Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Delayed to August 25, Closed Beta in July

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew World Delayed to August 25, Closed Beta in July

In a new update, we learn that New World has been delayed to August 25 with the Closed Beta starting in July.

Read the full story here

Comments

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Anything is better than rescinded.
    itchmonMargrave
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    yes its because of convid not because they are all over the place, nice excuse
    zigalucardGdemamiAlomarstrawhat0981RaapnaapbcbullyCyberFrogTinchisxRemyVorenderSailorMom
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MissingSignalMissingSignal Member UncommonPosts: 13
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2020
    More time to figure out what kind of game it wants to be. Hell, maybe it'll turn into a BR by then....The global situation isn't really an excuse to delay the beta and get the game into the hands of people to see if its garbage or not. If anything, its the perfect time to have the beta since you have millions of people willing to participate.
    GdemamiOctagon7711Haki88SamhaelTinchisxDemoAK
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Wasn't going to be ready and/or polished with the new direction anyway. Apparent by how long the delay is, it's just a convenient excuse.
    Gdemamibcbully
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    A high tech company producing a virtual world requires them to take more precautions in the face of a global pandemic, while high-end jewelry merchants manage to continue their business with a minimum of fuss.  Gotcha.

bentrim

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    good to hear! Maybe they can spend some more time on pve content.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    This is just excuse because the game obviously needs more work before opening up to public, but that Is not a bad thing because New World is struggling to find a place where its gameplay has more of a point.
    Gdemami
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Using a horrible virus as an excuse is in very poor taste, and just goes to show what kind of company this is.

The game was never going to be ready in time even without covid-19, as a natural result of doing a complete core gameplay design turn-around just half a year before planning to release.

They could have been honest and said the truth, “We changed too much of the original game and did not give ourselves enough time to replace removed features and systems”.

Do not get excited just yet, four months still isn’t enough time to create a diverse enough selection of PvE content for a PvE game. At best, you’re looking at additional content the scope of a small content patch.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]Tinchisx[Deleted User]
  • zeroscloudzeroscloud Member UncommonPosts: 53
    It needs it, and if it makes it a better game at launch it is worth it. Last thing we need is a half ass launch to kill it before it ever takes off.
  • BladeburaibaBladeburaiba Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Do none of you have jobs? I am a consultant, and all of my clients have cut back work because of COVID-19.

When you are on an ambitious schedule like they are, any little thing will set them back. Something like COVID-19 where people are calling in or people gearing up to work (hello, there was a run on computer equipment), keeping on schedule would be neigh impossible.

There's going to be a ton of bankruptcy filings due to the SHUTDOWN because of COVID-19, let alone projects being delayed.
    GdemamibotrytisTacticalZombehAlomarYashaXTinchisx[Deleted User]PoliticaldadNyghthowlerCacolacoand 1 other.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I mean with so many game delays due to the covid-19, was this any bit of a surprise?
    botrytis

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    I understand and agree that an event like COVID-19 would slow/halt development. But it seems like they were passing up a perfect opportunity to have an extended beta. For the previous plan of having an April beta and a May release... well, a beta of one month isn't going to give most dev teams a chance to even *get* enough feedback much less to get what they need as well as implement any changes based on it. (not to even mention the issues with stomping out bugs) So everything is getting pushed to summer and that's fine... but once again, beta is expected to be the month before the release so they haven't really changed too much.
  • DhampirDhampir Member UncommonPosts: 161
    i was so looking forward to this...but oh well...Ill now have more time to play elder scrolls online new expansion.
    “Nothing is trivial.”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

“Sarah: "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Yeah but click "next" on their announcement page for a look at PvE invasions. It sounds pretty bad and nothing like I had hoped. All it has in common with Rift's open world zone invasions is the name.

They're not random at all but rather scheduled once a day with a maximum number of players set at 50, 40 of those chosen randomly from people who signed up the day before and 10 chosen by the governor.

It's like the PvP arena play but recycled with mobs taking the role of attacker.

It was only the idea of open world random invasions by the mobs that interested me about the PvE part of the game. This instanced thing they've put together that you don't even have a guarantee of being able to participate in, is pretty well the last nail on the coffin of my mild interest in this game.
    bcbully
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited April 2020
    They are probably get worse feedback from testers than they did with their half backed full loot ffa design.

I’d rather hear carebears in the wrong game cry than “the game is just boring” from everyone.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited April 2020
    Nyctelios said:
    Do none of you have jobs? I am a consultant, and all of my clients have cut back work because of COVID-19.

When you are on an ambitious schedule like they are, any little thing will set them back. Something like COVID-19 where people are calling in or people gearing up to work (hello, there was a run on computer equipment), keeping on schedule would be neigh impossible.

There's going to be a ton of bankruptcy filings due to the SHUTDOWN because of COVID-19, let alone projects being delayed.
    I work in a restaurant and here (Brazil) business can operate with delivery. We are selling more than ever.

Just like any other major shift in the market business will have to adapt and change to survive. Many business here (in my city) changed their focus to a more online and direct approach to clients rather than old school way of seeing the world (getting orders by.......... phone...).

When delivery drivers start getting stick you may find that people become reluctant to order by phone. 

Brazil only has a (reported) 18k cases currently - up 2k in a day though. (10th April)

Please take the virus very seriously. Stay safe.
    bentrim
  • NecromaNecroma Member UncommonPosts: 45

It needs it, and if it makes it a better game at launch it is worth it. Last thing we need is a half ass launch to kill it before it ever takes off.

It's already dead for most ppl who actually bothered to gather info about it.
    Gdemami
  • vicentesoulvicentesoul Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Im a tester and i can tell you this game isnt ready yet and i knew it, this is just an excuse because they are receiving a lot of feedback with their survey and forum threads and they just realized the game will die in a month more or less... game is heavily focused in grinding and farming everyday and for todays market i dont see that a good way for a pvp/pve game... pve is non existant, theres no questing to lead you in the world, theres no meaning when you play it you feel like the world is beautiful but no reason to stay logged in besides the farming, even the faction "missions" are just a grind to earn points to acquire equipment... i dont know the future but im pretty sure they are reconsidering the path of many game features because this game is not fun at the moment... The only thing hooking me in is the combat, i only tried 1 pvp combat in the open world and was really fun and addicting.
    TinchisxKaliGoldbcbully[Deleted User]
  • TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161
    This sucks. Really was looking forward to a new MMO this Spring. Requested a refund for my pre-order so i can invest the money in other games. Too bad.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]
  • KaliGoldKaliGold Member UncommonPosts: 130
    As a streamer and content creator I was going all in with this game - making content based on their published material, not because of alpha tester leaks, who btw could not keep their mouths shut.

I should be very disappointed, but I really think it was needed. I think this game wont be ready until the fall imo. They have the resources to make this the best MMO out there. Merging and making pve and pvp work together is not easy, but I think they can do it.

Open world loot 'Lord Of The Flies' was dropped because it eventually kills a game and they know that.
    [Deleted User]
    Nyctelios said:
    gervaise1 said:
    Nyctelios said:

I work in a restaurant and here (Brazil) business can operate with delivery. We are selling more than ever.

Just like any other major shift in the market business will have to adapt and change to survive. Many business here (in my city) changed their focus to a more online and direct approach to clients rather than old school way of seeing the world (getting orders by.......... phone...).

When delivery drivers start getting stick you may find that people become reluctant to order by phone. 

Brazil only has a (reported) 18k cases currently - up 2k in a day though. (10th April)

Sigh. We are. Delivery system here does not have direct contact with client.

The food is delivery without human contact and we have proper care with all the bags and such. Everything is properly sanitized.

My town is in lockdown for over 2 weeks, ignoring our President plea to don't do the right thing.
    Sigh?

I meant no offence. To me your post came across as somewhat "dismissive" is all. Obviouslyu it wasn't.

Far to many people however are "ignoring" the issue, calling it false or - in some cases - simply hope to profit. We have a cure ... we have a test ...... right ....

And yes Brazil's President aligned themselves with the US President to "dismiss" the issue when there were only a handful of cases and early steps could have been taken. Fortunately many mayors etc. in Brazil did and - hopefully - it will avoid what is now playing out in the US. 500k today / tomorrow.

Quite some media hoax .... using 5G to activate the virus .... etc.

(A call out to Luiza Trajano as well, a Brazilian business owner who adapted the early 1980s with "online sales" before the word had "online sales". An inspiration.)

Gdemami
    Nyctelios said:
    gervaise1 said:
    Nyctelios said:
    gervaise1 said:
    Nyctelios said:

Sigh. We are. Delivery system here does not have direct contact with client.

The food is delivery without human contact and we have proper care with all the bags and such. Everything is properly sanitized.

My town is in lockdown for over 2 weeks, ignoring our President plea to don't do the right thing.
    Sigh?

I meant no offence. To me your post came across as somewhat "dismissive" is all. Obviouslyu it wasn't.

Far to many people however are "ignoring" the issue, calling it false or - in some cases - simply hope to profit. We have a cure ... we have a test ...... right ....

And yes Brazil's President aligned themselves with the US President to "dismiss" the issue when there were only a handful of cases and early steps could have been taken. Fortunately many mayors etc. in Brazil did and - hopefully - it will avoid what is now playing out in the US. 500k today / tomorrow.

Quite some media hoax .... using 5G to activate the virus .... etc.

(A call out to Luiza Trajano as well, a Brazilian business owner who adapted the early 1980s with "online sales" before the word had "online sales". An inspiration.)

Sorry for that. It is just this situation is kinda consuming. At least was kinda amusing to find out my whole life practices were a simulation for this cause my routine didn't change at all.
    No apology needed. Trying times. 

And we got LoLs from @Gdemami !
    [Deleted User]
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    gervaise1 said:
    And we got LoLs from @Gdemami !
    Well, when you say:

gervaise1 said:
    Far to many people however are "ignoring" the issue, calling it false or - in some cases - simply hope to profit. 

and then follow with:
    gervaise1 said:
    Fortunately many mayors etc. in Brazil did and - hopefully - it will avoid what is now playing out in the US.

you cannot wonder that you get loled.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Some people just want to revive the economy with your blood.  And are probably still bitter that people didn't sacrifice enough blood to the lords of commerce to keep Chronices of Elyria alive so now he's unleashing his lols on those cowards who aren't willing to die so corporate CEOs can buy a new yacht.