Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ordered my Pc .

xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,495
edited May 22 in Hardware
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (back ordered)

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite ( got this because of usb on the back, plenty of slots for all my music tools)

G Skill Trident Z 16gig 3200 (8 x 2)

Coolmaster MasterLiquid Closed loop ( I have a coolmaster now and it worked great)

Thermaltake ToughPower 850watt psu (Back Ordered)

Team Group 500gig SSD (going to make my old SSD into the windows drive.)

Lian Li Lancool II X (factory direct and just released today)
-------------------------------------------------------

total $900+

Looking forward to building this computer :) 

There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
"Dragons are tilly folly !"
tzervo

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,290
    As long as you don't expect to see your new computer in action after you've build it. You can't attach monitor to it.

• xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,495
    Vrika said:
    As long as you don't expect to see your new computer in action after you've build it. You can't attach monitor to it.
    Carrying over a RX580 >.<
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,512
    edited May 22
    So the obvious issue with having so many cores is they are not all alike.

I find it odd that AMD stated that it is possible only ONE core can reach it's claimed O/C speeds when in fact when tested it is pretty much a given.

This means you will NOT reach the claimed speeds,i forget the difference 3600 and 3600X,it is like 4.2 and 4.4mhz i think.

The actual game testing results is what matters and can be hit n miss.It is funny seeing how small the increments are from chip to chip.Good thing is the 3600 series is reasonably priced.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited May 22
    Wizardry said:

I find it odd that AMD stated that it is possible only ONE core can reach it's claimed O/C speeds when in fact when tested it is pretty much a given.

This means you will NOT reach the claimed speeds,i forget the difference 3600 and 3600X,it is like 4.2 and 4.4mhz i think.

The actual game testing results is what matters and can be hit n miss.It is funny seeing how small the increments are from chip to chip.Good thing is the 3600 series is reasonably priced.

regardless it's better then my fx8350 by a decent margin. I took a long time with watching gamer nexus and some other sites, there was more positives then negatives for the ryzen 5 3600 entry level process to get me set up for 4000series in 2022ish. 

Intel chips are almost exactly the same they too will have core differentials per node. That just the reality of multicores.

Yes I game, but also do multimedia. Blender, after effects ableton live ect. 
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 21,938
    Wizardry said:

Actually, AMD's cores are all treated as identical.  Intel does the "favored core" stuff on a handful of their high end products, but AMD doesn't.

AMD's quoted max turbo clock speeds are estimates.  While it is true that for some people, you won't see the quoted speed for thermally significant amounts of time, other people will see the CPU clock higher than the claimed speed for extended amounts of time even while running at stock settings with the stock cooler.
    xD_Gamingtzervo
    edited May 27
    Mad scamble today, I saw for 1 brief minte Newegg had R5 3600X in stock, so I dropped my back order and got the 3600x , then I needed a PSU. Thermaltake RGB is sold out everywhere. So I was not able to get a 850watt psu so I settled on a Corsair RM750X

So with that change I was over buget of 50+ dollars.

Got my mobo / ssd / ram and cpu coooling today  so im pretty stoked on that.
    Now waiting on cpu / psu / ESD grounding mat kit. 

Funny story, I got a letter from the IRS today, I was look "o crap" , thankful it was a letter form POTUS xD 
    having a hard time being positive and build my PC. All the parts came and I just feel sad :( 
    xD_Gaming said:
    having a hard time being positive and build my PC. All the parts came and I just feel sad :( 
    Meaning that you tried to build it and something didn't work, or you just don't feel motivated to try?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,512
    I wish the best that your parts are not scams/fakes.You can check the serial numbers.

You can watch tons of online videos to help you put it together.Linus Tech Tips has a few videos where he tries to guide a few kids to put together a free PC he gave them.

I guess the only thing that is seldom shown  is hiding the wires/cable management.However they will tell you about the markings on the chip and mobo .I assume you checked your parts to make sure your mobo supports them.

Good luck...stay positive,just think there are lot's of far worse things in life to worry about,it's just a bunch of silicon and transistors.Don't be quick to turn the power on,look everything over step by step one more time.
    xD_Gaming

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited June 6
    Quizzical said:
    xD_Gaming said:
    Meaning that you tried to build it and something didn't work, or you just don't feel motivated to try?
    just didn't feel motivated, I took a day to get my mind right and decided to stay off of twitter ect. Got it built, fired up on the first power up. Installed w10 with my old w7 pro key , added the rest of the hard drives. 

This was the smoothest build I've ever did :) 

I'm so happy with how it turned. The Lian Li Lancool II arguably thebest case in the price point. All the cabling was clean and just seeing it is inpiring :). Full rgb control on the mob for all LED's , it is just a great feeling that I built this.

I'm running a sith dark red so that the LEDS aren't distracting. 
    Post edited by xD_Gaming on
    Octagon7711AmatheOzmodantzervo
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,696
    Yeah the parts issue is bad.  I have people on the inside and I still can't get the parts I need to build an AMD PC.  Intel is no problem.   
    Gdemami
    Ozmodan said:
    Yeah the parts issue is bad.  I have people on the inside and I still can't get the parts I need to build an AMD PC.  Intel is no problem.   
    What parts are you unable to get for an AMD PC?  A quick check at New Egg finds plenty of stock of basically everything Navi or third gen Ryzen.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,696
    Quizzical said:
    Ozmodan said:
    What parts are you unable to get for an AMD PC?  A quick check at New Egg finds plenty of stock of basically everything Navi or third gen Ryzen.
    Motherboards and CPUs and no I never buy parts over the internet.

Gdemami
    edited June 13
    Quizzical said:
    Ozmodan said:
    mobos, I got my mobo on a whim when I saw it was instock, sweating bullits until I saw the shipping notice #xD 

Mobos, PSU's,Closed loop cooling are the hardest hit items. I gave up ona few wants for what I could get. One thing I was determined to get though was the Lian Li Lan Cool 2 #xD  
    Corsair PSU bit the dust. have to RMA it #rip
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 3,167
    edited June 14
    xD_Gaming said:
    Corsair PSU bit the dust. have to RMA it #rip

Corsair quality is not all that great tbh, I dunno if it's always been like this but I have been hanging out in their forums last few months, I have a k55 keyboard, and boy oh boy they get a fair amount of people unhappy with the quality of their products.

From led's that should last 5 years even running 24/7 dying in under 12 months, to ram being faulty due to the led bling on it, software issues, mechanical key going kaput etc etc

Have to say I haven't been looking into the PSU boards though so might be different for that but really they just rebrand PSU's made by others.

I don't bust my arse with PSU selection much anymore and just look out for seasonic gold and plat psu's now barring a really good sale on a rebrand psu that you can research to see who it's actually made by and if it's on par.

I definitely do not buy bronze rated PSU's anymore.

Gdemami

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,032
    Corsair used to be top notch on the PSU front - one of the rare brands where pretty much every model was bulletproof.

That changed about ... 3 years ago or so. Probably in the name of chasing profits, they started to cut corners. The first I can remember being a stinker was the RM650; when it first released it couldn’t hit full load without overheating.

Today Seasonic is the only PSU vendor I trust more or less implicitly, everyone else needs to have a rock solid review from a reputable source.
    edited June 15
    I was surprised as well that corsair died. I feel it is do too their silent technology where the psu fan shuts completely off when in light ot medium loads. 

When I was installing Phantasy Star 2 is when it started to chop wood. It was a horrible sound

I have a cx550 here and it been running for 10 + years now, my old machine had corsiar vewngeance sticks, no problems.

Now I have my 1100 watt ultra which is pretty old and everything is working. I'm running everything hard ,because I only have 14 days left for RMA's after that I will have to go directly to vendors :/ 

I may try seasonic , but they seem to be pricier in the wattages I would like get. Might go with  a Thermaltake.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,946
    edited June 15
    I saw your post and it spurred me into looking to upgrade my system and decided to finally bite the bullet.   Was going to get a Ryzen 3700x and pair it with a new x570MB... but they are all sold out unless you want to get into the $350-$400 range for the MB.   That's crazy talk IMHO.   Even the older gen boards are sold out.

Was going to be my first AMD computer ever...  may have to go back and look at Intel again.

Edit:  Looks like a new Chipset b550 launches tomorrow... maybe that can save the day :)

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    OzmodanxD_Gaming

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

I wonder if motherboard manufacturers were wary of overproducing B450 and X570 models, figuring that there wouldn't be very much demand for either once the B550 motherboards were available.
    Ozmodan
    Quizzical said:
    I wonder if motherboard manufacturers were wary of overproducing B450 and X570 models, figuring that there wouldn't be very much demand for either once the B550 motherboards were available.
    I do not know but I was researching the B550 boards late last night on Newegg and noticed even those pre-orders were going out of stock.  So I grabbed my second choice and lucky I did because as of this morning it is also out of stock.

Now I just have to hope it actually ships today.  Say's it's "packaging" now.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

Quizzical said:
    I do not know but I was researching the B550 boards late last night on Newegg and noticed even those pre-orders were going out of stock.  So I grabbed my second choice and lucky I did because as of this morning it is also out of stock.

if you get a tracking number it shipped.
    xD_Gaming said:
    Quizzical said:

if you get a tracking number it shipped.
    Yeah... not yet.  The other parts shipped.  That one says "packaging".   They DID charge me though, so I am hopeful!

a charge is good sign. They will not charge for back orders, but will charge for pre-orders.
    xD_Gaming said:
    a charge is good sign. They will not charge for back orders, but will charge for pre-orders.
    Shipped :)   ETA Friday.   Now the fun begins!
    Ridelynn