Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I had money Build

xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
edited March 30 in Hardware
AMD Ryzen 2700x

Cool Master ML240 Closed loop cooling

NZXT H710i case

Corsair RM850x 850watt 80 Plus Gold ATX fully Modular PSU

Gigabyte Aorus Elite WiFi X570 AM4 Mmobo

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gig  ( 2 x 8 )

Samsung 970 EVO 500Gig SSD 3bit MLC NAND M.2 

Crucial BX500 960GB SSD 3D Nand Sata 3 

$1100.00

-------------

Carry over from old Pc 

1 SSD
2Hard Drives
1 RX 580
There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
"Dragons are tilly folly !"
Post edited by xD_Gaming on
«1

Comments

  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 22,127
    I don't follow your point here.  Are you saying that you don't have enough money for a new computer, but this is what you'd buy if you did?  Because if you're assuming money that you don't have, why not just assume a lot more money that you also don't have and get a Ryzen 9 3950X and a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti?
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
    edited March 30
    Quizzical said:
    I don't follow your point here.  Are you saying that you don't have enough money for a new computer, but this is what you'd buy if you did?  Because if you're assuming money that you don't have, why not just assume a lot more money that you also don't have and get a Ryzen 9 3950X and a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti?
    I may have the money for this particular build , but no over the budget of $1200
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 22,127
    If you're going to shell out for an X570 motherboard, then why get an older Ryzen 7 2700X CPU?  Why not get the newer and much faster Ryzen 7 3700X?  Or even if you want to save money, why not get the cheaper and still usually faster Ryzen 5 3600X?
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
    edited March 30
    Quizzical said:
    If you're going to shell out for an X570 motherboard, then why get an older Ryzen 7 2700X CPU?  Why not get the newer and much faster Ryzen 7 3700X?  Or even if you want to save money, why not get the cheaper and still usually faster Ryzen 5 3600X?
    Price. the ryzen 7 2700x is best bang for buck. It is under $200 , anything over the 2700x you are getting into $250 - 500. The motherboard  allows for vertical upgrade later.

    looking at different cast to bring cost down a bit
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
    edited March 31
    changing the case to 

    Fractal Meshify C 

    I'm at  $1054

    Could upgrade the mobo or cpu maybe

    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 22,127
    edited March 31
    xD_Gaming said:
    Quizzical said:
    If you're going to shell out for an X570 motherboard, then why get an older Ryzen 7 2700X CPU?  Why not get the newer and much faster Ryzen 7 3700X?  Or even if you want to save money, why not get the cheaper and still usually faster Ryzen 5 3600X?
    Price. the ryzen 7 2700x is best bang for buck. It is under $200 , anything over the 2700x you are getting into $250 - 500. The motherboard  allows for vertical upgrade later.

    looking at different cast to bring cost down a bit
    I don't know what prices you're looking at, but on both Amazon and New Egg, a Ryzen 5 3600X is a lot cheaper than a Ryzen 7 2700X.  If you found some site that will sell the 2700X for half of what everyone else is charging but doesn't have any discount on a 3600X, then go ahead.  But I'd rather have the 3600X even for the same price, and it tends to be a lot cheaper.
    blueturtle13
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,061
    The Ryzen 3s are a pretty big jump from the 1 and 2 series - I would find a way to make one of the CPUs into the build now, rather than planned obsolescence and wasted money.

    And then if Ryzen 4 proves to be an equally or greater leap forward, you still have a path for improvement, but you haven’t left any performance on the table waiting to see if it is. 
  • AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,183
    edited March 31
    Why not cut some of your 5 hard drives out? (3 SSD's and 2 I'm assuming mechanical Hard Drives)

    Edit - My opinion -
    I'd upgrade the CPU to the 3700X, drop the PSU to 750W, drop the Crucial SSD and upgrade the Samsung to 1TB
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VWBbdm



  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
    Quizzical said:
    xD_Gaming said:
    Quizzical said:
    If you're going to shell out for an X570 motherboard, then why get an older Ryzen 7 2700X CPU?  Why not get the newer and much faster Ryzen 7 3700X?  Or even if you want to save money, why not get the cheaper and still usually faster Ryzen 5 3600X?
    Price. the ryzen 7 2700x is best bang for buck. It is under $200 , anything over the 2700x you are getting into $250 - 500. The motherboard  allows for vertical upgrade later.

    looking at different cast to bring cost down a bit
    I don't know what prices you're looking at, but on both Amazon and New Egg, a Ryzen 5 3600X is a lot cheaper than a Ryzen 7 2700X.  If you found some site that will sell the 2700X for half of what everyone else is charging but doesn't have any discount on a 3600X, then go ahead.  But I'd rather have the 3600X even for the same price, and it tends to be a lot cheaper.
    its a local shop.
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
    Why not cut some of your 5 hard drives out? (3 SSD's and 2 I'm assuming mechanical Hard Drives)

    Edit - My opinion -
    I'd upgrade the CPU to the 3700X, drop the PSU to 750W, drop the Crucial SSD and upgrade the Samsung to 1TB
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VWBbdm

    yeah, I'm pure AMD, so thanks but no thanks xD
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
    edited March 31
    Ridelynn said:
    The Ryzen 3s are a pretty big jump from the 1 and 2 series - I would find a way to make one of the CPUs into the build now, rather than planned obsolescence and wasted money.

    And then if Ryzen 4 proves to be an equally or greater leap forward, you still have a path for improvement, but you haven’t left any performance on the table waiting to see if it is. 
    because I am still on fx8350 and able to play every game, I feel since the performance of the 2700x is way bette, it will suffient. The 2700x is with in the to 20 of best cpu's. 

    Ryzen 7 3800x is $300, I can get the 2700x half that prices

    @Avery I did drop the SSD , I really don't need it asap. Want to keep the M.2 though. 

    Trimed down the price by switching to the Fractal Meshy case. 

    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,183
    xD_Gaming said:
    Why not cut some of your 5 hard drives out? (3 SSD's and 2 I'm assuming mechanical Hard Drives)

    Edit - My opinion -
    I'd upgrade the CPU to the 3700X, drop the PSU to 750W, drop the Crucial SSD and upgrade the Samsung to 1TB
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VWBbdm

    yeah, I'm pure AMD, so thanks but no thanks xD
    What I put was AMD :)
    xD_Gaming



  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 22,127
    If you really want to go full fanboy, there is AMD Radeon branded memory and SSDs out there.  I'm not sure if there is DDR4, or if it was only DDR3.  AMD didn't actually have anything to do with creating the products.  Patriot simply paid them some money to let them use the Radeon brand name on it in hopes that AMD fanboys would grab it.  Considering that the experiment seems to have ended, I'm guessing that it didn't sell well.
    xD_Gaming
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,420
    xD_Gaming said:
    changing the case to 

    Fractal Meshify C 

    I'm at  $1054

    Could upgrade the mobo or cpu maybe

    never cheap out on the CPU. I learned that the hard way. My i5-4690 has been bottlenecking my PC on more demanding games pretty much since i built it around 6 years ago. Never again.
    xD_GamingGdemami




  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
    the build is completely wrong. I need to grab a x470 chipset for the 2700x which will bring down costs even more.
    Gdemami
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
    Quizzical said:
    If you really want to go full fanboy, there is AMD Radeon branded memory and SSDs out there.  I'm not sure if there is DDR4, or if it was only DDR3.  AMD didn't actually have anything to do with creating the products.  Patriot simply paid them some money to let them use the Radeon brand name on it in hopes that AMD fanboys would grab it.  Considering that the experiment seems to have ended, I'm guessing that it didn't sell well.
    I use either Corsair or G Skill for memory.
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,061
    xD_Gaming said:
    the build is completely wrong. I need to grab a x470 chipset for the 2700x which will bring down costs even more.
    I kinda thought it was in character with the rest of the build myself
    xD_Gaming
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 22,127
    xD_Gaming said:
    the build is completely wrong. I need to grab a x470 chipset for the 2700x which will bring down costs even more.
    If you're going to get a Ryzen 7 2700X, then you need a 400 series or later motherboard.  An X570 will be fine.  So would X470 or B450.  If you get a 300 series motherboard, that could also work if it has an updated BIOS, which it probably will.  But those are so old that I wouldn't bother, and a 300 series motherboard would have reduced functionality even if it does work.

    Getting a newer motherboard for an older processor is generally fine, so long as they still support the same socket.  The first BIOS for that motherboard will support the older processor right out of the box.  The risk is if you pair an older motherboard with a newer socket, as that will require a newer BIOS that the motherboard may or may not already have when you get it.  And if it doesn't, then it may or may not be hard to update the BIOS yourself without a working processor.
    xD_Gaming
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
    Quizzical said:
    xD_Gaming said:
    the build is completely wrong. I need to grab a x470 chipset for the 2700x which will bring down costs even more.
    If you're going to get a Ryzen 7 2700X, then you need a 400 series or later motherboard.  An X570 will be fine.  So would X470 or B450.  If you get a 300 series motherboard, that could also work if it has an updated BIOS, which it probably will.  But those are so old that I wouldn't bother, and a 300 series motherboard would have reduced functionality even if it does work.

    Getting a newer motherboard for an older processor is generally fine, so long as they still support the same socket.  The first BIOS for that motherboard will support the older processor right out of the box.  The risk is if you pair an older motherboard with a newer socket, as that will require a newer BIOS that the motherboard may or may not already have when you get it.  And if it doesn't, then it may or may not be hard to update the BIOS yourself without a working processor.
    I See that it will have to be either a 470 or a B450 chipset. 
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
    Ridelynn said:
    xD_Gaming said:
    the build is completely wrong. I need to grab a x470 chipset for the 2700x which will bring down costs even more.
    I kinda thought it was in character with the rest of the build myself
    Like instead of getting a lower end 570 board I could go higher end 470 or b450. 
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 22,127
    If you're planning on getting a Ryzen 7 2700X and never upgrading it without replacing the entire system, then yes, an X470 or B450 motherboard makes sense.  The only advantage of those over an X570 system is that they're likely to be cheaper--so don't get the older motherboard unless it actually is quite a bit cheaper than the newer one.

    But if you do go with an older motherboard, do be aware that you're limiting your upgrade path.  Yes, you'll be able to upgrade to a Ryzen 3000 series CPU later, or likely to a 4000 series one once those launch.  But it won't be ideal, as you won't have the full functionality that you'd get with a newer platform.  For example, you'll never have PCI Express 4.0 support.

    If you're the sort of gamer who is happy with 60 frames per second and doesn't care about super high frame rates, then a Ryzen 7 2700X will probably last you a long time.  And if you're still happy with an FX-8350 as of earlier this year, then that probably puts you in that category.  By the time you need an upgrade, even a Ryzen 4000 series CPU will be so old as to not be an interesting option.

    Also, the local shop you were planning on buying the CPU from is going to get shut down for a while due to a coronavirus lockdown starting tomorrow.
    xD_Gaming
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
    edited April 2
    Local shop is a necessity (its a big shop, providing for large cities),  they are still operational with delays :)

    Ryzen 5 3600 6core / 12 threads
    Asus x570 TUF Gaming Plus Wifi mobo
    Trying a different ram brand with:
    HyperX Fury DDR4-3200 16gig(2x8)
    Chosing a different case with the:
    Lian Li Lancool II Full ATX case. 
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
    edited May 10
    impossible to build my computer, and I have the money now :( 

    Guess I have to wait for the B550 to roll out :| 
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 3,240




    Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.





  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,686
    Asm0deus said:




    I watched that today and it is valid point, though without getting information on why the rom has changed feels like premature rant.
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
Sign In or Register to comment.