPG SO WHY IS IT ON THIS WEBSITE" posts.
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    With how much the MMO market is slowing down, I don't think a MMO-only site would make it.
    kitaradKyleranTheocritusAlBQuirky
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited June 2020
    Unless you're willing to pay for the articles I doubt they can maintain a staff to run such a  site.

I am always afraid coming here, some day, I sincerely hope not, they say they are shutting down because aside from the threads delete makes like clockwork the traffic here is pretty poor.

I love the forum here even though it has dwindled alarmingly because occasionally there are some intelligent and interesting content posted in the discussion threads by the people I respect and find  enjoyable to spar with.
    WellspringKyleranSlapshot1188cheyaneAlBQuirky

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    kitarad said:
    Unless you're willing to pay for the articles I doubt they can maintain a staff to run such a  site.

I am always afraid coming here, some day, I sincerely hope not, they say they are shutting down because aside from the threads delete makes like clockwork the traffic here is pretty poor.

I love the forum here even though it has dwindled alarmingly because occasionally there are some intelligent and interesting content posted in the discussion threads by the people I respect and find  enjoyable to spar with.
    Some of us are willing to pay.  I'd love to see a choice but I think Mike B explained one time that from their polling only a sliver of people would financially support the site and it was far too low to make a real difference.

Me personally... while I think this site faced challenges related to issues with the genre there are still literally hundreds of active MMORPGs that should provide plenty of material to discuss.

I think the heart of the problem is that focus has been pushed away from the forums (I mean, it's a little box on the side of the main page now) and we have decimated the population of active posters by banning them because we didn't like what they said. I say WE and not they (moderators) because most of them are probably coming from one of us clicking a "report" button because some person on the internet felt differently about a game.  Sure, we have also seen some hate messages which rightly deserve action, but if you clicked that report button simply because some guy typed something mean (despite the ability to block them)... well... look around and reap what you sowed.

GdemamiAlBQuirky

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    https://mmo-champion.com/

hope you like WoW  :p
    AlBQuirky