Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most Hated Quest Designs

13»

Comments

• xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,672
    Kill boars. One of the most lame jokes in all of Lord of the Rings Online. You will kill boars in almost every level and region, if it isn't boars it will be wolves .

Get it "kill boars . REEEEEEEE 

There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    xD_Gaming said:
    Kill boars. One of the most lame jokes in all of Lord of the Rings Online. You will kill boars in almost every level and region, if it isn't boars it will be wolves .

Get it "kill boars . REEEEEEEE 

Yeah, killing boars is not so interesting unless I'm hunting them to feed myself or to feed other people (who actually need to eat to survive).  Though it's true that Wild Boars could potentially gore the unwary or unskilled (or drunk) with their tusks.  A boar killed Robert Baratheon after all. 

Killing wolves can be a little more interesting.  Even though I think wolves are cool, I understand that they can be quite dangerous and deadly if encountered in the wild.  Wolves generally hunt in packs, have very sharp teeth, and they can crush bones with their teeth/jaws.  Wolves are also quite adept at hunting and stalking prey.  Their howls, growls, and snarls are also quite ominous.  But, you know, I do think it's pretty silly that a lvl 40 wolf can be more powerful than a lvl 30 dragon in many MMORPGs.  Just sayin'.
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,671
    edited May 6
    Nilden said:
    While I'm at it nothing is more boring and tiresome than doing dailies. Doing the same quest every day to raise a rep is an absolute killer for me wanting to play the game.

It's like taking the quest grind to level and making it even worse by having you do the same quest every day until you max out the rep or whatever it is. Just awful game design that makes the game feel like a second job.

I feel like they really failed at quests when I would rather just grind mobs.

Rep grinding is flat out awful.....Usually it requires hours and hours of grinding...When I reached that point in WoW I said no more of this and left.
    Ancient_Exile
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    Nilden said:
    While I'm at it nothing is more boring and tiresome than doing dailies. Doing the same quest every day to raise a rep is an absolute killer for me wanting to play the game.

It's like taking the quest grind to level and making it even worse by having you do the same quest every day until you max out the rep or whatever it is. Just awful game design that makes the game feel like a second job.

I feel like they really failed at quests when I would rather just grind mobs.

Yes.  Repetitive Daily Quests are Horrible.
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,099
    I dislike pretty much all quests, so I'll say that any quest that doesn't involve unique gameplay are my most hated.

I don't need quests to direct me to kill stuff
    I don't need quests to direct me to explore
    I don't need quests to make me collect stuff
    I don't need quests just to tell me a generic, boring story

I can do all those things for myself, within the gameworld, without being forced to ride here and there just to hand in a quest and collect the xp. I'd rather get the xp from doing the activity, not as a reward for speaking to someone.

I prefer my quests to be something unique and special, in order for the quests to have any meaning.
    I don't mind quest if they are procedural, optional, unique to me, solved only by me or fellow quest taker. Let me develop relationships with NPCe individually and as a faction.  All the save the world crap is just dumb when you are literally delivering crap to people.

It's seriously can't be that hard to have NPC pop out random faction/NPC type quest that you solve on the spot. Doesn't need to be complex or story driven for me to kill wolves in the field that are eating his sheep. That I can see happening and help before I even get the quest. Maybe if I finish quest I get told of a wolf den and can finish them off. 

That gives me unique player story and when I come around maybe the NPC gives me a discount on his farmed stuff and the town thanks me for what I have done.  Simple yet far more immersive than a terrible scripted quest that is always running and people around me doing the same thing.

Ancient_Exilecameltosis