Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen's Alpha 3.9: Locked Up and Loaded Update is Now Available

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Citizen's Alpha 3.9: Locked Up and Loaded Update is Now Available

The Locked Up and Loaded update for Alpha 3.9 of Star Citizen has been released today . Here are the details.

Read the full story here

WalkinGlenn

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    first? everyone must be playing it......
    Erillion
  • MaximusNovaMaximusNova Member UncommonPosts: 27
    My body is ready but my Pc is not (
    Voidfarer
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited April 2020

rodarin said:

Or afk viewing on twitch for points so they can artificially increase the view stats of the streamer..

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ks0hc/twitch_streamers_are_trying_to_buy_viewers/ on a side note, it's funny this guy thought the game would be out in 2-3 years, and that was 4 years ago lol.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    And in this update players can now change their t shirt color. WE are hoping by 2022 they will be able to change their pants color if all goes well and is on track.
    xpsyncPhoenix_HawkJaguaratron1
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Every time i see star citizen, bdo and archeage "news" think about this:

xpsync
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Tiller said:

rodarin said:

Or afk viewing on twitch for points so they can artificially increase the view stats of the streamer..

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ks0hc/twitch_streamers_are_trying_to_buy_viewers/

on a side note, it's funny this guy thought the game would be out in 2-3 years, and that was 4 years ago lol.

Do you miss on pueposes the scope change mid-2014 for TWO triple-A? otherwise there is no way a company starting from scratch can deliver in 4 years. Looking at 3.9 backers do have a very good reason to give their 45$ to CIG rather than EA....
    mmolou
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

rodarin said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ks0hc/twitch_streamers_are_trying_to_buy_viewers/

on a side note, it's funny this guy thought the game would be out in 2-3 years, and that was 4 years ago lol.

Do you miss on pueposes the scope change mid-2014 for TWO triple-A? otherwise there is no way a company starting from scratch can deliver in 4 years. Looking at 3.9 backers do have a very good reason to give their 45$ to CIG rather than EA....
    Not really. In my honest opinion this game is now so full of people having spent thousands of dollars on the best ships and equipment that we’ll face an armada of Entitled people come launch and the game will already feel old because of it. I am more exited about SQ42, there i can at least pretend i’m a bad ass in a fresh new universe
    mmolouxpsyncbotrytisTacticalZombeh
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

rodarin said:

Last time, in the topic of your defending this so called product, somebody asked you:

"JoeBlober, honest question:
    Do you get paid to do this?"

Remember, that the only thing you did, is an evasive comment, and you didn't answer the question.

The next few user reactions wasn't that surprising:

"The fact, that you didn't answered the question, indicates that your activity here is shady.
    That's why nobody believes your propaganda."

"It's an easy "yes" or "no", Joe."

We're still waiting for the answer.
  • AnOldBrownieAnOldBrownie Newbie CommonPosts: 1

Cygi said:

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

rodarin said:

Last time, in the topic of your defending this so called product, somebody asked you:

Remember, that the only thing you did, is an evasive comment, and you didn't answer the question.

"The fact, that you didn't answered the question, indicates that your activity here is shady.

What did he say? I'll take up the torch of defending the project...and no, I'm not being paid.

Even though I've played MMO's for years I never felt the desire to join this particular site until today.

Welcome me. :) Hopefully we can strike up meaningful discussions over this poorly managed but well made project.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    rodarin said:

That sums it up pretty well.

Have fun
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited April 2020
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:

That sums it up pretty well.

Have fun
    "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

No!!!"

Sums it up much better I think.

Well, either that or perhaps, 

"Still waiting for the fun to begin"

:D 
    Sandmanjw

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited April 2020

Cygi said:

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

rodarin said:

What did he say? I'll take up the torch of defending the project...and no, I'm not being paid.

Even though I've played MMO's for years I never felt the desire to join this particular site until today.

Welcome me. :) Hopefully we can strike up meaningful discussions over this poorly managed but well made project.
    Another new white tag, welcome to the forums, keep coming back.   :)

Funny thing about Joe and other white knights, their defense of this effort makes almost no sense if they aren't being paid...  :D

Not really any meaningful conversation is possible though, as the leading salvo is nigh unbeatable.

When will it finally release?  Two conditions need to be met.

1) No more wipes of progression, last and final must occur.

2) They have to start taking money (selling) for the product. 

I think we can safely say they've got the 2nd well covered, but the first? 

Not so much.

Let's all get ready to sing along now.

"This is the song that doesn't end...yes it goes on and on my friends..."

Welcome to my house.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

edited April 2020

Cygi said:

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

rodarin said:

The fact you even ask is a total no sense. On internet anyone can say anything you will never be able to prove, both ways.
    I am here to counter act the handhull of naysayers/haters throwing scam, leaving gross obfuscation or leaving their "expert" opinion og guys who clearly have no clue about the most basic game developement and finance, not to say SC is the best thing that ever happen to mankind in two centuries... far to be a propaganda :)

Honest answer: believe what you want.

JoeBlober said:

Cygi said:

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

rodarin said:

The fact you even ask is a total no sense. On internet anyone can say anything you will never be able to prove, both ways.

I am here to counter act the handhull of naysayers/haters throwing scam, leaving gross obfuscation or leaving their "expert" opinion og guys who clearly have no clue about the most basic game developement and finance, not to say SC is the best thing that ever happen to mankind in two centuries... far to be a propaganda :)

You STILL didn't answer the question.

And that is why nobody believe your propaganda BS.
    Phoenix_Hawk
    JoeBlober said:

Cygi said:

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

rodarin said:

Joe ... the point why they are stessing this thing is ... if someone IS paid to promote something and he IS asked if he is getting paid for that, he is not allowed to lie and has to answer "YES i am getting paid for this" (at least in the USA) ... otherwise the company risks a high fine if it ever comes to light that this guy WAS working for it (or for a company that was hired by CIG to do marketing).

You will see a lot of caveats with influencers or website creators (even here in this website) where they say "This is sponsored content"  or "This item i show was sent to me for free by company XXX"  or "My trip here was sponsored by company XXX". In academic papers, especially in the medical field, you see a lot of caveats "The authors are not associated with any studies sponsored by company XXXX" etc.

That is why i personally have absolutely no problem to write here:

I am NOT getting paid for writing here. I am a fan, a Star Citizen backer. I am not an employee of CIG or any company working for CIG (or any of their country specific sub-companies).

Have fun
    KyleranEponyxDamor
  • GameMonger71GameMonger71 Member UncommonPosts: 122
    He did answer the question I believe you are referring to when he directly said he was NOT getting paid.  I do not know why folks have to see the worst in everything.  Has it been a long development?  Without a doubt!  Longer than it should take due to poor management and scoping?  I believe so.  Is it vapor ware or utter trash that will never release.  I really do not believe that is a supportable argument.  

P.s. I am not being paid either to say any of this in case that is the next question.
    Erillion
  • KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    I really don't see why people on here constantly need to spew negativity towards the Star Citizen project, that have made tons of progress, going far beyond any other game has so far towards making a space farering simulation. Is it taking a long time? Absolutely, be upset because its way past the initial time frame and still going to take another few years, unfortunately game design and innovation take time. Have they changed and added tons of new ideas/features then what they originally kickstarted for? Absolutely, be upset that they are adding more complexity, and attempting to get it as realistic as possible, thus extending the development times, but if you don't think the games development is making progress, or that they are just doing this all out of greed, your living with a tin foil hat on my friend.

This article itself is stating they released a new update, the new Prison Planet, and updates to the Criminal and Bounty Hunting game loops is a large addition and will add tons more for people to test and give feedback on. Its in Alpha, they game isn't meant to be there for Content, its meant to be played and tested to ensure they developments and innovations they are trying to bring to the PC gaming community work.

If your interested, its as cheap as 45 bucks to show them some love and get full access, if your not interested its as cheap as Free-Fifty to move on with your life and ignore the project, most people don't know whats going on with it, they just read what negative articles they can, think they have educated themselves and just start parroting the shit they read. If its not your cup of tea, move along good people, nothing to see here, those of us interested will take what enjoyment we can out of it and leave you alone just the same.
    ErillionJoeBlobersschrupp

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

Cygi said:

JoeBlober said:

Cygi said:

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

rodarin said:

Taking Erillion remark into account:
    "I am NOT getting paid for writing here. I am a fan, a Star Citizen backer. I am not an employee of CIG or any company working for CIG (or any of their country specific sub-companies)."

That said I make no propaganda as already explained... now do you believe me? lol
    Erillionbotrytis
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    I find it interesting the CS is still selling ships and and things like helmet skins, while the game wallows unfinished. It seems to me they should just get on with it and finish the game.
    Tiller

botrytis said:
    I find it interesting the CS is still selling ships and and things like helmet skins, while the game wallows unfinished. It seems to me they should just get on with it and finish the game.

If you have not already realized ... that is exactly what they are doing.

You are even posting in a thread where the next update is being described, the next step that has been taken (and tested) to finish this game.

Have fun
    botrytis
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    edited April 2020

Erillion said:

botrytis said:

You are even posting in a thread where the next update is being described, the next step that has been taken (and tested) to finish this game.

Have fun

I find it hysterical that people actually think this is OK behavior. Your choice, I just find it tacky and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Selling items is fine but that is basically P2w MODE. That is NOT OK

They have been saying that they will be releasing the game for so long, it is getting to Duke Nukem Forever fiasco timeline......
    TillerPhoenix_Hawk

JoeBlober said:

Cygi said:

JoeBlober said:

Cygi said:

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

rodarin said:

"I am NOT getting paid for writing here. I am a fan, a Star Citizen backer. I am not an employee of CIG or any company working for CIG (or any of their country specific sub-companies)."

That said I make no propaganda as already explained... now do you believe me? lol

If I didn't asked the question here, you'll won't be even bothered to answer it in the previous thread.

You only answered here, because you felt the heat after the silence before the last time.

So no, I don't believe you, and blame yourself for this, you and your bias.
    botrytis said:

Erillion said:

botrytis said:

Have fun

I find it hysterical that people actually think this is OK behavior. Your choice, I just find it tacky and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Selling items is fine but that is basically P2w MODE. That is NOT OK

They have been saying that they will be releasing the game for so long, it is getting to Duke Nukem Forever fiasco timeline......

Let me know when selling helmet skins turned into P2W mode.

And if you mean having a greater ship is P2W ... Star Citizen is not EVE Online where bigger usually means better  (which even in EVE is not true, as some Titan Hunters can tell you). A bigger ship in Star Citizen just means a different role. Which is not necessarily combat. A bigger ship means you need a (player) crew ... running a big ship alone will just get you killed in PvP (as Star Citizen playtesters can tell you).

Do we like to see this game launched sooner than later ? Of course !

Do most of us backers want to see quality sacrificed to launch sooner ? No, we do not.

Funny ... you call Duke Nukem a fiasco. But it is a game that people still talk about. Some do even still play it.  90 % of games cannot make this claim. They are simply forgotten.

You can find hysterical anything you like. In contrast I will support things i like.

Have fun   (i do)

JoeBloberrpmcmurphy
    Cygi said:

JoeBlober said:

Cygi said:

JoeBlober said:

Cygi said:

JoeBlober said:

Tiller said:

rodarin said:

If I didn't asked the question here, you'll won't be even bothered to answer it in the previous thread.

You only answered here, because you felt the heat after the silence before the last time.

So no, I don't believe you, and blame yourself for this, you and your bias.

Do not get ridiculous. There is no heat to feel. Least of all from you.

Joe answered so stupid questions popping up in unrelated threads will (maybe) stop.

You got your answer. If you do not believe it .... earth will still be turning. :-D

If you keep asking this question, we keep referring you back here so you can read it.

AGAIN.

Meanwhile .... there is Update Alpha 3.9 to play.

Have fun
    rpmcmurphy