Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyers Beware

paulolesonpauloleson Member UncommonPosts: 31
With the expansion called the "Greymoor Chapter" set to release next week, Tuesday May 26th, 2020 I wanted to create this post as a buyer beware.
First, ask yourself this question. Do you enjoy and/or want to PvP in Elder Scrolls Online?

If you answered "No", to this question then this warning has no applicability to you, please feel free to buy and play the expansion, you will probably enjoy it quite a bit.

Now if you answered "Yes", to this question then please see the warning below.

PvP in Elder Scrolls Online has become terribly affected by huge latency/lag issues combined with recent changes that literally prevent players from queuing up to play PvP together. That's right, this is the first MMORPG i've run into that will not allow you to queue for a battlegrounds with a friend, guild member, or anyone for that matter, they completely removed the ability to queue with other players in any fashion for PvP. Next, the server that hosts their massive "open world" PvP environment called Cyrodiil has become literally unplayable for months now. The latency is so bad that players on average experience a 2-5 second delay after activating an ability during peak times, and no it has nothing to do with how many players are on your screen. When you do find a group of players to PvP with/against that delay increases from 2-5 seconds to anywhere of 5-10 seconds and occasionally doesn't even read your key input at all.

So you may be asking yourself, is this guy just disgruntle, maybe he just lacks skill, or maybe he has no idea what he is talking about. I employ you to do your own research, go check out the ESO forums, you will literally see hundreds of these complaints.

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,026
    edited May 19

But more importantly... can you instantly access the cash shop with all of its animated functionality or have the full loot box animated experience with no input lag in Cyrodiil?

I haven't played it for a year but I bet there are zero performance issues associated with that :)
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • g0dl355g0dl355 Member UncommonPosts: 314
    ESO pvp is plagued by crap performance and an overall shitty experience mainly because of light attack weaving through animation cancellation that bogs down the server. At this point most people understand that ESO is to be enjoyed for its story, questing, RP, and player housing.
    GdemamiMsGamerlady

• Oscar33Oscar33 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    I usually play ESO in RP, but recently I read an article, I became interested in PVP. I am already bored and looking for another, more interesting game mode. Anyone play PVP regularly? 
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,459
    Oscar33 said:
    I usually play ESO in RP, but recently I read an article, I became interested in PVP. I am already bored and looking for another, more interesting game mode. Anyone play PVP regularly? 
    Yeah, I do little else but pvp in ESO. 
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,891
    I've never had issues with PvP, but if they did in fact remove group join for battlegrounds, that would suck.