Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Unchained Will Be Available For Free for a Limited Time Starting April 9

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge: Unchained Will Be Available For Free for a Limited Time Starting April 9

If you're looking to check out ArcheAge: Unchained, it will be free for a limited time starting on April 9 (tomorrow).

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So a f2p game that turned b2p is going f2p for a limited time. Makes sense....
    Pirrayamandark91bentrimIselin
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    edited April 2020
    News in 2 months, aau is f2p, everyone who purchased game before is going to get 5x hereafter stones and 5 costumes which lasts 7 days.
    Tuor7Valdheim
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    wow, lets forget all the crap and try this game again...., serious even with sarcasm, I feel dumb, I imagine anyone who are still playing it....
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
  • NecromaNecroma Member UncommonPosts: 45

yonpachi said:

is it worth a buy

lol
  • ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140

DMKano said:

Man they must be hurting for players in a HUGE way - I mean when everyone is at home and all games are seeing record numbers

Probably the same way You are hurting when there's no AA news to pee on, lol.
    By the way, where's this "layoffs" news You bragged about in previous news? Since you just ignored my question then, I will ask again here.
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    my guild on AAU had 50 ppl cap a month ago with about 46 ppl loging in daily... all but 6 people stopped playing(over 2 weeks not logged in). And my guild is not a rare exception. The turn over is absolutely absurd in the game.

We stopped guild operations 2 weeks ago because you literally only could do dailies in faction raids and recruitment was almost non-existent anymore. You had the 1 guild (usually 1 guild across 1-3 guilds to circumvent the guild cap) on the server that was dominate.. aka just steam rolls you with 30-70 ppl raids with 3000-4000 gear score higher then you on average... then every other guild at like 3-5 ppl online tops + their alts (usally between 2 and 12 accounts... yea they never enforced the account limit....) We tried to find a guild to do guild v guild pvp... absolutely no one, not 1 guild had the people to do a even fight.

So yea DMK is right.... the game needs ppl badly. Game could easily afford a 3 => 1, 4 => 1 server merge atm. Hell do a 6 => 1 and remove the alts, probably would have only slightly more then the private server at this point.

Is it worth a buy / hell even your time. NO that simple. The special game that was archeage died when they completely overhauled the economy, trade, crafting, and progression system. They literally gutted the things that made AA a good mmo and kept all the bad aspects. AAU is not old Archeage.... it is substantially worse in almost every way with the exception of gemming.

Think it is time to just let the sunken ship stay at the bottom of the ocean and stop trying to raise it again.

Valdheim[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    DMKano said:
    Man they must be hurting for players in a HUGE way - I mean when everyone is at home and all games are seeing record numbers

I don’t know or care, but it is the perfect time to have free play. Many companies are opening their games, services, applications, etc for free during this. 
    doomex
  • doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Don't be tempted. The start of the game is nice, you are focused on story,finishing quests, farming a little. Later on will become a boring grind fest, more boring than BDO(action combat helps a bit).
    Mostly because of the daily quests, practically the end game content(for a weak character that cant compete in pvp or you will die in one shoot). Just a hoard of people rushing to point a to b to kill mobs so they can have another chance at enhancing their gear...
    Valdheim
  • ry7737ry7737 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    WTF is wrong with that company?!?! AA is already free. they keep tryin to invent new ways to cash grab us pay to wins by repackaging the same thing multiple times. Can you imagine how they celebrate Christmas? I wonder if they give each other the same gifts in new wrappers each year as well. SMH what a ridiculous ridiculous company following in the same footsteps as trion. AA code should be free'd up at this point and distributed to the mass's for private servers.
    Gdemami
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Albatroes said:
    So a f2p game that turned b2p is going f2p for a limited time. Makes sense....
    I feel like any developer now a days going b2p are just milking whatever dummies they can knowing their game will be f2p soon after.
    So his is two things,possibly just seeing how lucrative f2p might be right now.They also cannot really go f2p right now,it would cause a real uproar so soon after selling the game to people.This might tell them if they have any chance with f2p and if not,they will aim for another gimmick,likely milking those few still playing for even more money.

I am going to repeat again,we NEED new laws governing game studios,they are stepping all over consumers and laughing about it.

Gaming is one of the few businesses they manage to keep control of products we BUY and it is WRONG.I do not care about copyright,that is a BS excuse,all businesses have copyrights,you think gaming is alone?
    Gdemami

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It's a trap.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• pinealpineal Member UncommonPosts: 25
    DMKano said:

Or they're just looking to bring even more players to the game in a HUGE way, by offering a limited time free event so people who were unsure about dropping money for the base game can now try it out? It is pretty expensive after all for a niche mmorpg, something not so commercial.

Keep hating on AA in every single thread though if it makes you feel better, I'm sure you "don't care about it" and I bet you're not obsessively following its news, just like "you're not in their discord server" ;)

I understand your passion for the old game, but hating on the modern iteration as much as you are, will only drive potential players away, thus aiding to "killing" the game you feel so passionate about. Congratulations to people like you, if enough people spread enough hate and falsehoods about the game, maybe the game will eventually completely die, be shut down, every person invested into the game will lose their characters and progress, the company will go bankrupt and you will never play Archeage again in your life. Rather than, offering constructive feedback to a game that could have been improved back to a state that you personally enjoy. Or, you know, you could just move on with your life and at least not try to ruin the reputation of the game for others.

Your hyperbolic, empty and nonconstructive words only help kill the game you loved, it benefits absolutely nothing and no one.

Do you prefer the game shuts down forever? Because you're contributing to that, keep it up man, or you could actually do something better with your life and stop focusing on things you hate.
  • alooi_malooi_m Member UncommonPosts: 2
    let me get this straight!
    if I use the code will I own the game or it will just unlock it for free for that period of time?