Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They should just remove all chat in games

LonesolsLonesols Member UncommonPosts: 210
edited May 11 in General Gaming
I am not sure when this trend happened but it did. Back when I started in 99 I dont recall any one getting banned for typing didn't matter what they typed. Then something happened from then to now, now all people want is for people who upset them to be banned lol. It got real bad in the recent years, but what ever the reason its stupid. No one ever should be banned for typing in a game all games have ignore buttons. The people who want to make people lose money and game time for typing are insane and evil being the most toxic people on the planet. 

So since every one is a 6 year old little girl and wants every one banned cause they got their feelings hurt by some one typing on the internet, they really just need to remove chat completely from multiplayer games. Nope I don't mean cause I can't handle you calling me names and type a bunch of garbage lol, its because you can't. I don't want any one banned for typing there is a ignore button, it is the biggest waste of time trying to monitor and ban people chatting. The reason is because it make que times higher, and less people to group with. 

The people who get banned won't want to group because they are gonna get banned for upsetting some one, or they don't care and just make more accounts. So either way lose some one in the que or group with. The little girls won't want to group cause they are to scared to be called a name. It turns into a worthless cycle and every one loses, which is why every mmorpg gets less social. 

So a game I played on mobile call of duty mobile battle Royale has no chat, and the ques are instant and im sure no one gets banned for typing cause there is no chat, at least in game. There is vocie chat but no one uses it. 

I am sure there will be at least 1 person who wants me banned for writing this haha, cause I called every one who wants people banned for typing little girls.  Some where along the lines some one forgot to tell people you can ignore some one, especially on the internet. You don't even have to read it and you are the one making your self angry lol. You have control over your brain chemicals not some one calling you a little girl. Guess we all decented into pure retardation with no control and everything is some one else's fault, and should be banned haha. 

To make you feel better if you got this far, I've been banned from everything haha. There is only one site that has never banned me fox news. Steam bans me all the time, blizzard bans me all the time, reddit just perm bans me as soon as I type haha. Swtor threatened to ban me cause I said something in the pvp chat about how its retarded for low levels and they could make it better. 

It was different though back in the day I remember ulitma online some one stole my boat key haha I called him all kinds of names, and then wrote UO and called them all kinds of names they didn't ban me though they just said it was a part of the game and they were sorry. 
GdemamiKyleranAncient_ExileIselinalkarionlogkatzklaw

Comments

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 1,947
    PVP games removed chat cause in those types of games emotions rise and some people become toxic. It's a natural human behavior and should really not viewed as a reason to take away the right to speak from everyone. When I was young and played sports I could count on ten hands how many times something inappropriate was said but it's to be expected in competitive situations. We are not all zen master saints when it comes to controlling our feelings.

I like having a multiplayer experience in my multiplayer games and chat is a very big part of that. Please don't take away my right to speak cause some chode is misbehaving.
    GdemamiAncient_Exile
  • LonesolsLonesols Member UncommonPosts: 210
    BruceYee said:
    PVP games removed chat cause in those types of games emotions rise and some people become toxic. It's a natural human behavior and should really not viewed as a reason to take away the right to speak from everyone. When I was young and played sports I could count on ten hands how many times something inappropriate was said but it's to be expected in competitive situations. We are not all zen master saints when it comes to controlling our feelings.

I like having a multiplayer experience in my multiplayer games and chat is a very big part of that. Please don't take away my right to speak cause some chode is misbehaving.
    Hahah your right don't make me laugh. You don't have a right to chat in a game. If you had a right they couldn't ban you cause some one called you a little girl. As for you equaling real life to a video game there's half your problem. At no time ever did i take the internet or game chats as equal to real life at all lol. It is pure entertainment, and nothing more. Though I do find it amusing when some one manages to get me mad, or I get them mad haha. Usually its me getting them mad, which is why I get banned from everything haha. Though I don't just randomly call people names in real life or in sports, I mean come on. 

I will go by your logic and its a right haha. So stop being wanting to ban my right to speak cause you are so easily offended hahaha. I mean if I worked at it I can get 90 percent of the people I come into contact with online into a full blown rage within seconds. I'm a good listener ;) and twister of words. 

I remember one time in ever quest this guy stole my lamination Ieft on the ground for my other character and I saw him. I convinced him through tells I was tracking his ip and was gonna come for him haha and he gave it back that one took like 30 mins and a bunch of characters cause he blocked me haha. 

So nope they should take your right away to chat because you are gonna get butt hurt and want some one else right taken to chat, instead of just not reading their words and moving on haha. 
    GdemamiKyleranAncient_Exile
  • Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
     Any game I know of or at least played doesn't ban you for calling someone a little girl. They ban you for violating the ToS. If you are getting banned from chat in games its because you are toxic. You know how many times I've been banned from chat in games in over 20+ years? None, O , nada and Ive had some pretty bad back and forthe in my younger days. Today ... I do like you said, just use the ignore function.

Now I don't know you personally and your welcome to your own opinion of no chat in games but It would seem just being a decent human being (ie non toxic)  would probably solve your issue.

KyleranAncient_ExileNepheth
    Bama1267 said:
     Any game I know of or at least played doesn't ban you for calling someone a little girl. They ban you for violating the ToS. If you are getting banned from chat in games its because you are toxic. You know how many times I've been banned from chat in games in over 20+ years? None, O , nada and Ive had some pretty bad back and forthe in my younger days. Today ... I do like you said, just use the ignore function.

Now I don't know you personally and your welcome to your own opinion of no chat in games but It would seem just being a decent human being (ie non toxic)  would probably solve your issue.

I dont have a issue lol I don't care if they ban me I'm not poor. Heroes of the strom  banned me prolly 25 times, that game bans you based on how many times some one reports you. My first ban was cause I was in the chat and it was a bunch of pot heads and I told them weed was a drug and should be treated as such and they all reported me at once and they banned me. Let's see i think I got the swtor one.

Here’s what we found:
    • Mahkasoul
    • Star Forge
    • Inappropriate used of language in chat logs

Chat logs:

2018-08-12T14:13:05 "lek i deem you the biggest nut sack swinger i have ever met"
    2018-08-12T14:05:46 "i will take satification you are gonna die soon"
    2018-08-12T14:00:01 "Women with dicks and weak men with vaginas,so fucking delicate like mommy's fine china,"
    2018-08-12T13:58:58 "all you other people just have bleeding vaginas and get butt hurt and personal when some one makes fun of swtor"

Haha that one was pretty funny though. 

My problem isn't I get banned im tough skinned and keep going. Most people aren't heroes of the strom is a good example they are so ban happy they banned like 10000 plus people from the game and the que times are some times 15 mins long now. Grouping in pve games is another thing that is almost impossible to do unless you really try hard. Most people won't even group unless they are in a guild, and every guild I've been in is some werid cult of nonsense and rules lol. 

I would much rather have no chat and more players than a gestop chat that is monitored and bans people for talking and makes every one either stop talking leave or conform. 

Chating isn't even useful in games either, I have never seen a player just instantly get better because some one nicely said you are doing it wrong. They either know what they are doing or they don't. It's like a fat person you aren't gonna get a fat person to lose weight by going hey you know if you stop eating so much you won't be fat. So since my goal is to have the most players possible I still think chat is against that serves no purpose and is a waste of money and time.
    GdemamiKyleranAncient_Exile
    edited May 11
    DMKano said:
    OP - people were getting banned in UO in 98, EQ1 in 99 for chat related stuff.

Sorry to inform 
    They never banned me. Don't remember them banning any one else either. I remember people getting banned for trying to sell stuff on the chat, I don't remember reading every some one talked shit in chat and got banned. Infact they still to this day they talk shit in uo chat and no one gets banned. I just did like a month ago called them all a bunch of raging retarded alocholics, the conversation went on for like a hour no one got banned. 

And why would you be sorry to inform hahaha the f is that suppose to mean. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,348
    edited May 12
    Smh.

Let's see if you can spot yourself.

The Definitive Guide to Trolls. 

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=179139
    BruceYee

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    Kyleran said:
    Smh.

Bookmarked for reading later at my leisure. 
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

Lonesols said:
    Bama1267 said:

I dont have a issue lol I don't care if they ban me I'm not poor. Heroes of the strom  banned me prolly 25 times, that game bans you based on how many times some one reports you. My first ban was cause I was in the chat and it was a bunch of pot heads and I told them weed was a drug and should be treated as such and they all reported me at once and they banned me. Let's see i think I got the swtor one.

Here’s what we found:
    • Mahkasoul
    • Star Forge
    • Inappropriate used of language in chat logs

Chat logs:

2018-08-12T14:13:05 "lek i deem you the biggest nut sack swinger i have ever met"
    2018-08-12T14:05:46 "i will take satification you are gonna die soon"
    2018-08-12T14:00:01 "Women with dicks and weak men with vaginas,so fucking delicate like mommy's fine china,"
    2018-08-12T13:58:58 "all you other people just have bleeding vaginas and get butt hurt and personal when some one makes fun of swtor"

Haha that one was pretty funny though. 

My problem isn't I get banned im tough skinned and keep going. Most people aren't heroes of the strom is a good example they are so ban happy they banned like 10000 plus people from the game and the que times are some times 15 mins long now. Grouping in pve games is another thing that is almost impossible to do unless you really try hard. Most people won't even group unless they are in a guild, and every guild I've been in is some werid cult of nonsense and rules lol. 

I would much rather have no chat and more players than a gestop chat that is monitored and bans people for talking and makes every one either stop talking leave or conform. 

Chating isn't even useful in games either, I have never seen a player just instantly get better because some one nicely said you are doing it wrong. They either know what they are doing or they don't. It's like a fat person you aren't gonna get a fat person to lose weight by going hey you know if you stop eating so much you won't be fat. So since my goal is to have the most players possible I still think chat is against that serves no purpose and is a waste of money and time.

You, sir, have a Potty Mouth.  Or Potty Fingers as it were.

Anyway, while I do agree with you in some respects, I don't think that removing all chat from multi-player games is the answer.  That would be allowing the Banners to win.  For you see, that would effectively be making all multi-player games into Safe Spaces. 

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,340
    Damn, this guy is such a troll, he keeps chat logs of his trolling to reminisce and brag about later.  LOL
    Ancient_ExileChildoftheShadows
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,364
    I don't want to lose the social aspect of any mmorog so that someone can say nasty enough things to get themselves banned. I have been playing these games since 2001 or 2002. The only time I was ever banned was briefly on the SWG boards for inviting the SWG player Chef representative to ... Well that's not really important. Let's just say I earned that ban. So if you pop off, man up and take your ban.
    Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Damn, this guy is such a troll, he keeps chat logs of his trolling to reminisce and brag about later.  LOL

"Trolls were ravenous, predatory species of giant humanoid found throughout almost all the regions and types of climates in Faerûn,[6] from arctic wastes to tropical jungles,[7] and came in several sub-species. They were uncivilized,[1] monstrous creatures with voracious appetites that roamed from one area to the next feeding upon whatever they could.[8]...

......Perhaps the most well-known factoid of trolls was their infamous regeneration. Whether a slash in its rubbery hide, or a dismembered limb, trolls could rapidly heal through most wounds. Only acid or fire could arrest the regeneration properties within a troll's flesh.[1] Dismembered limbs would continue to attack at opponents even after being severed.[7]"

Lonesols said:
    I am not sure when this trend happened but it did. Back when I started in 99 I dont recall any one getting banned for typing didn't matter what they typed. Then something happened from then to now, now all people want is for people who upset them to be banned lol. It got real bad in the recent years, but what ever the reason its stupid. No one ever should be banned for typing in a game all games have ignore buttons. The people who want to make people lose money and game time for typing are insane and evil being the most toxic people on the planet. 

So since every one is a 6 year old little girl and wants every one banned cause they got their feelings hurt by some one typing on the internet, they really just need to remove chat completely from multiplayer games. Nope I don't mean cause I can't handle you calling me names and type a bunch of garbage lol, its because you can't. I don't want any one banned for typing there is a ignore button, it is the biggest waste of time trying to monitor and ban people chatting. The reason is because it make que times higher, and less people to group with. 

The people who get banned won't want to group because they are gonna get banned for upsetting some one, or they don't care and just make more accounts. So either way lose some one in the que or group with. The little girls won't want to group cause they are to scared to be called a name. It turns into a worthless cycle and every one loses, which is why every mmorpg gets less social. 

So a game I played on mobile call of duty mobile battle Royale has no chat, and the ques are instant and im sure no one gets banned for typing cause there is no chat, at least in game. There is vocie chat but no one uses it. 

I am sure there will be at least 1 person who wants me banned for writing this haha, cause I called every one who wants people banned for typing little girls.  Some where along the lines some one forgot to tell people you can ignore some one, especially on the internet. You don't even have to read it and you are the one making your self angry lol. You have control over your brain chemicals not some one calling you a little girl. Guess we all decented into pure retardation with no control and everything is some one else's fault, and should be banned haha. 

To make you feel better if you got this far, I've been banned from everything haha. There is only one site that has never banned me fox news. Steam bans me all the time, blizzard bans me all the time, reddit just perm bans me as soon as I type haha. Swtor threatened to ban me cause I said something in the pvp chat about how its retarded for low levels and they could make it better. 

It was different though back in the day I remember ulitma online some one stole my boat key haha I called him all kinds of names, and then wrote UO and called them all kinds of names they didn't ban me though they just said it was a part of the game and they were sorry. 

"As for communication in games, I think it's totally realistic that I can talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere.  Global chat is excellent.  Obviously, all player characters are gifted with the supernatural ability to project their voices across vast distances.  They are also telepathic.  (Though honestly, it does kind of bug me when the girl I've been grouping with and power-leveling for the last few days seems to always be typing to someone else in private messages.)  Anyway, communication should always be simple, fast, and easy.  There's no reason why my character should need to visit a town square, a tavern, or even a guild hall to find people to group with.  That makes no sense at all.  And no way do I want to have to actually travel to the market or the auction house in order to buy or sell things.  It's a magical world, and everything should be magical.  Sure, we could post things on a bulletin board in taverns or whatever, but that would take way too much time.  Plus I hate waiting.  I want everything now, now, now."

GLOBAL CHAT IN MMORPGS IS AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY!!!

And Zone Chat/Trade Chat/Whatever Chat?  I don't know how I'd live without Zone Chat/Trade Chat/Whatever Chat.

Kyleran said:
    Smh.

I spotted some garbage. That is a guide on how to be a little girl I suppose. 

When trolls are completely ignored they sometimes step up their attacks, desperately seeking the attention they crave

That is just a out right lie. 

You probably think my original post was a troll post, if that is true then according to that logic if no one posted anything you think I would just spam the forum till some one did which is a lie. If no one posted anything I would of just moved on to something else. Not only that its meaningless because there is a ignore button lol only a rare person goes out of their way to get around the ignore button. 

Then right under that first garbage he puts this haha.

"The best response is to ignore it" Then he posts about if no one responses the person will stop. I mean what garbage. 

The person who wrote that post is a idiot. 

"Sometimes, he is skeptical, trying to scare people, trying to plant fear in their hearts"

Hahah that is true if you are weak minded enough to get scared on the internet i find it hilarous. 

So thanks for the link, you proved my point with all that. That wall of text about trolls and its following proves that most are incapable of just hitting the ignore button and are out for some werid troll revenge haha, which leads to bans and longer ques and less players. 
    GdemamiAncient_Exile
    I dont agree with this.

"GLOBAL CHAT IN MMORPGS IS AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY!!!

And Zone Chat/Trade Chat/Whatever Chat?  I don't know how I'd live without Zone Chat/Trade Chat/Whatever Chat."

I have rarely ever seen chat used for that, I'm a few games it does get used like uo, and eq people try to sell stuff, but in both games its meaningless and people just do it because before there was no other way. Both games now have vendor search. 90 percent of the chat is just shit talking. 

You are just use to a chat being there so you can ask dumb question and feel like your apart of a community, which you easily could do by joining a guild.
    Lonesols said:
    I dont agree with this.

And Zone Chat/Trade Chat/Whatever Chat?  I don't know how I'd live without Zone Chat/Trade Chat/Whatever Chat."

I have rarely ever seen chat used for that, I'm a few games it does get used like uo, and eq people try to sell stuff, but in both games its meaningless and people just do it because before there was no other way. Both games now have vendor search. 90 percent of the chat is just shit talking. 

You are just use to a chat being there so you can ask dumb question and feel like your apart of a community, which you easily could do by joining a guild.

Lonesols

I didn't really keep it like you are thinking, it was in my email, and yesterday I was searching for my username for swtor, with that coming up. It fit so I shared.Amathe said:
    I don't want to lose the social aspect of any mmorog so that someone can say nasty enough things to get themselves banned. I have been playing these games since 2001 or 2002. The only time I was ever banned was briefly on the SWG boards for inviting the SWG player Chef representative to ... Well that's not really important. Let's just say I earned that ban. So if you pop off, man up and take your ban.
    I do take my bans lol I guess you didn't read anything I wrote. I dont care in the slightest if I get banned from anything on the internet, its the internet. If it was just me then I would say yep that would work, it's not. Especially in mobas like heroes of the strom. Blizzard catered to the people who are easily offended and cry. They litterally banned over half the game, they raised que times by mins, and now chances are low you will see some one type garbag to you, but chances are high that you will get some one who feeds and has no clue what to do. I would rather play with some one that types legit garbage I can ignore but knows how to play, then play with some super nice person who is a complete retard. 

Ancient_ExileGdemami
    Lonesols said:
    I dont agree with this.

Haha I can't tell who's sarcastic or not, you got me though if you were. 
    Lonesols said:
    Lonesols said:
    I dont agree with this.

Haha I can't tell who's sarcastic or not, you got me though if you were. 

Go check out my thread called Convenience vs Realism: The Immersion Factor in the Pub.

Lonesols

edited May 12
    Okay, this post is not sarcastic.

Town Squares, Taverns/Inn Common Rooms, and Guild/Mini-Faction Halls/Gathering Places could be used by players who are LFG to find party members.  Players could even use bulletin boards in Taverns/Inns & Markets/(local/non-global)Auction Houses to leave notes for other players to read.  It's okay to have players wait a little bit or spend a little time pursuing something they really want.  Players don't really need Trade chat channels, LFG channels or Group Finders.

Global Chat and Private Messages are not necessary.  What good is a spell that allows one to project his or her voice or a telepathic ability/spell (or an item that grants such an ability) when all these super-human/magical/divine abilities are granted to everyone that rolls a character?

If Guild Members can't find each other during a particular gaming session, oh well.  Make new friends.  These games are Massively Multi-player, aren't they?

• TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,872
    We should totally just take it to the forums and hash out our difference there.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,660
    DMKano said:
    Lonesols said:
    DMKano said:

Sorry to inform 
    They never banned me. Don't remember them banning any one else either. I remember people getting banned for trying to sell stuff on the chat, I don't remember reading every some one talked shit in chat and got banned. Infact they still to this day they talk shit in uo chat and no one gets banned. I just did like a month ago called them all a bunch of raging retarded alocholics, the conversation went on for like a hour no one got banned. 

Ok - there are things that I won't post here said in chat that are automatic bans, always have been always will be.

Just because you personally didnt witness this it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

Here is one that I will post- Try posting dox info in global chat on another player.... bye felicia, better yet post dox info on a dev... never gonna play that game again, I guarantee it

Also if you dont want global chat....just minimize or disable chat window... tada!

If the game doesnt allow you to get rid of chat window (very rare) tape a piece of paper on your screen to cover it up 

Perhaps he should tape that piece of paper over his mouth so he stops saying these dumb things?

’Its not me, its them, hurhur.’

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Nepheth
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• RemaliRemali Member UncommonPosts: 489
    No don't ban chat that way only the cry babies win
    Release more 18+ rated mmos were everything goes both ingame and in chat
    GdemamiLonesols
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,526
    Everquest had a really neat chat system.  You could join chat groups from other servers even.  There were cross-server chats for the various classes and races and interests.  I find it amazing just how open the old games were vs recent games.
    edited May 13
    Remali said:
    No don't ban chat that way only the cry babies win
    Release more 18+ rated mmos were everything goes both ingame and in chat
    I'd agree since there is a ignore button, but for some reason that doesn't work. They want to not only ignore some one they want them to be punished for daring to type something they don't like. 

centkin said:
    Everquest had a really neat chat system.  You could join chat groups from other servers even.  There were cross-server chats for the various classes and races and interests.  I find it amazing just how open the old games were vs recent games.

Ever quest chat system is the same as all mmorpg chat systems, most copied it. Daoc has the same chat system, diablo 2, heroes of the storm, wow, even ulitma online now. 

DMKano said:
    Lonesols said:
    DMKano said:

Sorry to inform 

Ok - there are things that I won't post here said in chat that are automatic bans, always have been always will be.

Just because you personally didnt witness this it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

Here is one that I will post- Try posting dox info in global chat on another player.... bye felicia, better yet post dox info on a dev... never gonna play that game again, I guarantee it

Also if you dont want global chat....just minimize or disable chat window... tada!

If the game doesnt allow you to get rid of chat window (very rare) tape a piece of paper on your screen to cover it up 

I am not sure what you mean by Dox information, alright so you mean posting some ones personal information that links to where they live. Well that is 100 percent different than saying some one is a retard. I didn't say I dont think some one who went out of their way to find personal information, then threatened them with it shouldn't be punished that is law enforcement job at that point. 

As I told you I convinced some one I did that in ever quest once for stealing my lamination, though I didn't post any real information I just said I knew how and didn't haha. If I actually knew how and found where they lived and showed them and threatened them then yep I should be prosecuted. Though that is subjective really. I have posted my own real life address to people in chat 100s of times, from warcraft 3 to heroes of the strom. Infact I just did it in heroes of the storm, these guys were talking racist garbage, and I called them all down syndrome warriors. This went on for like 15 mind and one of them said give me your address so I can bring my buddies and we will show you what racists is. So I posted it to the chat, and they never came haha. He looked it up and said well I can't make it that far. Then they flipped the chat like 15 mins later, and got every one to think i was the racist one, and then I got banned shortly after haha. 

I dont think you read anything I wrote besides the title. It has nothing to do with me not being able to block the chat, all games have a chat disable. I said it should be removed because people are twisted and don't just want some one ignored, they want to get revenge and have them banned. 
    GdemamiKyleran
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 7,214
    It is more about being with like minded people that  gamers tend to report and seek bans. This is like a safe space for them and they have no wish to see the rubbish they encounter on a day to day basis and since they cannot mute folks around them irl they mute or attempt to muzzle them in game.

No need to remove chat. It is just something you and everyone around you can control and should control IMO.
    Ungood
    Martens: "With all due respect, madam, where are you going with this?"
    Avasarala: "Wherever I goddamn like."
This discussion has been closed.