Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's Your First Look at the PS5 Controller, Dubbed DualSense

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageHere's Your First Look at the PS5 Controller, Dubbed DualSense

Sony unveiled their new controller for the PS5, called DualSense.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ArgostArgost Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Controller layout looks great. Color scheme looks hideous. No need for the two-tone change from standard solid colors.
    Nyghthowlerdragonlee66WaanalkarionlogLastlaughlol
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Looks like it will break and cost $75.
    UngoodinfomatzonelesslightTuor7
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Does this work on my PC to play MMORPGs?
    alkarionlog

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135

Does this work on my PC to play MMORPGs?

You actually don't need a controller but a MMORPG to play !
    xybedoutcheyaneUngoodxpsyncalkarionlog
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• whoywhoy Member UncommonPosts: 53
    White? Please tell me there will be a black version for the controller.

I never like the Share and Options button in PS4 controller, too small difficult to press, and too close to the Touchpad. Also the Analog sticks are blocking when you try to press the PS button.

Now I have to go through it again with the new PS5 controller, no...
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    The Share button on the Dual Shock 4 is pointless and annoying if accidentally pressed... I hope there is some way to disable it or change the functionality on the PS5.
    infomatzonelesslight
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Whaha this looks so much like a Xbox controller xD LMFAO
    alkarionlog[Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited April 2020
    The controller I use on my PC is the PS Dualshock one. I like the look .
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Hate the looks. I just hope the next one has better battery life than the PS4 controllers. That was such a let-down after getting spoiled by the PS3's outstanding battery.
    onelesslight
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    So the PS5 might be white too ?
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    NO!! Wtf is this?!?

This looks like the Xbox controller, and I don't like it at all!!

[Deleted User]

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• KatagiriKatagiri Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Oh, my.... ugly colors!
    onelesslight
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Well not sure what is any difference between this one and the last several PS controllers, but, you would think they would sell it in assorted colors.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Space age looking.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I like the Style/Design, but the Color MUST be Black allllll the way.....
    That mix is....no-go for me. I hope the have black ones as an option tho.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I like the design, but it would look a lot better if the buttons were black.

Also, I hope it is better than the PS4 Dualshock. I hate them. Both of mine randomly decide to go haywire and make my character run around in circles whenever they feel like it.
  • LastlaughlolLastlaughlol Member UncommonPosts: 145

Argost said:

Controller layout looks great. Color scheme looks hideous. No need for the two-tone change from standard solid colors.

Controllers are the product of the current zeitgeist. Two tone designs are very popular right now. No qualms here.
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    I hope you can turn off the light, with the move to the front especially. It wont go off now and I wish it does in the future.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2020
    If you zoom in and look closely, it still has the same dualshock 4 rounded handles. It's the thin black stripes going down on a white background that makes it look like the asymetric xbox handles. The only similarity I see with the XB controller is the more squared body so i think people are making a fuss about a front picture when making comparisons.

Dualshock 4 has been the perfect controller for my hands since launch. I just hope this one still feels the same while playing.

I've never liked the vertical Share/create and options buttons and this diagonals are no different. They could easily cut them in half and have two small rounded buttons instead.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    This is essentially just the Dualshock 4 but slightly bulkier. I'm glad they kept the same overall layout and locations and didn't try anything crazy. The colors are kind of shocking at first but maybe with different options it might be okay with the 2 tone.
    rojoArcueid
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2020

Aeander said:

I like the design, but it would look a lot better if the buttons were black.

Also, I hope it is better than the PS4 Dualshock. I hate them. Both of mine randomly decide to go haywire and make my character run around in circles whenever they feel like it.

i do hope they fix the analogue modules. I've never had to use extra controllers on any generation since the NES. I've gone through six dualshock 4, all of them with the same problem as you. At times, one stick malfunctions and moves the other stick too.

I've seen people saying stuff like "it's just dust" and " take care of them". I still have my original PS2 controller in better working condition than anything on this gen from both PS and XB. Some of the dualshock 4 i've had were acting funny out of the box, and i don't buy used electronics.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Personally I prefer the sticks offset. The Xbox still is my preferred controller for console and the PC. Though I do like my Switch Pro as well. 
    Switch pro controller feels like the best IMO, it has such a nice feel for where the buttons are. Does the Switch Pro controller work on PC? I've never actually tried that. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    edited April 2020
    image image
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.