Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Odin: Valhalla, a Nordic black Desert.

OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,226
edited May 28 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

https://mmoculture.com/2020/05/odin-valhalla-rising-publisher-announced-for-upcoming-epic-mmorpg/ Might be fun once it hits the west. Will be in SK first, of course.

Here's the developer site https://www.lionhearts.co.kr/#2   Kakao will be publishing.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,556
    Looks good graphically, but every single aspect just looks like BDO. Could be a neat reskin of the game though depending on how the systems are all set up. 
    OG_Zorvan
  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,475
    pretty but..... would rather have a Scandinavian developer.
    Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,226
    Tokken said:
    pretty but..... would rather have a Scandinavian developer.
    True, but depending how the world is built could still be good for an inbetween. Apparently, some of the confirmed locations are Midgard, Jotunheim, Niflheim, and Alfheim.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,475
    edited May 28
    I am Scandinavian and was hoping for some accurate lore......  maybe it will be.... to a point.  I've been wanting a good Viking like game for awhile.
    OG_ZorvanRhoklaw
    Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,164
    The graphics are awesome, those monsters are just badass.
    I just hope they will keep the good aspects of BDO (notably the crafting/housing node system) while not keeping the bad ones (notably locked sex/class system, and cash shop driven grind).

Give me a viking BDO without the fixed sex per class and the lame gear grind and cash shop, and I'll gladly pay a sub to play it.
    kitaradOG_Zorvan
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Intel Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EVO 8GB DDR6 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Samsung U32J590 32" 4K monitor - Second display: Philips 273v 27" monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset - Sound: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,033
    The biggest flaw is it will be minimum, 2 years before anyone sees it outside South Korea.

Does it look good? Sure but get back to me in 2 years.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 4,206
    edited May 29
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,465
    DMKano said:
    The graphics are awesome, those monsters are just badass.
    I just hope they will keep the good aspects of BDO (notably the crafting/housing node system) while not keeping the bad ones (notably locked sex/class system, and cash shop driven grind).

Give me a viking BDO without the fixed sex per class and the lame gear grind and cash shop, and I'll gladly pay a sub to play it.

It's a korean game, published by Cashcow.... of course its gonna be super heavy on cash shop and grind

*mock sneeze* Asian Cash Grab! *another mock sneeze* Cultural Appropriation! That is all.
    My 5th grade grammar doesn't allow me to know what Cultural appropriation is, but "Asian Cash Grab" sounds about right.

Yet people here will play it :)
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,814
    The Norse is skin deep in this one.  Wish they'd just done their own spin on Ice Barbarians.  But that would probably have required a lot more work than their blatant textreplace.  This doesn't look like it comes up to Disney level appropriation, and that's a pretty low bar.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,416
    edited May 30
    DMKano said:

Female characters in high heels... that is so not viking themed, its cringeworthy...

/smh
    again, not supposed to be realistic. There "should" of course be games that realistic or at least coming as close as possible without becoming pedantic, but it's ok to be stylistic.

Asian games, many asian games, seem to be about the character as super hero. They are about slick looking, beautifully dressed and rendered people who wield fantastical weapons that are beyond what normal humans would/could wield.

I should add at :35 I felt like yelling "Trollll!"

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,115
    free2play said:
    The biggest flaw is it will be minimum, 2 years before anyone sees it outside South Korea.

Does it look good? Sure but get back to me in 2 years.

This is the only thing I care about. We need these games to launch in the West around the same time they launch in the East. 

Game looks amazing. Just give me dedicated classes with roles with alot of group content and I am happy. 
    Sovrath
  • halidozhalidoz Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Mm that is amazing 
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    I see the BDO but where is the Nordic? Nothing about the architecture, environment or characters says Norse to me.
  • sneazzy95sneazzy95 Newbie CommonPosts: 17
    I expected something a bit better for the architecture 
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 2,926
    Nah.  Usual Asian crap.  Stupid combat moves with a kaleidoscope of flashy lights, characters screeching and screaming like chimps in heat, weapons the size and weight of a family car...  and that cliche Superhero Landing.  :D  Big nope.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,577
    I figured someone would copy BDOs style and graphics. In 2020 graphics>gameplay...It didn't used to be that way.
    Rhoklaw
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,940
    It is like a beautiful girl decked out in ridiculous amounts of makeup and clothes, looks sexy on the outside, but you know on the inside she is an utter nightmare.

That is what this game looks like. It is automatically excluded for my time to even read about it due to style, origin of studio, and its available on mobile.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.