Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I've Gotten to Max Level in One Wow-Clone MMORPG, I've Gotten to Max Level in Them All

124»

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,138
    Well your idea is fascinating.

No doubt about that.
    Ancient_Exile
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,940
    edited June 7
    I have a similar thought process to OP.

WoW, LOTRO, L2, and those types are overall very similar, i've been there and done that. 

There are minor differences but the overall the overall goal is the same with few minor differences.

I wont even bother playing an MMORPG unless there is something truly innovative and unique that provides a new experience.

EVE is a great game, id probably still play if i had time. Project entropia is very unique in its real cash economy and one of the main reasons i play.

Otherwise, there are no other MMORPGs that are unique or innovative enough for me to try.

Perhaps, Star Citizen if it comes out, but the scope and genre are relatively unique enough to get me to try it.

For me and mmorpg, innovation and uniqueness are most important because if you played a few of them, they are so similar and im done playing thr gear grind BS. 

I still play path of exile every other league until a char 80+ dies and then i stop. I did do something weird and buy a ps4 for a baseball game and played competitively and it was fun.

But im on a 1v1 competitive streak playing starcraft 2 and rocket league.
    Ancient_Exile
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,577
    I made it to max level (well 70 at the time) in WoW, but by the time I did I was so burnt out on quests that I just couldnt do them anymore.....I tried a few games that followed the same roadmap as WoW (Rift, LoTRO, and a few others) but I just couldn't do it for any length of time...ALmsot every one of them I was done in elss than a month...That counts ESO, FFXIV, GW2, and all the other "great" MMOs that I keep reading about here.

So, in your opinion, ESO doesn't really offer an experience that varies greatly from any other of the MMORPGs you've played?

No I felt like all I was doing was running around trying to find questgivers then just running back and forth, and I disliked the scaling greatly. THe combat was less than stellar as were teh animations. Like otehrs, I was hoping it would be Skyrim Online rather than what it turned out to be. Maybe I picked a bad class or a bad starting spot, but it just was nothing special at all.
    Ancient_Exile