Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Live Stream Today Will Focus on Community Q&A

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageAshes of Creation Live Stream Today Will Focus on Community Q&A

A new Ashes of Creation live stream is set to take place today, featuring a community Q&A.

Read the full story here

Comments

• zakinzakin Member UncommonPosts: 46
    I had high hopes for this game but it looks like it’s just another PvP centric game and they never last for long as PvPers always jump to the next shiny game when it’s released
    bcbullySamhael
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    When they released that BR whatever it is i was really dissapointed, but last video gave me some hope, and now i click on their stream which was 3 hours ago and got 302 views wtf?
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388

zakin said:

I had high hopes for this game but it looks like it’s just another PvP centric game and they never last for long as PvPers always jump to the next shiny game when it’s released

The game is very PvP centric, but mainly because the players are charged with shaping the world.

There will be a robust amount of PvE content and an exciting amount of Artisan Stuff, but yes you will always be vulnerable to PvP.

The Freehold Video today was amazing. Like Major Hype
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2020
    My memory is so bad that it often frustrates me however i had a flash memory go off and made me happy lol.

I was trying to remember the guy that was a part of this game since day 1 and an actual friend of Steven.

So i remembered which stunned me lol.I searched for a new video and sure enough he had 2.

It was nice to see some things working "somewhat" in game but there were also a few ideas that are bad and just seems like they won't go away from mmorpg's.

So the NODE system was gimmick rigged to sort of work but not as fully intended but at least we got to see it work and on the surface looks cool.I say on the surface because there is imo a HUGE drawback to this system.For the most part you will see small visual changes,a few new npc's i guess what you would expect.

My complaint is that the CRUX of the idea is basically ONE person ,the "MAYOR"gets to have the fun while your just a patsy.The Mayor is voted on,how is that even a legit system,obviously the largest guild will all vote on THEIR player to be the mayor and the majority won't even know who these people are.The Mayor decides what building will go up and where it goes up,which is in some vacant lot with a sign and a npc.

Your part in the deal is you get to choose what to support,so if you like the idea of an Armory you can do whatever quest that structure asks,like "fetch me 500 lumber"sort of ordeal.So people in the game come to the aid of structures being built.

Now a quick run down on ideas that irked me

1 Flying mounts,this idea should be VERY late game,otherwise it becomes the ONLY mount anyone cares about.Nobody will traverse the game world,everyone will just fly over it.

2 No yellow markers over npc heads !!! Hip HIP Hooray !!! umm wait a minute.They only got it 1/2 right,the nameplates are green to make them standout...sigh

3 Harvesting nodes have sparkles..GRRRRRRRR ; ; oh HELL NO.QUIT putting hand holding crap in my games.

4 Last thing that worries me.I hear lots of chatter about people wanting a more ACTION oriented combat.As it is now, seems more in line of how i like to see it.The LAST thing i want to see is every single encounter people are doing somersaults across my screen.If i see one somersault on screen,i would instantly exit game and delete it.

Other than these few things the game actually appears to be ok,so far.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Mayor^^ These kind of things in games are so stupid and also where you can as guild leader get all gold. I mean make it fair, and split equally among all guild members who participated in lets say sieges.

In most of guilds leader say "we" keep gold because we need to repair, build etc and you never see him farming etc just doing pvp ^^ Make game fair...and some people will say well, then dont join guild -.- I mean you and your whole guild are attacking/defending and all you get is nothing or some kind of reward for staying in guild while all gold goes to leader, spend 50% on repair/build and say 100% of gold is gone on repair/build -.-

Voting in games are useless as Wizardy said, get alliance of top 4 guilds and thats it.
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    So for the Mayor, there are 103 Nodes in the game, and give or take how many of them are going to be developed to the stage where they have a Mayor, you are looking at about 50 Nodes (maybe more)

Plus, while there is a mayor, there are also other town officials that will have stuff they need to accomplish.  

As far as the Gold, I'm not sure where Haki88 is quoting from, but the only 5 people in the game who can remove gold from the Node System are the 5 Regional Kings, and they can only remove a portion of the tax revenue from the tax system.

I was taking in general, not just this specific game.