Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 Update Discusses Test Server and More

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageFallout 76 Update Discusses Test Server and More

A recent blog from the Fallout 76 team looks at PTS, an upcoming double XP weekend, and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    edited May 2020
    Is this game worth buying yet? Waiting for half price sale. Is it making a comback like No Man's Sky did?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392

Tokken said:

Is this game worth buying yet? Waiting for half price sale. Is it making a comback like No Man's Sky did?

I have fun playing it.
    Does it have problems; Yes.
    Has it made a complete turn around like NMS (which I also play); No.
    Do I let the above answers stop me from playing and enjoying what it offers; No.

Asking on these forums for peoples opinions on a heavily controversial game like FO76 will most likely leave you frustrated and confused.

Just sayin'...
    KyleranTokkenkitaradstrawhat0981Sarla
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I think @Kyleran is probably right. Fun game if you can be patient with its imperfections.
    Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• hupahupa Member UncommonPosts: 157
    I haven't regretted buying it for a second. I'm paying for the subscription too.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    hupa said:
    I haven't regretted buying it for a second. I'm paying for the subscription too.
    Ha, I've even got a 2nd account, call me "topper."   

Hey, it was only $15.00 in the GS bargin bin.   :)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Kyleran said:
    hupa said:

You getting a second account isn't an indication of quality. You had like 6 accounts right in EvE.
    [Deleted User]

kitarad said:
    Kyleran said:
    hupa said:

You getting a second account isn't an indication of quality. You had like 6 accounts right in EvE.
    Of course not, just shows I can drink more Kool-Aid

;) 
    kitarad[Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Tokken said:

I have fun playing it.
    Do I let the above answers stop me from playing and enjoying what it offers; No.

Asking on these forums for peoples opinions on a heavily controversial game like FO76 will most likely leave you frustrated and confused.

Just sayin'...
    Well then YOU can help the cause,you claim you enjoy it,tell people WHY?

Typically what i see on forums is 90% the time some fanbois insulting someone else because all they want to hear is high fives all around.
    I often try and make points but people don't read or pay attention at all,they are just a lot better at insults.

FYI.i personally read tons of threads because i am ALWAYS on the lookout for a new game,i can't test or trial everything.So i look for information that can possibly lead me to want to at least check a game out.

Geesh i bought and put hundreds,maybe thousands of hours into a 4x game because someone suggested it in these forums.

So if you like a game,tell people why,what makes it BETTER than say another game doing the exact same thing?I mean there are a LOT of APOC games out there to choose from.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:

Tokken said:

I have fun playing it.

Just sayin'...
    Well then YOU can help the cause,you claim you enjoy it,tell people WHY?

Typically what i see on forums is 90% the time some fanbois insulting someone else because all they want to hear is high fives all around.
    I often try and make points but people don't read or pay attention at all,they are just a lot better at insults.

FYI.i personally read tons of threads because i am ALWAYS on the lookout for a new game,i can't test or trial everything.So i look for information that can possibly lead me to want to at least check a game out.

Geesh i bought and put hundreds,maybe thousands of hours into a 4x game because someone suggested it in these forums.

So if you like a game,tell people why,what makes it BETTER than say another game doing the exact same thing?I mean there are a LOT of APOC games out there to choose from.
    Great camp system provides great customization options for both form and feature.

Interesting Perk card system which permits great flexibility in builds.

Terrific in game camera systems which has my friends and I sharing our best photos of our recent adventures.

Decent set of socialization tools and a community that really doesn't suck very much, which is saying a lot coming Friday one who hates most of humanity.

Finally, best of all....heavy guns, I carry a pair of .50s, also a .5mm Gatling, .5mm mini, and .2mm Gauss mini guns, switched out with the occasional Gatling plasma or laser guns.

Strap on the jet pack equipped power armor and I soar better than a Mandalorian.

IMO no multiplayer game exceeds FO76 in any of these areas...but of course, YMMV.

Cheers