Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if....

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,532
What if this was all just a psychological experiment.  We know Caspian has a degree in psychology.  What if he has actually been running an experiment to see how far people can be deluded by increasingly ambitious promises and progressively failed deliverables?

Seriously.  Think about it.  He raised $8M by showing worse and worse stuff to the public.   Look at what was shown in the Kickstarter and look at what was shown since then.  Remember the cut and photoshopped “mood piece”?  Well he raised tens of thousands of dollars since then.   Remember the ridiculous dungeon shown recently and compare it to the Silvermine video from years ago.  It shows backward progression but they raised hundreds of thousands of dollars since then.   He has even had people lined up to spend thousands of dollars on this last land grab despite numerous false starts, delays and data variances to what they showed months back. How about that low res parkour demo.  What a shit show right?  Well they still raised thousands since they showed it.

So I don’t know what the real story is, but what if this was all just a psychology experiment?   As bizarre as it sounds, the pieces actually fit.  I mean, he even left the Discord and Forums up to record the final reactions.

Think about it.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

Gdemami

Comments

• DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I think you need sleep. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,920
    Can't tell if you took the red or blue pill.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,532
    It was meant as a joke

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,920
    It was meant as a joke
    I know... still wondering about which pill though :)
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,814
    These kinds of posts make me wonder of there is enough tin foil in the world for all the people that need it.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,532
    Iselin said:
    It was meant as a joke
    I know... still wondering about which pill though :)
    Probably both as I looked at that other Crowdfunded game article posted today and honestly thought about buying the 4 pack for my crew :)

Iselin

• Mars_OMGMars_OMG Member EpicPosts: 3,031
    there is no what if's, these people are scum.
    - abandoning social media could possibly save the world.