Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those of you who like Sandbox Survival games...

RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,797
Last Oasis is about to enter Early Access in less than an hour on STEAM.

Comments

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,797
    Oh, it's 17% off until April 2nd too...

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 2,972
    I watched a video on it and the gameplay looks pretty cool. My problem is the copyright issue.

Gdemami

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,911
    They've seem to have come a long way with this game.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,999
    Nilden said:
    I watched a video on it and the gameplay looks pretty cool. My problem is the copyright issue.

They are not making those things in real life, its just a depiction in a video game. Is the guy that made those also making a video game with those in it? If you can get sued for this then how has GTA or any other game with planes, trains and automobiles in it not gotten sued yet?

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 2,972
    There's a reason the cars in GTA are called something else like the Cheetah and not the Ferrari Enzo. It's so they don't get sued.

The guy invented that kinetic leg motion it's called Jansens linkage.

Like the above video explains it could be a huge problem.

Gdemami

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

From what I hear the biggest problem it isnt solo friendly at all unlike what the devs claimed. Large clans just roaming around murdering solo's while they are still in the tutorial part.
  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,328
    Asheram said:
    From what I hear the biggest problem it isnt solo friendly at all unlike what the devs claimed. Large clans just roaming around murdering solo's while they are still in the tutorial part.
    no surpirse there. Let the ganking begin!
    Make PvE GREAT Again!
    edited March 27
    IMHO this game would have been alot more fun if it leaned more to the mmo side like Darkfall than the survival side with the crap offline raiding bs. True you can jump through hoops spending/wasting gameplay time packing up and getting to edge of map for "safe" logout but it feels more like work than game.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,628
    >

Bro, we all get to play one for real, soon. 
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,797
    NorseGod said:
    >

Meaning what?

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 1,449
    edited 3:55AM
    Rhoklaw said:
    NorseGod said:
    >

Meaning what?
    He thinks there’s going to be a covidapocolypse
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,061
    So happens i checked out a mmorpg.com streamer playing this today Doc something or other.
    It looked sort of bad,empty world,the graphics were low end nothing like you expect from watching the marketing video.
    The gadget you ride around on also just looked worse than in the video.Maybe his graphic settings were turned way down ..idk but even still the world was so empty.

To make things worse,you can harvest while on the gadget crawler,convenient but not very realistic.

I actually really enjoyed the movie that used that same idea,the moving cities idea but one look at this and it's like ummm low budget.

I didn't watch long enough to see any combat because well it was boring watching him drive over stuff to collect stuff.So idk if you get out of your drivers seat and man the gun or if that gun is just there for looks and if you man the gun,who drives lol,i really don't know.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 11,939
    edited 2:44PM
    He thinks there’s going to be a covidapocolypse
    ...actually it's panicapocalypse and we already live it.

The actual virus is fairly harmless.
    Post edited by Gdemami at