Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Magic: Legends Announces Closed Alpha in new State of Development Blog

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageMagic: Legends Announces Closed Alpha in new State of Development Blog

Magic: Legends has published their first State of Development blog on their website from Executive Producer Stephen Ricossa, and announced an upcoming Close Alpha test.

Read the full story here

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    It’sa free to play game run by cryptic. Cryptic will run into the ground for at least ten years and then as long as it doesn’t lose money they will keep it going indefinitely. I hate PWE and Cryptic with A passion cuz they land great IP and turn them into gambling box vehicles and take advantage of people weakness using addiction psychology
    I've always fancied myself being able to resist the P2W but when I think back I too have spent more money on some games like Path of Exile for bank space and stuff, DDO for a lot of stuff, Archeage, a few others I ended up spending more than a monthly sub would have been, much to my chagrin you can be sure. I tell myself that is fine because it is not P2W just some inventory or cosmetic like I wanted to support Path of Exile and I bought an outfit or two.

I think we can distinguish between clear PTW games and I always want to support games I enjoy and take a sub where possible. What I object to is when you make me buy things that involve opening boxes and chance mechanics. This is a big 'no' and I don't do it but if it does impact my gameplay then I leave the game. In a lot of games you can avoid it but when you also introduce chance to upgrading gear like BDO then I only play the parts of the game I enjoy and ignore the rest and when I leave it I don't have to feel like used toilet paper.

However in a lot of cases you can still play a game and not be taken in by the gambling. I actually avoid it because I think I may be susceptible, lot of gamblers in my family so better to be safe than sorry.

Games don't have to be avoided as a rule. Do it ad hoc. Check how it works hell I played Black Desert Online and enjoyed it a lot. Never touched any P2W. 

• KaliGoldKaliGold Member UncommonPosts: 130
    They have not announced their monetization strategy yet on this game. Those of us on the PC will find out THIS YEAR what that is. I'm holding judgment until then.

My main concern right now is - how does the game play, and is it worth my time? I hope to find out soon enough.
  • spintecatorspintecator Member UncommonPosts: 1
    "The highly-anticipated" and I never heard of it....
    Sarla
  • darvin123darvin123 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I think only adolescent are interested in playing these games.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited May 2020
    "The highly-anticipated" and I never heard of it....
    Magic the collectable card game series, you've never heard of it ? Which rock were you living under? Many people know about CCG Magic and there is obviously a fanbase that this game is trying to attract and expand by also snagging the ARPG fans. So those people would definitely have heard of this development so 'highly anticipated' isn't an exaggeration if you base it on it's already legion of fans.

I've never played the card game but I've heard of it.

• SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 316
    LOL as soon as I saw this I almost puked

"Perfect World"