Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Unleashed Review In Progress Part 2

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageBless Unleashed Review In Progress Part 2

In our second part of our review in progress for Bless Unleashed, Bradford finds himself exploring the story more, dabbling with an alt, as well as taking on the marketplace.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Lowkey I wish this would come to PC. I did play the disaster that was Bless Online, but Unleashed looks to be much more polished.
    mandark91
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Lowkey I wish this would come to PC. I did play the disaster that was Bless Online, but Unleashed looks to be much more polished.

why so it can fail again?

notice they waste time on this game but not others who did launch this year
    GroqstrongMikeha
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140

So You can trashtalk it even more, of course.
    NorseGodGdemami
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815

UE3 has its limitations and it showed with Bless Online. Unleashed is the version we should have got and I would wager that it would have done much better than Bless Online.
  • SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    This all sounds horrendous. Thanks for playing it, so I never have to, and reporting on it.
    Nevereverland
  • Allwynd_01Allwynd_01 Member UncommonPosts: 193
    I don't see how this game is different than the PC one except it uses UE4 and it's console only, other than that it looks like a carbon copy of the PC one. And that one was pretty boring. Ignore the awful combat, ignore the piss poor performance, you had one very mediocre game and the world was just so lazily made - if you dare to climb some mountains and leave the designated area (which felt like a water pipe) you see how empty the world is - just hills rolling over the distance - not a single rock or tree on them - just the basic ground texture and a vast world of emptiness and laziness.
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    I for one am enjoying playing. The article is correct in saying it how it feels somewhat akin to original MMO's, however some features such as grouping tools should be standard, especially on console as it's harder to chat. That being said there is a dungeon grouping tool, so it's just the open quests that can get tricky. The hubs and GFX are really nice and so is the sound effects, but people are correct in saying outside of this it feels empty, well, don't travel outside of that, you don't need to. Black Desert Online is a vast MMO, and I rarely hear of people enjoying sitting on top of a mountain in the distance enjoying the view.

Combat is fun and the animations are very nice, there is some work to be done on the blocking timings, but I have realised that you need to roll out of the way to dodge and then block, this can cancel the animation you may be in and allow you to avoid the hit from an enemy.

I'm only level 14 and play casually, so it's a nice pick up and put down in the evenings for me. I look forward to seeing what level 40 holds and if I'll continue to play the "end game", but I thinks it's worth the effort and I'm in no rush.
  • TheGovernor1989TheGovernor1989 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Even if it is a new developer then I really can't imagine how any competent studio would choose to take a damaged beyond repair IP like Bless Online for a new game, insanity! Hopefully they make games better than they engage in Marketing.
  • flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507

Even if it is a new developer then I really can't imagine how any competent studio would choose to take a damaged beyond repair IP like Bless Online for a new game, insanity! Hopefully they make games better than they engage in Marketing.

There are millions of players on Xbox that know nothing about Bless Online really. I dont play the game but did the beta. Its not the same game as the PC game which i know you arent claiming but so many still are. Thats like saying SWG and SWTOR are the same game cause they are both Star Wars MMOs.
    Untamedgunner
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2020

flguy147 said:

There are millions of players on Xbox that know nothing about Bless Online really. I dont play the game but did the beta. Its not the same game as the PC game which i know you arent claiming but so many still are. Thats like saying SWG and SWTOR are the same game cause they are both Star Wars MMOs.

I know it is an Asian game so i already have very good ideas of how cheap the design is sooooo.....

One simple question,i see an Archer character/class,do you craft any ammo,is there even an ammo slot with various ammo choices?I assume no because this is just one area i always look for to determine how shallow and lazy a developer is and it tells me right away to stay away from a game or give it a chance..

Honestly seeing the ridiculous spin o rama's reminded of the nonsense from BDO and is a big turn off.Besides that being on Xbox pretty much says i won't ever be playing it..

I also wouldn't go so far as to say a new developer,we could say a new owner of the property but how much work was added/changed i will never know.I just find it odd that it would be segregated to the xbox lowering it's chances of success.
    alkarionlog

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2020
    So reading a bit more it seems there is some deception going on here.....not surprised.

I don't know the whole scoop,it is really tough to actually figure it all out but it sure appears that Bandai is simply a "publisher".

The fact they tried to pan this off as having no affiliation with Neowiz is enough proof of deception in the works.

So the actual developer is a subsidiary of Neowiz...lol,yeah go figure eh,yet Bandai was trying to pan it off as their own.They try to wheel and deal the terms who pays who,whatever idc,this is how subsidiaries work and partnerships work.It is sort of like Ark and Atlas and The Wild West and the other games all under the same roof but using different LLC's to brand each game separately.

I get it,Bandai signed a deal to publish this as a rebranded game and wants to differentiate it from the disaster that was Bless.I also know that You Tubers make a lot of money endorsing every single game and cannot be trusted one iota.So i am also not willing to listen to vague BS some You Tuber tells me about the two games being completely different.

On top of that,being f2p,i can't imagine the cash shop.I looked and yep i really love the ONE,yep ONE bag space per purchase lol.

"gear scores"/tiers,THE,i repeat..THE worst idea ever introduced to mmorpg's,thanks Blizzard,you clueless developer.Gaming should be about THE PLAYER,their abilities,spells and NOT about the gear.Gear should add a layer of fun and give players a slight boost but game play should never be segregated by gear scores.
    Post edited by Wizardry on

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Wizardry said:
    So reading a bit more it seems there is some deception going on here.....not surprised.

I don't know the whole scoop,it is really tough to actually figure it all out but it sure appears that Bandai is simply a "publisher".

The fact they tried to pan this off as having no affiliation with Neowiz is enough proof of deception in the works.

So the actual developer is a subsidiary of Neowiz...lol,yeah go figure eh,yet Bandai was trying to pan it off as their own.They try to wheel and deal the terms who pays who,whatever idc,this is how subsidiaries work and partnerships work.It is sort of like Ark and Atlas and The Wild West and the other games all under the same roof but using different LLC's to brand each game separately.

I get it,Bandai signed a deal to publish this as a rebranded game and wants to differentiate it from the disaster that was Bless.I also know that You Tubers make a lot of money endorsing every single game and cannot be trusted one iota.So i am also not willing to listen to vague BS some You Tuber tells me about the two games being completely different.

On top of that,being f2p,i can't imagine the cash shop.I looked and yep i really love the ONE,yep ONE bag space per purchase lol.

"gear scores"THE,i repeat..THE worst idea ever introduced to mmorpg's,thanks Blizzard,you clueless developer.Gaming should be about THE PLAYER,their abilities,spells and NOT about the gear.Gear should add a layer of fun and give players a slight boost but game play should never be segregated by gear scores.
     Nobody said it had no affiliation with Neowiz. 

Even if Bandai Namco created the game, it wouldn't immediately put it in good graces with people, me especially. Bandai Namco games are reskinned versions of other games over and over.

But they are the publisher, not the developer, if you do a google search it says it right there 

Gdemami

• IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Bless is a horrible game!!!! I can't believe any one would waste their time with this AGAIN.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    xD_Gaming said:
    my head hurts now. #xD

"combat designed specifically for consoles"
    Everyone plays mobile games now. Game is already outdated. lol
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • UntamedgunnerUntamedgunner Member UncommonPosts: 56

• UntamedgunnerUntamedgunner Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Bless Online is completely different from Bless Unleashed. I sadly put 65 hours into Bless Online, besides the wonky combat the world was all to much the same looking. From lvl 10 zone to lvl 40 it’s all generic woods low fantasy. Bless Unleashed truly made a cool high fantasy world you actually want to explore. They share the word Bless and some characters from the world lore. Beyond that two completely different games. I’m loving Unleashed it has the old school theme park mmorpg feel, with fast combo skill based combat ( skill meaning you can’t smash buttons or find your key rhythm). If you like high fantasy skill based combo combat and old school theme park mmorpg you’ll enjoy Unleashed.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Guess you'll have to wait for Bless Online Unleashed Unchained.
    Marid
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/