Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Mark Jacob's ghosted MMORPG.com

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
edited April 2020 in Camelot Unchained
MJ was asked by a poster over on MOP why he never visits this site anymore, was it too brutal perhaps? His reply....

"LOL, no. It was pretty brutal here with the FS:R announcement and I’m still here. :)

I stopped posting on MMORPG a while back when things were still mostly good there. And with Bill Murphy gone from there, they haven’t seemed very interested in us (can’t blame them, we’re pretty late after all). I just don’t have the time to post on all the sites that I used to with my current workload. I’m running 80+ hours per week right now and it’s starting to take its toll even on me (I’m a confirmed workaholic). Like so much of the world Covid is making our life more difficult and that means more of my time going to things I didn’t have to worry about before.

I also like it here in general, even on some of the bad days. I have a lot of respect for the staff and while we don’t always agree, I also like the community here (even some of the folks that have been tough on me/us). I think the signal to noise ratio here is generally pretty good and I’ve read a number of insightful posts from posters and articles from the team. I just don’t have the time to spend on multiple sites these days. And it’s a shame. A number of CU Backers are on MMORPG and they do have some insightful members. Maybe once we get in Beta 2 and people’s fears are put to rest and we can focus just on the game’s development.

Time will tell of course.

Thanks for taking the time to post RH. I’m outta here for the night, been fighting a headache so I’m going to shut it down for a while.

Cya!"

https://massivelyop.com/2020/04/28/camelot-unchained-talks-about-expanding-its-current-test-build-crafting-issues-and-pve/

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Post edited by Kyleran on
meddyckGdemamiJamesGoblin

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    It is tiring sometimes to continuously defend the game. I think Saga of Lucimia's  Renfail gets tired too of continuously responding and honestly it is a waste of time to respond to the the few posters who doggedly say more or less the same stuff every post.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    kitarad said:
    It is tiring sometimes to continuously defend the game. I think Saga of Lucimia's  Renfail gets tired too of continuously responding and honestly it is a waste of time to respond to the the few posters who doggedly say more or less the same stuff every post.
    Yeah, but he will relentlessly defend CU on any and every story MOP posts about the game so clearly he isn't "tired" of doing so.

I think he's a bit butthurt that the site's editors haven't really reached out to him to engage, in fact I think Renfail said he hadn't been contacted for quite a while which was then soon rectified.

Gdemami

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    DMKano said:
    Deliver the game and then we cam talk.

No site should give any attention to teams and devs that are years late in their delivery. 

Losing interest is a normal response when you a years behind 
    I found this excerpt of the livestream quite telling and is classic MJ talking out of both sides of his mouth with his "well and not well response."

Until sometime last fall Mark was telling folks CU still might "release" before years end.  As we head into May they are about to "work on" the trio of Scout classes, while crafting and other "pastoral" content (like the Deep or whatever its called) have seen little progress?

WTF?

Yeah right, understandable why he's afraid to show his face around here.

"Jacobs talks about crafting in Camelot Unchained, with one player asking how crafting is coming along. Jacobs’ response: “Well and not well.” He admits that the majority of the development focus has been on classes, keeps, and combat, so the more pastoral forms of gameplay have gone on the back burner as a result.

On the subject of classes, Jacobs brought up scout classes as the next trio of classes that will be worked on, though no specifics on them were brought up."
    Gdemami[Deleted User]AxxarJamesGoblin