Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No one mentioned this but Video on Perception Storylines

SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
In case anyone is curious

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
Amathe[Deleted User]Kumaponcheyane

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Nyctelios said:
    People are complaining about missing content due the perception system where I'm just really excited to have certain experiences tailored by my actions, even if they were by mistake.

Kids there days only follow guides to do stuff forgot what RPG is all about. 'Let it be and enjoy'.
    Are they? That's a shame if that's true. For me I'm ok with not seeing something if it means I see "something else."

I'm not a big believer that all content should be available if a players' actions can introduce alternate content.

[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Stuff like that will really set Pantheon apart, but I also fear it will set them back. I hope they have or are acquiring the talent necessary to build that out for the entire game.

The forest is also looking excellent. They are really pushing the quality hard.
    Amathe

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    From a solo gameplay perspective it looks good. Just not sure how this will work out in a group focused mmo they’re trying to build. 
    delete5230Amathe[Deleted User]
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited June 2020
    achesoma said:
    From a solo gameplay perspective it looks good. Just not sure how this will work out in a group focused mmo they’re trying to build. 
    Absolutely what I was thinking.

You'll never get duo that would care what YOUR DOING on the side.  

Running to and from reading one liners that may not amount to anything.  

This can all be done by reading a one time long text from an NPC in any other game.... Most don't even care about that.

Will their be a prize at the end ?..... Their better be or people will start blowing this off.

To coordinate an effort such as this everyone in the group better be on "voice chat" and be like minded to even care.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I can't say I am sold on the perception system. But I am definitely sold on the art style and the living, breathing world they are making.
    achesoma

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited June 2020
    I thought the perception system was more like visually seeing a prize glowing in the wilderness or city.  Or seeing attributes on mobs or have them react a different way..... Actually I think their was a video that demonstrated this at one point. The pug was fighting guards. It's like they NOW simplified the perception system. 

Dialog were only hints where to find this, and also for hints for quest. 

Maybe still is and the video was a BASIC demonstration.... I hope so.

Also points in climbing skill has to be high for both you and your group or others can't help.  The ONLY THING I like about modern mmorpg's is they don't make the player FORCE SPEND points on basic necessities.
    Post edited by delete5230 on
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
    As far as perception goes, I know it's something unique - but I can already tell I'm going to be looking up stuff online just to do them in a timely manner. Wandering around the woods and revealing it's a root in the ground that I need to click on without any clues will be neat the first 10 times, but after that it's going to be long in the tooth for sure.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I feel that as players if this happens to us the very first time it would be a very good way to discover the world and interact with it. Often though because we do this so much, we create many alts and I'm guilty of this and stuff like this becomes route. That is the sad part but that isn't the fault of the game though. 

I think playing only one character is the right way to experience this game. Take the character all the way and follow the journey and I am definitely excited about this and to play with other people who are similarly experiencing this for the first time too. Naturally if you have someone in the group who has already discovered it and they have no patience to not spoil it by telling the others what they should do things would become tedious. Again the fault is with the player but what happens to the game once everyone has discovered everything but that is the case in every game isn't it? Should we avoid new systems simply because players will treat it like a chore to be done in the end.

I do love this and look forward to seeing further development in this area.
    Chamber of Chains
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It is kind of a cool idea but TBH, watching that demo I kept thinking about the old adventure games with hunt and peck game play where you were constantly hovering your mouse over absolutely everything just trying to find the right non-obvious object to click on... that gets old fast and is one of the main reasons those types of games have virtually disappeared. 
    AmatheachesomaKyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

I can't usually get a group to pause long enough for me to go pick up a quest item laying on the floor across a room. 

So no way would I expect most groups to accommodate my need to talk to a tree person for 10-15 minutes.

But as others have said, it's an awesome solo activity (or carefully selected groups who all want the same thing).
    Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Iselin said:
    It is kind of a cool idea but TBH, watching that demo I kept thinking about the old adventure games with hunt and peck game play where you were constantly hovering your mouse over absolutely everything just trying to find the right non-obvious object to click on... that gets old fast and is one of the main reasons those types of games have virtually disappeared. 
    Those games ruined me. I still mouse over and click everything. Which has resulted in some encounters starting early, and me getting cussed at.
    IselinKyleran

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I can't see how anyone could be against a dedicated system for giving you stories that isn't mandatory and doesn't interfere with quest or adventure systems. It's completely separate for those who want it, as opposed to the normal way which is to mix it all together and force them to read and do a bunch of stuff they have no interest in to get a bunch of uninspired rewards.
    lahnmirachesoma