Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I would like to start a new gaming community based on 3 principles

waynejarviswaynejarvis Member UncommonPosts: 29
1 - No Ego
2 - Heavy PvP focus
3 - Scientific testing and experimentation

I will give further explanation via PMs. Normally it is best to recruit within a game, however the environment is so rocky now I am just playing side games, but would like to start playing with like-minded people.
sumdumguy1[Deleted User]

Comments

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    No ego,  heavy pvp focus.

Could you pick two things that are more opposite of each other.

GOOD LUCK sir/madam.....
    Ungooddelete5230iixviiiixKylerancheyaneAlBQuirkyWhiteLanternMightyUncleanPalebaneTheocritusand 1 other.
  • waynejarviswaynejarvis Member UncommonPosts: 29
    crankked said:

GOOD LUCK sir/madam.....

I know...I will need it.
    Scotsumdumguy1[Deleted User]
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Ok.. No EGO in a gaming community would be pretty hard, but you might find enough to make it happen.

But, No EGO in a PvP Focused community, and you are looking for number crunchers.. WoW.. You're really going for that gold ring of impossible.

I wish you good luck.
    delete5230KyleranAlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Scientific testing and experimentation could be your saving grace here. The ego-laden may not be enticed by such.
    [Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Scientific testing and experimentation could be your saving grace here. The ego-laden may not be enticed by such.
    Judging by how great the PVP community is at discovering every possible exploit or coding gap in a game I'd say they tend to be pretty good at this as well.
    UngoodAmaranthar

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Kyleran said:
    Judging by how great the PVP community is at discovering every possible exploit or coding gap in a game I'd say they tend to be pretty good at this as well.
    Any edge to win.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    No ego. Hmmmm. Sounds like a famous scene from the film Road House. "If they won't walk, walk them, but be nice. It's not personal."

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    crankked said:

GOOD LUCK sir/madam.....
    Way back when, in UO, there were a lot of PvP players who fit this description. 
    It was only the many griefers who had that EGO thing going. 

And it wasn't number crunching, everybody did that. There was a lot of strategy involved. 
    Players still use strategies, as far as I can tell. But a game like UO (Sandbox and lots of things outside of combat that could be employed as trickery, timing -it was very fast for decisions, the unexpected) was a different animal. Better, in my opinion, for PvP. 

My guild was a PvP guild, but not PKers. We had wars with other guilds and set up battles. 

One guild we attacked at the home base, a set of houses and towers in a big circle. We were winning, and they had retreated into their buildings and fighting from their steps. 
    All of a sudden, my guildmates started dropping like flies. 
    I realized that the other guild was gating into the center between their buildings, then walking back through the gate (into a house). 
    It took a few seconds for me to figure out what they were doing.
    They were casting "Earthquake" spells repeatedly from the middle area (where the Gate opened up), and their buildings were placed exactly at the edge of the spell's effects. 
    Catching my guildmates with this unexpected strategy, and turning the tides of battle to their victory. 
    Fun stuff! Excellent strategy. 

[Deleted User]

Once upon a time....

• emikz1kemikz1k Newbie CommonPosts: 19
    ego is needed for trash talk which is needed to win
    ChildoftheShadows
  • waynejarviswaynejarvis Member UncommonPosts: 29

UO was my first game as a kid and then it was Dark Age of Camelot; the glory days.

I realize this community would build slowly, but honestly small scale is so much more fun to me than big zerg fights. Running a special squad for the zerg leader was the most fun I have ever had in a game.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I, also, would like to start a new gaming community based on three principles:

1 - To crush your enemies

2 - To see them driven before you

3 - And to hear the lamentation of their women
    H0urg1assKyleranCryomatrixAlBQuirkyAmatheAmarantharIselin
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    In his defense, having quite a few people in his new community was not one of the key principles.
    H0urg1assAmaranthar
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Ego is what causes players to go nuts in the cash shop. Game companies thrive on players who "have to be the best" and "hate to lose" because they make millions off of them.
    Amathe
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    crankked said:

GOOD LUCK sir/madam.....

Yeah, that was 20 years ago.  The interwebz have changed a lot since then.....
    Kyleransumdumguy1
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    crankked said:
    crankked said:

GOOD LUCK sir/madam.....

Yeah, that was 20 years ago.  The interwebz have changed a lot since then.....
    My thinking on that is...yes and no. lol

Once upon a time....