Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We need an ETA

ReallyNow10ReallyNow10 Member UncommonPosts: 2,249
This game has been in development for 7 years.  We need an ETA of release and maybe some open beta at this point.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,061
    DO we really?

I don't need one,i guess if anyone was dumb enough to give a game developer some free money,they might deserve some answers but idc.

Far i'm concerned,whatever happens happens,when they finally try to sell the game to me,it has be good or i won't buy it and i'll need to see it before i buy it.Right now i am playing FFXI,to me  easily the best mmorpg and i really don't see any game surpassing it for a long time because development now a days is all about business and  not about making games.

It takes a LOT of work to make a deep game,imo too much for this studio to pull off.So i expect a simple dungeon leveling game and not a heck of a lot more.Crafting sure it will have it but how deep?

Will the economy be deep because of crafting?Will the Ranger class have several crafted ammo types?Will this game repeat many of the mistakes from the EQ series?

There is sooooo much i look at when i look for a mmorpg,i am not simply buying  a gimmick or some speech about "we are old school" or "we want to bring back the glory days of EQ",i am looking for a FINISHED,great game that warrants years of my time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• goldwheatgoldwheat Member UncommonPosts: 23
    You'll never get a date.  They will run this company to bankruptcy before they give out another date.
    They were supposed to be in beta by 2017, according to public interviews in 2015.
    When they blew that date, at Pax East 2018 they said alpha before the end of 2018.  Now they have confirmed no alpha in 2020.
    I don't know what the hell they've been doing since 2016, when they had a beta quality product, but it sure hasn't been zone creation, otherwise they could move to early access and finish the game on subscription money.
    What's truly embarrassing is what project gorgon, reign of darkness, and similar games have done in less time, and with fewer developers.  They have early access games on steam, that customers are paying for.

The pantheon devs seem to be really good at making the worst possible decisions and then never fixing their mistakes.  As someone said on the official forums this past week:  "All we want is PA4 with more zones."  Apparently, that's too difficult.
    jimmywolfTimukas
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 35,361
    edited March 21
    What we "need" is a vaccine for Covid-19, a way for people to pay their bills when unable to go to work, some fking toilet paper on the damn store shelves. 
     :# 

What would be nice to have is a projected target date for Pantheon.

Let's try to keep things in their proper perspective considering society stands on the brink of collapse. (No, seriously, it really does)  :o

What I think I might "need" right now is more ammo so I can go "acquire" some TP from those who bought it all up.

:D 
    DMKanoAlbatroesLackingMMOitchmon

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 1,789
    Most of the people working on this game are learning how to do their job as they go. It's not a studio of industry vets. Taking someone who's a concept artist and asking them to create models and animation will take years just for them to learn. 
    DMKanoLackingMMO
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Kyleran said:
    What we "need" is a vaccine for Covid-19, a way for people to pay their bills when unable to go to work, some fking toilet paper on the damn store shelves. 

Let's try to keep things in their proper perspective considering society stands on the brink of collapse. (No, seriously, it really does)  :o

What I think I might "need" right now is more ammo so I can go "acquire" some TP from those who bought it all up.

I hope this entire post is a joke......cause I can't tell if serious....
    crankked said:
    Kyleran said:

Probably not. There are lots of folks who think gun violence and robbery is acceptable. Shame that most of them will find out the hard way that other people have guns too.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,008
    Maybe OP has spent TOO much time in-doors if he's making a thread like this RIGHT NOW. Even if the global situation were to be solved by tomorrow, it would take at least a year for areas to recover from the damage that has been done by the virus. I would honestly be shocked if any of these indies got anything accomplished at all this year unless they were already close to the finish line.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 1,449
    Utinni said:
    crankked said:
    Kyleran said:

Probably not. There are lots of folks who think gun violence and robbery is acceptable. Shame that most of them will find out the hard way that other people have guns too.
    Oh you tough guys. So scary. 
    jimmywolfTimukas
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 476
    Id be guessing most games in development right now just came maybe not a standstill but really close to it. Hopefully there are things they can do from home but I'm not really expecting much from development of anything right now.
    Id be guessing most games in development right now just came maybe not a standstill but really close to it. Hopefully there are things they can do from home but I'm not really expecting much from development of anything right now.
    I believe these guys are full remote anyway. 
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 476
    that's cool if they are, still to the point at hand. Id rather hear a date for a beta or something. Date for release this early is always off.
    Utinni said:
    crankked said:
    Kyleran said:

Don't own any guns because I'm not scared of the world. I just know some idiots will end up shooting eachother over TP at some point.
    itchmon
    Utinni said:
    Utinni said:
    crankked said:
    Kyleran said:

Don't own any guns because I'm not scared of the world. I just know some idiots will end up shooting eachother over TP at some point.
    I think it’s safe to say the gun part was a joke. 
  • TanistTanist Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Utinni said:
    Most of the people working on this game are learning how to do their job as they go. It's not a studio of industry vets. Taking someone who's a concept artist and asking them to create models and animation will take years just for them to learn. 

Sorry, no sympathy here.

You don't start a venture, claiming you can achieve a goal, then ask for forgiveness because... well... you are learning.

Time to put the big boy pants on, start acting like adults, like many of those in the early industry.

As I have said before, the founders of gaming did far more, with far less for their time.

Today's generation are lack luster, half wit do nothings who can only give excuses as to why they can't perform. It is why we have so much garbage out there these days.

Pantheon may release eventually, but in my opinion, they are a company who has fell far short of their claims and deserve to circle the drain.
    Timukas
    Tanist said:
    Utinni said:

Sorry, no sympathy here.

You don't start a venture, claiming you can achieve a goal, then ask for forgiveness because... well... you are learning.

Time to put the big boy pants on, start acting like adults, like many of those in the early industry.

As I have said before, the founders of gaming did far more, with far less for their time.

Today's generation are lack luster, half wit do nothings who can only give excuses as to why they can't perform. It is why we have so much garbage out there these days.

Pantheon may release eventually, but in my opinion, they are a company who has fell far short of their claims and deserve to circle the drain.
    I thought you were talking about COE.. Pantheon is actually producing stuff compared to most other indies, I don't think it's time to claim failure.
  • goldwheatgoldwheat Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Also, they claim their entire studio at visionary realms only employs industry veterans.  So yeah.
    Tanist said:
    Utinni said:

We got a high-risk poster here. Be sure to wash your hands every chance you get man. If you need someone to bring you groceries there are many services offering to do so.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,173
    Kyleran said:

Craft your own.... Here's some mats.
    Kyleran
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,625
    Kyleran said:

Some of us have ammo and TP...
    WhiteLanternKyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 22,265
    edited March 21
    Kyleran said:

If it ever goes down to using ammo on your neighbors - we already lost.

Because whenever this happens - revenge killings are a bitch- you shoot someone, their family/friends gonna probably come back and burn your house down and kill you and your family.

Violence begets violence  - a vicious cycle 

As soon as we start shooting one another - it's all fucked, if we get to this point - game over

itchmonbotrytis
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 2,997
    Obviously, covid-19 also renders people humorless.
    Kyleran

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 22,265
    edited March 21
    Obviously, covid-19 also renders people humorless.

I am not laughing - look at the leaders we have elected- remember there are people who really think like this.

If we lived in a world where resorting to violence was so absurd that it was funny it would be another thing.

But sadly when you see posts on social media to go target houses who voted for a certain candidate because they dont have guns... yeah I am not laughing 

The reality is there is a large % of ignorant scared people who will resort to violence in a heartbeat given the right circumstances
    edited March 21
    DMKano said:
    Kyleran said:

Because whenever this happens - revenge killings are a bitch- you shoot someone, their family/friends gonna probably come back and burn your house down and kill you and your family.

As soon as we start shooting one another - it's all fucked, if we get to this point - game over

It wouldn't take much of a push for such violence to break out, IMO we are closer to it than we've ever been in my life time. 

One warehouse store near my house whose parking lot has been packed every time I've driven by, day or night is called "Shooters World."

Gotta love this description from their website.

Aptly dubbed “The Second Amendment Theme Park”

I don't think most of the shoppers there are picking up extra TP.   :D

https://www.shootersworld.com/about/

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,625
    edited March 21
    DMKano said:
    Kyleran said:

I'm not worried about my neighbors.  They have my back and I have theirs.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

edited March 21
    Utinni said:
    Utinni said:
    crankked said:
    Kyleran said:

I think it’s safe to say the gun part was a joke. 
    Well, I must confess to perking up my ears as I overheard my daughter talking about a coworker who is a "prepper" bragging about how well her household was stocked as they had been getting ready for something like this for years. 

Good to know.

;)
    OG_Zorvan