Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Talks PvP Wars And PvE Invasions In New Dev Diary

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110
edited April 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageNew World Talks PvP Wars And PvE Invasions In New Dev Diary

Amazon's New World is humming along towards its new August release date, and the developer has recently put out a new developer diary, this time all about wars and invasions.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 4,583
    Looks interesting, though I wish there was less flashy spell effects.
    sakinol
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 232

Asheram said:

Some games let you turn that stuff down (most notably FFXIV for me), so I hope that New World offers that as well.
    Quicksand
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 10,289
    edited May 2020
    Gatling guns, bows, cannons, hammers, oh and “The Big Horn”.

Man these guys sure have a solid vision. PvP all day to pvp maybe if/when once a week or so.

Simply F’n incredibly.
    Post edited by bcbully on
    Iselinsakinol
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member UncommonPosts: 244

Asheram said:

Yeah, most modern MMO's have options to adjust how much you see of other players effects. Personally I love all the flash (although FFXIV can get a little too flash).
    Pirraya
  • VinterkrigVinterkrig Member RarePosts: 1,892
    edited April 2020
    These guys are some of the most clueless, well funded devs I've ever seen.

Is everyone else seeing a bunch of Warhammer Online Witch Hunters running around in this game??? HA

So flag only pvp, but you are forced into hour log windows of pvp if you want a claim is kind of funny. Second, flag objective based nonsense, middle of the courtyard is the place to win??? Really? REALLY?

Nothing new here at all, 50 player vs 50 player instanced battleground is the PINNACLE (lol) of pvp, great... "new level of social dynamism that no other game has" is the most laughable part of the entire video

The invasions aren't new either, the rifts aren't new, nothing here is new.. just grasping at straws to sell people BS.

IselinAlomarraapnaapKumaponRhoklawNasaTybostsakinolgastovski1defroststarand 1 other.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,918
    "new level of social dynamism that no other game has" is the most laughable part of the entire video

Yeah that was funny. It reminded me of someone's signature around here, I forget whose with a quote from mortal online bragging about sending out the beta client on disk and how no one had ever done that before. LMAO.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
    I find it more enjoyable than getting ganked by zerg kill all on site rob and destroy all my stuff kids with only way to avoid that being join megaclan be megaslave farmer.
    PirrayaVinterkrigSkitzoXTacticalZombehRhoklawGatsuZerksakinol
    Asheram said:
    I find it more enjoyable than getting ganked by zerg kill all on site rob and destroy all my stuff kids with only way to avoid that being join megaclan be megaslave farmer.
    That's a pretty low bar though. It's better than when it was going to be OWPvP but not by much. Timed... instanced... scheduled... and that's the best they've got?

Who knows maybe the kids will like it.
    YashaX
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

__ Wizardry, 2020
    edited April 2020
    Iselin said:
    Asheram said:
    That's a pretty low bar though. It's better than when it was going to be OWPvP but not by much. Timed... instanced... scheduled... and that's the best they've got?

Well maybe if theres a good population they can introduce pvp server? I am finding the pve similar to mmo pve stuff so I am going to buy it.

And I think its the "kids" that like the toxic survival/open world zergankvp playstyles.
    VinterkrigTacticalZombehRhoklawsakinol
    edited April 2020
    Asheram said:
    Iselin said:
    Asheram said:

Well maybe if theres a good population they can introduce pvp server? I am finding the pve similar to mmo pve stuff so I am going to buy it.

And I think its the "kids" that like the toxic survival/open world zergankvp playstyles.
    I don't want a PvP server, I want a 24/7 PvP zone with good objectives and reasons to be there.

Honestly IDK who plays survival games, I don't. I do know that kids have no problem with instanced short matches in games like LOL and Fortnite. 1 Hour would be long for them and too short for me :)
    bigmilkAsheramYashaXraapnaapsakinolNanfoodle
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

__ Wizardry, 2020
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,629
    The invasions sound a little (just a bit) like ring wars in eq, where a whole zone full of players battled a large number of NPCs. Of course, back then, the battle was more with your isp and graphics card, as all that action produced crash after crash.
    Asheramsakinol

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• razor247razor247 Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Look at all that content for pve...yeah no congrats u copied rift
    VinterkrigRhoklawsakinolAsheram
    Iselin said:
    Asheram said:
    Iselin said:
    Asheram said:

I don't want a PvP server, I want a 24/7 PvP zone with good objectives and reasons to be there.

Honestly IDK who plays survival games, I don't. I do know that kids have no problem with instanced short matches in games like LOL and Fortnite. 1 Hour would be long for them and too short for me :)
    I must be that type of kid then lol, my pvp fix is my csgo type 7 minute tdm/battle mode rounds in Mount & Blade Warband/Bannerlord mp. So yeah the pvp here probably wont keep my attention but I am enjoying the world.

Fallen Earth had those pvp zones too bad that shutdown.
    Amathe said:
    The invasions sound a little (just a bit) like ring wars in eq, where a whole zone full of players battled a large number of NPCs. Of course, back then, the battle was more with your isp and graphics card, as all that action produced crash after crash.
    lol the isp, graphics card crash comment made me think of the big scheduled seiges in Age of Conan with all of the flashy different spell animations all popping everywhere.
    Amathe
    Amathe said:
    In Dark Age of Camelot we counted seconds per frame not frames per second.
    AmatheAsheramTacticalZombehoriya9seraphis79sakinolinfomatztzervo
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

__ Wizardry, 2020

Iselin said:

Asheram said:

Iselin said:

Asheram said:

I want the 24/7 ow pvp I was sold before the tears changed it and they started scrambling to create pve content by copying other games and calling it something new.

I'm totally fine with how Albion created zones with different levels of pvp threat/rules or w/e
    bigmilkSkitzoXGatsuZerksakinol
  • SkitzoXSkitzoX Member UncommonPosts: 189
    edited April 2020
    razor247 said:
    You wish they copied Rift, that system was a lot more fun than what we have here.

and they don’t even play their own game... the pvp sieges are 30 minutes, not an hour. Even if they count the 15 min of sitting in the lobby waiting for it to begin that’s still not an hour. I don’t understand how they think a 30m battle that may realistically happen once a week when the dust settles is enough to keep players interested. If it even happens that often seeing owning a settlement means nothing, literally nothing.
    Post edited by SkitzoX on
    IselinVinterkrigYashaXraapnaapbcbullyMorfo2

razor247 said:

You wish they copied Rift, that system was a lot more fun than what we have here.

and they don’t even play their own game... the pvp sieges are 30 minutes, not an hour. Even if they count the 15 min of sitting in the lobby waiting for it to begin that’s still not an hour. I don’t understand how they think a 30m battle that may realistically happen once a week when the dust settles is enough to keep players interested. If it even happens that often seeing owning a settlement means nothing, literally nothing.

Kill 5 wolves, upgrade a door... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE exciting
    raapnaapsakinol
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,264
    What I found surprising was the lack of the term "factions" not used once and instead focusing on "company v company", where's this new direction worth delaying the game. What is going on over there....it's not company v company it's a few members of a company who have to deal with rng team mates and vanguard selections.
    IselinYashaXbcbully
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 616
    edited April 2020
    I'm looking forward to it. I enjoy more structured PvP than the kill on sight that so many other PvP games turn into. That just seems boring and pointless to me.

Having a system that can have both PvE and PvP is just so difficult without one ruining the other I feel. This seems like a decent compromise.

I love horde defense type scenarios in games, so the invasion sounds like a ton of fun.
    TacticalZombehbcbullyVinterkrig
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    I can't wait for this game to be released.  I'm so excited. :|
    defroststarIronside81
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

sschrupp said:

I love horde defense type scenarios in games, so the invasion sounds like a ton of fun.
    If you get selected. Once per day. 40 players chosen randomly from those who signed up the day before + 10 that the guild leader selects.
    YashaX
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

__ Wizardry, 2020
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 616

Iselin said:

sschrupp said:

If you get selected. Once per day. 40 players chosen randomly from those who signed up the day before + 10 that the guild leader selects.

Hmm... that sounds a bit less awesome. Will have to see how that works out in practice with a larger population of players.
  • SkitzoXSkitzoX Member UncommonPosts: 189
    edited May 2020
    Iselin said:
    sschrupp said:

Not sure where your getting once per day but that’s not the case. 

And it’s the same scripted event every time. Fun a couple times but yeah not long term.
    SkitzoXX said:
    Iselin said:
    sschrupp said:

Not sure where your getting once per day but that’s not the case. 

And it’s the same scripted event every time. Fun a couple times but yeah not long term.
    So it's not every day? I'm getting the info from the invasion preview article on their page that talks about signing up the day before an invasion. I just assumed from that it's daily.

I know that the 50 v. 50 PvP events are not. That's on a date and time agreed to by the two sides.
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

__ Wizardry, 2020