Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what I've seen 2020

Comments

• xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,554
    See i didn't even think about death aura in that. #rip xD
    Ungood
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,831
    I finally downloaded and tried to log in with my account but it is lost. I had all the details. So I tried to register with my old email to see if it was in use but it wasn't. So I suppose that old account is gone. Wonder if it was a European account and is no longer operational. I had a lot of stuff I had bought tomes and such but it has been close to ten years so I cannot be mad about it. I did buy this game when it launched ages ago and before it went F2P.

I will start fresh. Paladin I guess was what I had before. I had a pally and a monk. See what I can play.

Looking forward to it.

Ungood

• UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,097
    kitarad said:
    I finally downloaded and tried to log in with my account but it is lost. I had all the details. So I tried to register with my old email to see if it was in use but it wasn't. So I suppose that old account is gone. Wonder if it was a European account and is no longer operational. I had a lot of stuff I had bought tomes and such but it has been close to ten years so I cannot be mad about it. I did buy this game when it launched ages ago and before it went F2P.

I will start fresh. Paladin I guess was what I had before. I had a pally and a monk. See what I can play.

Looking forward to it.

Pally Monks are epic shitz! 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
    xD_Gaming said:
    See i didn't even think about death aura in that. #rip xD
    That's the main attraction for Wizard Pale Master is being able to use Negative Energy Spells to self heal, Right from the get go, so you have Lesser Death Aura (which you get at level 3) then Death Aura, and Negative Energy Burst which you get at level 7 as a Wizard.  Also keep in mind this affected by Spell Power 

Couple that with the combat advantages of the Undead Forms, and mixed with EK, you can quite the scrapper.

Just make sure to get some +HP and a lot of mitigation gear. There is also items that augment negative energy healing, like Shroud of the Abbot.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
    edited April 19
    yup, when I read it the bubble, I'm like why would is heal undead, I dont want to heal the skeletons lol. 

This whole negaitive spell stuff is the coolest thing I seen in a long time. They should do a monthly thing about all of the character avenues along with slowly bumping the maps poly counts :D 

also learning enhancement can be active skills was an eye opener. Skelly Knight rawr :D 

xD_Gaming said:
    yup, when I read it the bubble, I'm like why would is heal undead, I dont want to heal the skeletons lol. 

This whole negaitive spell stuff is the coolest thing I seen in a long time. They should do a monthly thing about all of the character avenues along with slowly bumping the maps poly counts :D 

also learning enhancement can be active skills was an eye opener. Skelly Knight rawr :D 

LOL.. Love the dog pic.

Also check out the EK thing, with Abilities like Spell Sword, where you get to pick the kind of elemental damage your Weapon Does. 

Not sure if they told you about needing material components yet, but as you level up, that is going to be something you will need to look into, nothing worse than not being able to cast your stand-by spells because you don't have the mats for them.

xD_Gaming
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,541
    Hahaha that dog pic is hilarious!
    xD_Gaming
    Felt real fear today, the npc mobs threw down an enfeebe when I was at 50% hp , I panicked a bit, but luckly the Skeleton Knight picked up the slack. 

"T" is toggle from point and click to action mode, really nice feature for a game like this . 

Mobs are lemming until you "up the difficulty" I was doing the Tower Defense on hard solo nad it was not easy ( lvl 3 ). They kept throwing smoke up and I couldn't get my bearings. 

I rerolled like 5 times since my last post. I think this is the one, he set up pretty nice with AoE and Health bubble and I have + 120 cold bonus for the snowstorm. 

So much thought went into this game, it kind of makes Neverwinter nonexistent #rip 
    They keep chipping away at graphics . updates and other thing, this will continue to be really solid game.  

UngoodSovrath
    edited April 26
    Died again #reroll #xD  but I also learned something that I want to over in a few of the dungeons.

I didn't know my Skelly Knight can chop doors down in some areas. Also. I want to get lock picking sooner. :D 
    Ungood
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    xD_Gaming said:
    Died again #reroll #xD  but I also learned something that I want to over in a few of the dungeons.

I didn't know my Skelly Knight can chop doors down in some areas. Also. I want to get lock picking sooner. :D 
    I think I learn more if I just pick something and play it to the end (or for a longer period).  Then I can come back and make a new character with a lot more knowledge than I had the first time. 

"If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

edited April 26
    xD_Gaming said:

I think I learn more if I just pick something and play it to the end (or for a longer period).  Then I can come back and make a new character with a lot more knowledge than I had the first time. 

I like rerolling and making adjustmernts to builds. It is more about the character build , that is the meat of the content for me :) I also set a no defeat level, for ddo mine is 10. It is just added fun, for me #xD 
    Ungood
    xD_Gaming said:
    xD_Gaming said:

I like rerolling and making adjustmernts to builds. It is more about the character build , that is the meat of the content for me :) I also set a no defeat level, for ddo mine is 10. It is just added fun, for me #xD 

So you only allow your character to die 10x b4 re-rolling?

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

xD_Gaming said:
    xD_Gaming said:

Reach level 10 with 0 defeats. Kind of like LotRO undying title but without a title. I feel lvl 10 is a good target tto reach.
    xD_Gaming said:
    xD_Gaming said:
    xD_Gaming said:

Reach level 10 with 0 defeats. Kind of like LotRO undying title but without a title. I feel lvl 10 is a good target tto reach.
    If you have a sub, I am going to suggest their Hardcore Server for you, it sounds exactly like the kind of challenge you are looking for. 

edited April 26
    xD_Gaming said:
    xD_Gaming said:
    xD_Gaming said:

What's the highest level  you've reached without dying so far?

Honestly.. if you smart play, you should be able to burn up to 7th, with no deaths, or maybe a bit later, I have seen people take the Korthos Walk of shame back to Orchard.. so.. his goal is not unreasonable.

xD_Gaming
    xD_Gaming said:
    Felt real fear today, the npc mobs threw down an enfeebe when I was at 50% hp , I panicked a bit, but luckly the Skeleton Knight picked up the slack. 

"T" is toggle from point and click to action mode, really nice feature for a game like this . 

Mobs are lemming until you "up the difficulty" I was doing the Tower Defense on hard solo nad it was not easy ( lvl 3 ). They kept throwing smoke up and I couldn't get my bearings. 

I rerolled like 5 times since my last post. I think this is the one, he set up pretty nice with AoE and Health bubble and I have + 120 cold bonus for the snowstorm. 

So much thought went into this game, it kind of makes Neverwinter nonexistent #rip 
    They keep chipping away at graphics . updates and other thing, this will continue to be really solid game.  

Kobold Assault .. Yah.. that will test ya.
    xD_Gaming said:
    xD_Gaming said:
    xD_Gaming said:

What's the highest level  you've reached without dying so far?
    I got cocky in Necropolis at lvl 7. so level 7 is the farthest I got.

As for sub, not happening in this pandemic.
    Ungood
    Gonna say, if you are looking for a strong survival build, go with 2HF Pally Build, and use SaD for the extra lay hands. Any race should do, Human is always a good choice.
    wizard is "challenging" specifically the builds I'm trying aren't for the faint of heart xD 
    xD_Gaming said:
    wizard is "challenging" specifically the builds I'm trying aren't for the faint of heart xD 
    Ok.. yes.. Wizards are a real challenge.

What kind of style and approach are you going with?
    xD_Gaming
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,347
    Ungood said:
    Gonna say, if you are looking for a strong survival build, go with 2HF Pally Build, and use SaD for the extra lay hands. Any race should do, Human is always a good choice.
    what is 2HF? two handed … something?

What is SaD?

Is there a build guide for this type of Paladin?
    2 handed fighter, you can do unarmed combat.
    Ungood
    edited April 27
    Sovrath said:
    Ungood said:
    what is 2HF? two handed … something?

What is SaD?

Is there a build guide for this type of Paladin?
    These are good questions.

2HF = 2 Handed Fighting, or 2 Handed Weapons: IE: Great Swords, Great Axes, Great Clubs, a lot of "Great" items.. some of which are not so great. 

But anyway, It's called this, because there is a feat called Two Handed Fighting, which augments this fighting style, there are also some trait lines.

2WF = 2 Weapon Fighting (Also sometimes called Dual Wield), and there are feats that augment this as well, as well as trait lines.

SaD = Sacred Defender, is an Paladin Enhancement line, ideally it replaced the old Hunter of the Dead trait line.

There are a lot of discussion topics on the main forums about Paladin builds, however, keep in mind what makes a great end game build does not always make a good leveling build, and, there is all kinds of gear and stuff.

One of things I like about DDO is there really is no "One Size Fits All" kind of set up, you really end up building for what you excel at, and then work that with what gear you have, and see what works.

Trying to follow a guide by someone that is talking about +6 tomes and 36 point builds is going to leave you feeling a bit.. well lacking.

But Theory Crafting Builds is Huge in DDO, so there is no shortage of people that could help you with that.
    SovrathxD_Gaming
    xD_Gaming said:
    2 handed fighter, you can do unarmed combat.
    Right now, Unarmed Combat is only possible by Monks.

But, Pally/Monks are pretty epic, so if you wanted to run around punching things to death, that would be the way to go.

I have seen anything from a 2/18 split to 6/14 split work, often working on the Shinto/KotC trait line mixes.. so.. that is on you what you want. 
    xD_Gaming